HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What is Prucha's role...

Old
02-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
What is Prucha's role...

on this team? Just wondering if anybody could help me with that question.

Also, if you were to guess, what are the expectations the coach has for Prucha?

Finally, when your team is struggling on the PP, and you have a guy who scored 16 goals in 260 PP minutes, compared to another guy who has scored 13 in 297 with virtually the same lineup of players, do you give that 16 goal guy more chances, or less?

Just honest questions. Would love to hear thoughts.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:23 AM
johnny_rudeboy

He isnt played enough IMO. He plays with passion and desire. And he have showed to be a good scorer as well. Give him more ice time!!!

Have to add I dont see more then every 4th Ranger game at most but when I do and when he play he looks just fine.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:41 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

Finally, when your team is struggling on the PP, and you have a guy who scored 16 goals in 260 PP minutes, compared to another guy who has scored 13 in 297 with virtually the same lineup of players, do you give that 16 goal guy more chances, or less?

As a vocal supporter of Renney, I can't understand what he's doing with Prucha. I think you have to at least look at putting Prucha on the top PP unit and move Shanny to the second unit.

I am concerned about him and his size and the way he plays. I can easily see him wearing down like Tony Granato did.

02-07-2007, 08:42 AM
94now

After break through last year most teams have figured him out and defensemen know by now all his moves. He had hard time to adjust to it this season and I think Rangers coaches work with him in that area. As any pure winger he needs a good centre to be productive. Rangers are short in this department, therefore, and also, since Shanahan took his spot on PP, he is not 30 goal scored this year. Due to his struggles this season Renney tried many things to keep him going, including playing defense, but nothing really worked. Nothing will work up until good 2C is on the team. The more I look at it, the more I realize that letting Rucchin go was a horrendous mistake.

Bottom line : absence of Rucchin is , IMO, is a main reason for Prucha not being effective.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:43 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
As a vocal supporter of Renney, I can't understand what he's doing with Prucha. I think you have to at least look at putting Prucha on the top PP unit and move Shanny to the second unit.

I am concerned about him and his size and the way he plays. I can easily see him wearing down like Tony Granato did.
Agreed. Renney takes a lot of criticism, and while a lot of it is undeserved, I've been upset all season about the way he's handled Prucha.

At least he's finally getting some time on the top units again. When he was paired with Hollweg and Orr a few weeks ago I thought I was going to lose my mind.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
punching bag seems to fit him. We allow this kid to get his ass handed to him and no one sticks up for him. With Avery Prucha and kids like Dawes and Hollweg we have a great starting point for speed and grit. Prucha is not getting PP time but hossa connects with a shot from 40 feet out that Hasek misses and he does?

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:50 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
punching bag seems to fit him. We allow this kid to get his ass handed to him and no one sticks up for him. With Avery Prucha and kids like Dawes and Hollweg we have a great starting point for speed and grit. Prucha is not getting PP time but hossa connects with a shot from 40 feet out that Hasek misses and he does?

Whoa whoa, let's be fair here. I agree that Prucha should be getting more PP time than Hossa, but that shot of his to beat Hasek was beautiful. Give credit where credit is due.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:55 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Whoa whoa, let's be fair here. I agree that Prucha should be getting more PP time than Hossa, but that shot of his to beat Hasek was beautiful. Give credit where credit is due.
that was a lovely shot alright. Hossa needs to shoot more...like that..and score.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Dagoon44

it was a 40 foot wrist shot that Hasek missed please it was nice cause it went in but 9out of 10 times in the glove whistle blown

Old
02-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Fletch

It was a great placed shot...

but coming from Hossa, Hasek was caught off guard and reacted slowly to it. Nice shot, but Hasek should've had it.

I agree with those who think that perhaps Prucha should get some more first unit time. His shooting percentage has climbed to low teens from mid single digits and when he gets the puck in a position to shoot, he's actually getting off decent shots. I'm a bit troubled that a guy like Avery comes in and gets more PP time and 16 minutes of action in his first game, and Prucha's disgarded from Cullen's left. Perhaps it was a good call by Renny, trying to do it in a game against the Devils (which still only netted the Rangers two goals), but this seems to be a trend - finding a second line left winger.

Old
02-07-2007, 09:20 AM
chosen

Prucha is our designated hard check absorber.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Garv23

I love Prucha's heart but DAMN this kid takes a beating! He's played a little sloppy the last few games. Lots of giveaways. But I agree he should be on the first unit on the PP. He'll get himself around the goal and not float around the outside like the others.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 01:01 PM
rickyrod

If Avery is going to play every game like he played last night, I wouldn't mind have him and Prucha on the same line. Of course, I'm not sold on that, and then it would be another line with 3 wingers. At least someone might think twice about hitting him dirty if they knew Avery would be delivering the followup.

