HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is Prucha's role...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2007, 11:22 AM
  #26
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,519
vCash: 500
Prucha's role I guess is to wait until the summer put on some weight and come back in the role to become a 2nd line winger

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:18 PM
  #27
Prucha25Graves988*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod View Post
If Avery is going to play every game like he played last night, I wouldn't mind have him and Prucha on the same line.
You read my mind I was going to say the samething. I think a line of Prucha and Avery would be pretty nice, maybe throw Cullen on that line as well.

I dont know , but the idea Prucha & avery sounds great.

How about:

Prucha-Avery-Ortmeyer
Prucha-Avery-Hollweg

I think either line could work, would tough aggressive, energetic and with #16 & 25 could hopefully help #44 put up a couple points here and there, either line would be very tough to play against.


Last edited by Prucha25Graves988*: 02-09-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:37 PM
  #28
JRGNYR
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
His role? Honestly, I think it's trade bait.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:42 PM
  #29
MrAlfie
 
MrAlfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rehab
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Tom Renneys whipping boy

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:52 PM
  #30
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
The fans excuse to rip Renney.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:57 PM
  #31
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,403
vCash: 500
more ice time. play him with Jagr!!!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:52 PM
  #32
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Fletch, I really think that it goes back to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Just honest questions. Would love to hear thoughts.
the fact that Renney does not think of Prucha (for whatever reason) as a top-6 forward, no matter what the evidence is. Renney has not thought of him much last year, as a one-armed Rucinsky instantly regained his spot on the top 2 lines, despite the fact that Prucha had flourished there. Renney is stubborn and has not shown much of a proclivity to change his mind. It is a shame that the Rangers have finally seemed to come up with a homegrown top-6 sniper, but Renney cannot get it out of his mind that he does not belong on the top-2 lines. As thus, he really has no role. With Renney running the show, I expect Prucha to be traded by the end of next year.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:04 PM
  #33
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,703
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
the fact that Renney does not think of Prucha (for whatever reason) as a top-6 forward, no matter what the evidence is. Renney has not thought of him much last year, as a one-armed Rucinsky instantly regained his spot on the top 2 lines, despite the fact that Prucha had flourished there. Renney is stubborn and has not shown much of a proclivity to change his mind. It is a shame that the Rangers have finally seemed to come up with a homegrown top-6 sniper, but Renney cannot get it out of his mind that he does not belong on the top-2 lines. As thus, he really has no role. With Renney running the show, I expect Prucha to be traded by the end of next year.
That's basically it. He has no role on this team because Renney doesn't like him as much as he likes the vets. And I think he will be traded before the deadline or over the summer.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:24 PM
  #34
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,961
vCash: 500
What is Prucha's role...


....to alternate with Avery between the 2nd and 3rd lines and make it harder for teams to match up. Avery is a nice fit so far with Nyls and Shanny, but he's also a nice fit w/Orts and Cully. Same w/Prucha IMO.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 05:14 PM
  #35
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
I go back to my introduction a number of years go on Prucha from the Hockey Rodent and I still think that Ro was dead on in his assessment of Prucha. Prucha belongs on a 3rd line with players whose forte is forechecking the living daylights out of the opposition. I finally think Renney has hit upon a combination with Cullen & Orts playing on the same line with Prucha that will play to his strengths.

Prucha is the kind of player who will out work the 3rd set of Dmen and most 3rd line forwards. Understand that I am not saying that Prucha lacks the ability to play 2nd line. I am making a fine distinction about how and where he will be most effective.

He needs to play quality minutes on the PP. Finally in the last game we saw a proper alignment of the PP units. In my opinion the 2nd unit starts the PP. They were by far the most effective. Prucha worked well on the PP last year and earlier this year until Renney came down with Vet-itis.

Prucha is a piece of of the puzzle. I hear all of this talk about Prucha and Montoya for Horton. On the surface I do not know how much you gain in actual production between Prucha and Horton. Horton is not the franchise player that I had in mind if we traded Prucha and Montoya. I would rather keep them until something more appealing comes along. No knock on Horton, I like him, but not at that price.
I just think we need to wait a few more years. Prucha is still developing.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 05:48 PM
  #36
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,456
vCash: 500
I do believe...

Prucha needs a playmaker. Call it on a third line, fourth line, second or first, I believe he needs that. If I remember correctly, he scored one goal last season playing with third liners, 16 on the PP, and 13 with either Jagr or Rucchin, despite playing a lot with Betts. He may not create a lot on his own, but if a player scores 30 goals in 68 games then I don't really care how they came about because he's doing better than most everyone else.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:04 AM
  #37
bathgate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Prucha needs a playmaker. Call it on a third line, fourth line, second or first, I believe he needs that. If I remember correctly, he scored one goal last season playing with third liners, 16 on the PP, and 13 with either Jagr or Rucchin, despite playing a lot with Betts. He may not create a lot on his own, but if a player scores 30 goals in 68 games then I don't really care how they came about because he's doing better than most everyone else.
You are right on! Prucha has incredible hands and the heart of a giant. Why is he so different than Gionta?MO they have the same skill set. However, Gionta does have a play making center

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:14 AM
  #38
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Prucha needs a playmaker. Call it on a third line, fourth line, second or first, I believe he needs that. If I remember correctly, he scored one goal last season playing with third liners, 16 on the PP, and 13 with either Jagr or Rucchin, despite playing a lot with Betts. He may not create a lot on his own, but if a player scores 30 goals in 68 games then I don't really care how they came about because he's doing better than most everyone else.
Therein lies the problem. Nylander is the only true playmaker we have on this team. If he's not centering Jags then he's centering Shanny. Right now Hossa has earned the spot on the other wing from Jags and its pretty obvious that Shanny really likes Avery and that him and Avery are going to be playing on the same line until Renney is convinced it doesn't work. Which basically leaves Prucha playing on the 3rd line with Orts and Cullen a line which I believe can really put up some points and become a very strong 3rd line for this team.

The other thing is, and I belive that Renney sees this, is that Prucha doesn't have the size to be playing 18-20 minutes a game. He's built like York and we all know what happened to York by the final 3rd of the season. Just keep playing Prucha on the 3rd line and give him some pp time and Prucha should be ok.

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:17 AM
  #39
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
Awards:
I think the kid is probably trade bait, right now.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 11:07 AM
  #40
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I think the kid is probably trade bait, right now.
I do too..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:14 PM
  #41
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Right now Hossa has earned the spot on the other wing from Jags
How on Earth did Hossa (who up until the last 4 games had all of 2 goals and 3 assists) EARN that spot ahead of Prucha? What has Hossa shown in the last two years that would have anyone believe that he has more potential to be a top-6 forward than Prucha? Prucha has done his share of earning, but only Renney's foolish belief that a player like him should not be a top-6 forward has him playing anywhere but.
Quote:
The other thing is, and I belive that Renney sees this, is that Prucha doesn't have the size to be playing 18-20 minutes a game.
This is getting old. Until it is a problem, why treat it like one? Until he shows that he cannot do it, why invent reasons for him not to be playing where he deserves?
Quote:
He's built like York and we all know what happened to York by the final 3rd of the season.
He's also build like Feury was and Gionta is. Or St. Louis. Or Sullivan. Or Kariya. No one seems to be worried about them not being able to play for the whole season.
Quote:
Just keep playing Prucha on the 3rd line and give him some pp time and Prucha should be ok.
That does not change the fact that playing not playing him on the top two lines is a prime example of the Rangers not putting their best forward prospect since the likes of Amonte, Kovalev & Weight, into a position for best success.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:49 PM
  #42
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
How on Earth did Hossa (who up until the last 4 games had all of 2 goals and 3 assists) EARN that spot ahead of Prucha? What has Hossa shown in the last two years that would have anyone believe that he has more potential to be a top-6 forward than Prucha? Prucha has done his share of earning, but only Renney's foolish belief that a player like him should not be a top-6 forward has him playing anywhere but.
He has just as much potential as Prucha, results, Prucha has got him beat. Marcel has alot of potential; he hasn't been able to convert that into results. Hossa has for most of the season played very solid. On many nights, especially in the last 2 months, when most of the team hasn't shown up he's consistently been one of our better players. Also, I've always advocated playing a physical forward with Jagr. Sending out Jagr with Strak and Nylander is insane especially when you consider the other teams have been using the likes of Colin White, Hatcher, Witt, Stuart, etc. against him. Hossa fits the bill much better than Prucha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
This is getting old. Until it is a problem, why treat it like one? Until he shows that he cannot do it, why invent reasons for him not to be playing where he deserves?

He's also build like Feury was and Gionta is. Or St. Louis. Or Sullivan. Or Kariya. No one seems to be worried about them not being able to play for the whole season.
He needs to have a center who can feed him. He needs to shoot the puck and with his size he won't create much offense himself so he needs someone who can feed him the biscuit. With Jagr & Shanny being the go to guys on the top two lines it doesn't leave much for Prucha. Whenever Prucha has been on the ice with Jagr he's looked for JJ to shoot. He didn't have much chemistry early in the season with Shanny so where does that leave him? He's a victim of how this team is set up. He really needs to be the go to guy on his team and right now he is far down on the list of options. We may not agree with that but it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
That does not change the fact that playing not playing him on the top two lines is a prime example of the Rangers not putting their best forward prospect since the likes of Amonte, Kovalev & Weight, into a position for best success.
I usually agree with that statement but not in this case. Once again, where would you have him playing? I think Hossa is a better option on the 1st line and Shanny has made his feelings on Avery pretty clear. Unless you want to try him centering the 2nd line (which would be a huge mistake), how and where would you slot him in the top 6?

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:30 PM
  #43
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,050
vCash: 500
What's Prucha's role? Hopefully, trade bait for Nathan Horton.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:55 PM
  #44
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
2nd line scorer....1st PP unit scorer

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:33 PM
  #45
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
He has just as much potential as Prucha, results, Prucha has got him beat. Marcel has alot of potential; he hasn't been able to convert that into results.
Yes, but potential and a $1.25 gets you a cup of coffee. So far, even with the latest hot flash factored in, Hossa has given ZERO indication that he is anywhere near reaching his potential.
Quote:
Sending out Jagr with Strak and Nylander is insane especially when you consider the other teams have been using the likes of Colin White, Hatcher, Witt, Stuart, etc. against him. Hossa fits the bill much better than Prucha.
What bill? What difference does Hossa make when one of those players is playing against Jagr? How does Hossa figure into White's or Hatcher's or Witt's gameplan? Surely you cannot think that Witt is going to change his gameplan becuase big, bad Hossa is riding shotgun for Jagr?
Quote:
He needs to have a center who can feed him. He needs to shoot the puck and with his size he won't create much offense himself so he needs someone who can feed him the biscuit. With Jagr & Shanny being the go to guys on the top two lines it doesn't leave much for Prucha.
And Hossa can suddenly create his own offense?
Quote:
Whenever Prucha has been on the ice with Jagr he's looked for JJ to shoot.
That was not really the case last year and whenever Prucha got on the PP this year. I have still to see how exactly it is that Hossa has earned any type of top-2 line ice time whereas Prucha has not.
Quote:
He didn't have much chemistry early in the season with Shanny so where does that leave him?
No chemistry with Shany or not being able to score goals with Cullen as a center? Shany was not able to score many goals with Cullen either.
Quote:
He's a victim of how this team is set up. He really needs to be the go to guy on his team and right now he is far down on the list of options. We may not agree with that but it is what it is.
Be that as it may, that still does not answer the question of how it is that one can deem that Hossa has earned his top-6 spot whereas Prucha has not.
Quote:
I usually agree with that statement but not in this case. Once again, where would you have him playing? I think Hossa is a better option on the 1st line and Shanny has made his feelings on Avery pretty clear. Unless you want to try him centering the 2nd line (which would be a huge mistake), how and where would you slot him in the top 6?
Where would I have who playing? Prucha? Exactly where Hossa is playing right now. And if you think that Hossa is the better option, then you have to be able to show me why. I do not think that there is any credible argument that one can make that would have Hossa as a better option on the top line than Prucha.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 07:57 AM
  #46
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Yes, but potential and a $1.25 gets you a cup of coffee. So far, even with the latest hot flash factored in, Hossa has given ZERO indication that he is anywhere near reaching his potential.

What bill? What difference does Hossa make when one of those players is playing against Jagr? How does Hossa figure into White's or Hatcher's or Witt's gameplan? Surely you cannot think that Witt is going to change his gameplan becuase big, bad Hossa is riding shotgun for Jagr?

And Hossa can suddenly create his own offense?
Hossa handles the puck better and takes it to the net. Doesn't always amount to much but its something. Also, because of his size, his ability to win pucks in the corners and crash the net Hossa playing with Jagr presents matchup problems that you don't have when you've got Jagr-Nylander-Straka or Jagr-Straka-Prucha out there. Coaches in the NHL won't set their d's up to stop Hossa, but Hossa being out there creates room for Jagr which allows him to be more effective. I've called for Hossa (or any big body that can skate) out there with Jags for most of the season for that exact reason. Smart teams kept Jagr-Nylaner-Straka on the perimeter and were able to neutralize them. With Hossa out there going to the net and drawing guys to him in the corner its much more difficult to play against.


Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
That was not really the case last year and whenever Prucha got on the PP this year. I have still to see how exactly it is that Hossa has earned any type of top-2 line ice time whereas Prucha has not.

No chemistry with Shany or not being able to score goals with Cullen as a center? Shany was not able to score many goals with Cullen either.

Be that as it may, that still does not answer the question of how it is that one can deem that Hossa has earned his top-6 spot whereas Prucha has not.

Where would I have who playing? Prucha? Exactly where Hossa is playing right now. And if you think that Hossa is the better option, then you have to be able to show me why. I do not think that there is any credible argument that one can make that would have Hossa as a better option on the top line than Prucha.
For most of the last two months, especially when the team was playing very poorly, on many nights Hossa was consistently one of the few guys that showed up. That is how, in my mind, he has earned a shot at playing with Jagr. Also, he's a better fit on that line then Prucha.

I do believe that you are right in your statement that the lack of chemistry between Prucha and Shanny is probably due to Cullen. Now with Straka centering that line it would be a good time to try Shanny-Straka-Prucha. Drop Avery to play with Orts and Cullen and you've now got 3 very solid lines.

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:59 PM
  #47
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Also, because of his size, his ability to win pucks in the corners and crash the net Hossa playing with Jagr presents matchup problems that you don't have when you've got Jagr-Nylander-Straka or Jagr-Straka-Prucha out there.
And yet somehow, Prucha when playing with Jagr generated more offense than virtually any othe winger not names Straka.
Quote:
Coaches in the NHL won't set their d's up to stop Hossa, but Hossa being out there creates room for Jagr which allows him to be more effective. Smart teams kept Jagr-Nylaner-Straka on the perimeter and were able to neutralize them. With Hossa out there going to the net and drawing guys to him in the corner its much more difficult to play against.
And now Hatcher's, White's & Witt's gameplans are now changing becuase of Hossa? Or are you saying that their effectiveness diminishes due to mighty Marcel's presence? Funny becuase I never noticed how Hossa's size prevents anyone from playing any differently against Jagr or anyone else.
Quote:
For most of the last two months, especially when the team was playing very poorly, on many nights Hossa was consistently one of the few guys that showed up. That is how, in my mind, he has earned a shot at playing with Jagr. Also, he's a better fit on that line then Prucha.
A guy who up until two weeks ago had two goals deserves better than someone how netted 30 as a rookie? And still has more than double the amount of goals in a "down" period? A 4th liner better fit than Prucha? Can Marcel first score 10 goals before he is annoited a top-6 forward?

I don't want to sound like this is just all about bashing Hossa, but his chances have been much more plentifull than Prucha's have. And, and I cannot state this enough, for me it boils down to that Hossa is just not a great player. A decent 4th liner? Ok. But a handfull of good games here and there have not changed my mind. To me, Renney has mishandled Prucha's growth and confidence. In nearly 120 games, Hossa has 15 goals. In the two years that I have watched him, he has never exhibited signs of even being able to reach his potential. While I would love for him to acheive it, I just do not see it. And the fact that he has assumed a top-6 spot at Prucha's expense is not sitting well. To me, one player has a future as a top-6 forward and one player does not. Prucha's time on the 2nd line was not for long, and until recently has his PP time at nearly nothing. And this despite the fact that he has more PP goals than Shanny last year. To me, he has shown more than Hossa has and should be the one playing with Jagr.


Last edited by True Blue: 02-13-2007 at 10:14 PM.
True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 10:34 PM
  #48
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,338
vCash: 500
Eklund wrote today that the Kings are interested in Prucha. How do you guys feel about Sopel?

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:14 AM
  #49
RightKinger
Registered User
 
RightKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 500
Sopel and Pushkarev to NYR for Prucha? or Derek Armstrong for Peter Prucha?

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 05:29 AM
  #50
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Eklund wrote today that the Kings are interested in Prucha. How do you guys feel about Sopel?
The Rangers might deal Prucha, but, it is NOT going to be for a rental.He's being mentioned in possible deals for Horton and Zherdev. If he gets dealt, it will be for someone who can help the Rangers long term. Sopel doesn't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
or Derek Armstrong for Peter Prucha?
PLEASE tell me you weren't being serious? How about Jason Krog for Patrick O'Sullivan?

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.