HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I thought a lot of our players played well against Van, but

Old
02-09-2007, 09:06 PM
gr8haluschak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher View Post
Look at his stats, watch the quality of goals he is allowing at key times, he is anything but stellar this year. Take away the first 20 ish games and he has been down right bad for a lot of the action.
quality of shots, wow are you even saying he is letting in crappy goals. Telll me this how many goals are because our team has ______ up yet again and he coul dnot bail them out. Added to that how is a goal being scored oh sometime in the second period a key time. |Finally your comment of downright awful is just nonsense, he has had some great games, good games and bad games but the way you talk you woul dseem that he has done ____ in the last two months.

gr8haluschak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:12 PM
gr8haluschak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
re-read my post. I agree that Roloson has played well for the Oilers. I love the guy. He simply isn't giving us that timely big save that other top tier goalies do on a consistent basis like Luongo or Kipprosoff. Luongo outplayed Roloson last game AGAIN. The 3rd Van goal was a back breaker. The first two were certainly not the fault of Roloson.
Oh I am sorry, i forgot that he was better than these guys, I mean he has been outdone by two of the top three goalies in the NHL. Added to that since when did we need Roli to constantly steal games for us if we had this suposed great offense. Finally tell me when is a game won or lost in the second period ? It never ceases to amaze me that people even think the blame starts at him because he could not bail this team out one more time.

gr8haluschak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8haluschak View Post
Oh I am sorry, i forgot that he was better than these guys, I mean he has been outdone by two of the top three goalies in the NHL. Added to that since when did we need Roli to constantly steal games for us if we had this suposed great offense. Finally tell me when is a game won or lost in the second period ? It never ceases to amaze me that people even think the blame starts at him because he could not bail this team out one more time.
Dude why are you so condescending and irratable in all your posts? I'm just trying to have a debate, and you get all combative. Take a deep breath, its just two guys talking about a game.

Games can absolutely be won and lost in the 2nd period. In the first sometimes too! That's why people talk about goals being a back breaker etc.

I remember one game in particular where my team was down by 3 goals after the first period to the best team in the league. We battled SO hard to come back, and late in the second, we managed to tie it 3 all.... then they came right back 2 seconds later and scored. That goal was a back breaker for us. It sucked all the energy out of us and totally got them going again. It wasn't our goalies fault - he played a solid game, but if he would have managed that one timely save... we could have won that game.

Once again, I'm not saying Roloson is bad, or played poorly. He has played very well for us since coming over (besides some tired play that is not his fault) What I am saying is that we needed him to make that save on Van's 3rd goal. Stortini tied the game up and inspired the crowd and the team. Roloson makes that save and it could be a whole different game.

Thats what top tier goaltending does. Especially when the team's confidence as a whole isn't high (the Oilers problem all year long IMO). Your goalie makes a few of those saves a la Luongo or Kipper, you win a couple of games you may not totally deserve and you start playing with a bit of confidence and all of the sudden go on a run.

That is all I'm saying.