HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

GDT - Feb. 7th | Ottawa @ Buffalo | TSN 7:00 ‎

Old
02-07-2007, 01:17 AM
swiftwin
#lalala

vCash: 500
GDT - Feb. 7th | Ottawa @ Buffalo | TSN 7:00 ‎

*still a work in progress, will add more tomorow morning, i have a lab report to work on

swiftwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 01:28 AM
moz
Gute Post

ooo very nice stuff. I'm loving how pretty our GDTs are getting.
Even better are all those green Ws piling up.

Looking forward to this game, especially since I get to see this one on TV (lots of nationally broadcast games lately, it's been wonderful). Will be interesting to see how TSN slants their broadcast since they are broadcasting it as a Buffalo game, but the Sens have been killing them all year.

moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Bileur

I've got a 12 page paper for thrusday and a little 6 pager for friday with about 170- pages left to read or so to finish them and i'm working tomorrow night so I unfortunately wont be able to watch. I will have my radio with me at work so I hope i'll at least be able to listen to some of it depends on the customer flow, although i'm doing some new closing training so I guess it depends on how that goes and how long it takes too.

Either way GO SENS GO!!!!!! Enjoy and Appreciate the game guys/girls.

BTW nice start on that GTW man. Keep it going.

ps Who is that wearing the A? Fish maybe? Dont look like him.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Savannah Skunk

Nice GDT! Well done! The Sens have had Buffalo's number all season; however, i'm fearful that trend is going to be broken. I really hope that Ottawa steps up their play this game and hands it to the Sabres with at least 6 goals. However, i think it will be a one-goal game. If the Senators come out and play with intensity, grit, and effort, then even if they lose, ill still be happy.

I predict a 4-3 Senator's win.

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:23 AM
MHX
Hockey Makes Us...

I'm really not sure how this game will go. Buffalo won't want to drop another one to us so I think they'll be fired up tonight. Also, it's Emery vs. Miller.

My two favorite teams collide tonight... and I'm watching it on TSN HD!!!!

MHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:39 AM
The Fuhr

HD is awesome

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:46 AM
zman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Sens Go View Post
I'm really not sure how this game will go. Buffalo won't want to drop another one to us so I think they'll be fired up tonight. Also, it's Emery vs. Miller.

My two favorite teams collide tonight... and I'm watching it on TSN HD!!!!

No doubt this is a huge game for the Sabres but they had a tough shootout game in ATL last night and did not get back to Buffalo until 2am. meanwhile the Sens were relaxing in Buffalo and getting a good nights sleep. B/t/w...is it true that Ottawa only has 8 back to back games this season while Buffalo has 17? That is completely unfair if true.

zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Savannah Skunk

Despite some poor play in the last few games, our penalty killing has been great. The sens have killed 21 power play chances over five games! We will need to keep that if we want a win in Buffalo.

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
No doubt this is a huge game for the Sabres but they had a tough shootout game in ATL last night and did not get back to Buffalo until 2am. meanwhile the Sens were relaxing in Buffalo and getting a good nights sleep. B/t/w...is it true that Ottawa only has 8 back to back games this season while Buffalo has 17? That is completely unfair if true.
I think the Sens have 9 back-to-back games, if that makes any difference. It's not like the back-to-back games have caused Buffalo to lose ground with anyone. If anything it'll be an advantage come playoffs with the added endurance.

That being said, I see a rested Sens team looking flat for 20 minutes but eventually playing their regualr 40 minutes of hockey and pulling out a win in the third.

4-2 Sens.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:38 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
We're playing Montreal tomorrow.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:53 AM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indrew View Post
I think the Sens have 9 back-to-back games, if that makes any difference. It's not like the back-to-back games have caused Buffalo to lose ground with anyone. If anything it'll be an advantage come playoffs with the added endurance.

That being said, I see a rested Sens team looking flat for 20 minutes but eventually playing their regualr 40 minutes of hockey and pulling out a win in the third.

4-2 Sens.
I think the Sens have 12 back-to-back games.

Nice GDT!