I'm not sure a single move is what would help the top PP unit, but I'm all for switching out Shanny or Nylander for Prucha. I don't like Straka on the point at all, either, but I'd like to see him play a different role within the same unit.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
What a shock coming from the lead instigator of the fight club

Gretzky: "Ya know, having a great goalie, scoring goals and playing tight defense helped our dynasty become what it has, but in all honesty we'd have won no cups without everyone sticking up for everyone. Cause afterall, thats really what hockey is all about."

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
What a shock coming from the lead instigator of the fight club

Gretzky: "Ya know, having a great goalie, scoring goals and playing tight defense helped our dynasty become what it has, but in all honesty we'd have won no cups without everyone sticking up for everyone. Cause afterall, thats really what hockey is all about."

I wasn't bashing Prucha sorry if it looked that way. I love this freaking kids hustle and passion. I hate to see him run like last night and nothing to protect him

Old
02-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
I wasn't bashing Prucha sorry if it looked that way. I love this freaking kids hustle and passion. I hate to see him run like last night and nothing to protect him
But its ALWAYS your first answer. There are so many things wrong with this team, sticking up for one another is the least of our worries.

Old
02-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Fletch

If you think of...

sticking up for each other a bit more deeply, you may come to the conclusion that one reason is a lack of cohesiveness, or a sense of 'team' if you will, and that could be a big problem.

Old
02-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
But its ALWAYS your first answer. There are so many things wrong with this team, sticking up for one another is the least of our worries.
Do you play team sports? The winning teams walk on fire for each other. Sticking up for each other is a team bonding excerise that all teams go thru. We failed many times. Please don't make blanket statements about me. I played professinal baseball and have wrestled professinally for 15 years Trust me lack of protection for younger, timid or less physical players can distroy a team. Bluenote you speak about it being my first answer well it is because i would never letit happen to a team mate. you a yankee fan? Did you love when Clemans protected his talented players like Jeter and A-rod by throwing inside or at people? We allow Prucha to lose confidence and possiblity

Old
02-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Fletch

I don't disagree about sticking up for guys...

in general, as it's a good thing, but I think Prucha lost confidence mostly because he lost his role from last season and then was discarded early and banished to third and fourth lines and sometimes getting less than 10 minutes of ice time, never getting in on the 4-on-4 action, and the coach losing confidence in him before he lost his, I think. I think Petr thrives on taking a banging.

Old
02-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Do you play team sports? The winning teams walk on fire for each other. Sticking up for each other is a team bonding excerise that all teams go thru. We failed many times. Please don't make blanket statements about me. I played professinal baseball and have wrestled professinally for 15 years Trust me lack of protection for younger, timid or less physical players can distroy a team. Bluenote you speak about it being my first answer well it is because i would never letit happen to a team mate. you a yankee fan? Did you love when Clemans protected his talented players like Jeter and A-rod by throwing inside or at people? We allow Prucha to lose confidence and possiblity
Theres a time and place for such retribution. I'm glad you brought up baseball. Yeah, a pitcher can throw at a guy because he's in a position to. I think a few of the rangers wouldve like to line up Lukowich after that hit, but they were'nt going to take a bad penalty and have that be what bites them in the arse later.

And again, it wasn't an illegal hit, if it were then all bets not Blair are off and I wouldve wanted to go out on that ice myself. It wouldve been different if Pruchs was getting blasted all night, THEN you have reason to get physical back.

I completely understand sticking up for teammates, i've been in both those positions before myself playing competitive hockey. A 5'4 freshman in HS, I was 1st line RW. Played rec hockey throughout Jersey, Philly & Delaware as a Rangers fan - I learned hard hockey early.

Old
02-07-2007, 07:08 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

Prucha is the whipping boy. When a vet plays poorly Prucha gets a whippin.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:39 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

2nd line winger...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Theres a time and place for such retribution. I'm glad you brought up baseball. Yeah, a pitcher can throw at a guy because he's in a position to. I think a few of the rangers wouldve like to line up Lukowich after that hit, but they were'nt going to take a bad penalty and have that be what bites them in the arse later.

And again, it wasn't an illegal hit, if it were then all bets not Blair are off and I wouldve wanted to go out on that ice myself. It wouldve been different if Pruchs was getting blasted all night, THEN you have reason to get physical back.

I completely understand sticking up for teammates, i've been in both those positions before myself playing competitive hockey. A 5'4 freshman in HS, I was 1st line RW. Played rec hockey throughout Jersey, Philly & Delaware as a Rangers fan - I learned hard hockey early.
Hey Blue if you need me to ride shotgun for you i will lol. I am 6ft 2 285 and slightly roided right now lol

Old
02-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Hey Blue if you need me to ride shotgun for you i will lol. I am 6ft 2 285 and slightly roided right now lol
You outweigh me by 100 pounds

I'm 5'11 with my boots on so watch out !

Old
02-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Dagoon44

I have Kamala and Brutus Beefcake in town you can centerthat line and I will play d with Masked Superstar