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:07 AM
PlayItAgain

Quote:
No doubt this is a huge game for the Sabres but they had a tough shootout game in ATL last night and did not get back to Buffalo until 2am. meanwhile the Sens were relaxing in Buffalo and getting a good nights sleep.
Same exact thing happenned to the Sens last week during a back to back series against Montreal and Washington. Guess what? They won their second game. No excuses.

Amazing that a fan of a first place team is already lining up the excuses before playing a 6th place team.

PlayItAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:29 AM
EJsens1
HFBoards Sponsor

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=195111&hubname=nhl

Quote:
The Buffalo Sabres Hall of Fame will be inducting Phil Housley in a pre-game ceremony on Wednesday, February 7, prior to the game against Ottawa.
This is getting ridiculous!

EJsens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:31 AM
N Bahn Ahden

I didn't realise where Pittsburgh was in the standings. Nobody can afford to stop winning. Should be a fun game as Buffalo usually is, and TSN usually does a good job.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:41 AM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgain View Post
Same exact thing happenned to the Sens last week during a back to back series against Montreal and Washington. Guess what? They won their second game. No excuses.

Amazing that a fan of a first place team is already lining up the excuses before playing a 6th place team.
No excuses allowed. Each team must rise to the occassion. However, Buffalo has really not played well in the third period since early this year. This cant help. I expect the Sabres to run out of gas in the third, which is not good against an Ottawa team that is as fast as Buffalo as it is.

However, you have to admit that it is a bit strange that Buffalo has almot twice the number of back to back games than Ottawa. They have 34 back to back games, 41% of their schedule. 10 back to back in March alone. Ottawa has 18. Montreal has 30, leafs and Bruins in between Montreal and Ottawa.

Im not sure about Miller playing tonight.

Good luck and good game.

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:47 AM
PlayItAgain

I am curious about McGuire's take on tonights game. He had a huge boner for the Sabres earlier in the season.

Old
02-07-2007, 09:57 AM
zman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgain View Post

No, I'm not making excuses. Buffalo has to win this game tonight regardless of the circumstances. All I'm saying is they have 17 sets of back to back games and Ottawa has 9. If the situation was reversed you guys would have the same beef as me.

zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:02 AM
PlayItAgain

Quote:
No, I'm not making excuses. Buffalo has to win this game tonight regardless of the circumstances. All I'm saying is they have 17 sets of back to back games and Ottawa has 9. If the situation was reversed you guys would have the same beef as me.
Its a legitimate beef no doubt. But if the roles were reversed, I really doubt Ottawa fans would be going to the Buffalo board to complain about it.

Old
02-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
no...noo....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO

I have to go work at National H.Q. tonight from 6-9.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:16 AM
BBB

Quote:
Why does Buffalo have all those Friday + Saturday back to backs? Did the Sabres request Friday night home games becasuse they are a good draw in Buff?

BBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Egil

Normally large number of back to backs are caused by the Club's prefered Home dates. Ottawa tends to play every Thursday and Saturday, which minimizes the back to backs. I know Toronto used to like Wednesday and Saturday, which causes alot of back to backs.

Egil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:50 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

We'd better see a return of the "work ethic" style which led to so much success in January.

These next three games are hugely important. Difficult opponents at a time where the playoff race is heating up.

And we have no excuses for coming out slow. Lots of time off, no major injuries.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

I have faith the Sens will work hard and pull out three straight victories. The Sabres and Habs haven't played that great as of late, so they are ripe for the picking.

Emery has been nearly unbeatable against the Sabres this year, but I actually hope Gerber gets a piece of the Habs... especially if Emery starts on Thursday and losses.
I think Gerber might be a little motivated to stimy them considering how they lit him up last spring.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Roy G Biv*

Tom Preissing is leading our defensive corps in scoring, and the team in +/- with 14 min/g?

Weird.

The last half of the season belongs to Wade Redden. He needs to pick up his game.

Roy G Biv* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
ps Who is that wearing the A? Fish maybe? Dont look like him.
I think it is ... when Redden was out. Yes ?

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote