HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Give me what I want Carbo! :)

Old
02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
AlexMeth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
Hilarious, the guy clears waivers and you want him on the first line of our team.....29 other teams don't even want the guy but the Habs should play him on the 1st. Makes perfect sense, why didn't Carbo think of this before?
Hey, Let's give Niniimaa a raise and put him on the first pairing with Traverse while we're at it
Amen to that...

Sorry but i'm not on the "Samsonov welcome back bandwagon".

AlexMeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 02:33 PM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
Hilarious, the guy clears waivers and you want him on the first line of our team.....29 other teams don't even want the guy but the Habs should play him on the 1st. Makes perfect sense, why didn't Carbo think of this before?
Hey, Let's give Niniimaa a raise and put him on the first pairing with Traverse while we're at it
Yup I do. Just because he has not performed well with certain players doesn't mean he's terrible. We all know the guy has speed and skills, he just has to make it all work. Why not try him in a situation where we can try and actually bring the best out of him instead of relegating him to a checking line?

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 02:36 PM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post
Because Streit made a name for himself for the last 52 something games and earned his spot while Sammy was invisible and practically useless.
You're right, Streit did make a name for himself and he has played hard - but if you think he's a top 3 forward you should go back to watching lawn bowling.

I don't believe Samsonov was ever used properly or given the chance to work with our best - and Carbo agrees with that as well.

Old
02-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomax View Post
Agreed. But I think that Begin's presence could be very useful on our PK (struggling badly as you must know). But I have to agree that Lapierre is playing well. Tough decision.
Begin was absolutely DREADFUL in the center position this season...I don't see him re-claiming that spot. He might take Streit's but he won't take Lapierre's.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 02:37 PM
AlexMeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
Yup I do. Just because he has not performed well with certain players doesn't mean he's terrible. We all know the guy has speed and skills, he just has to make it all work. Why not try him in a situation where we can try and actually bring the best out of him instead of relegating him to a checking line?
I just don't think this send the right message to the rest of the locker room.

Work hard = Earn your spot in the lineup + PP minutes
Ask for a trade (twice) = Earns you a spot on the 1st line?

Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Old
02-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Begin was absolutely DREADFUL in the center position this season...I don't see him re-claiming that spot. He might take Streit's but he won't take Lapierre's.
Definitely. Begin is an excellent energy guy as a winger. As a centre...

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 02:38 PM
keemo905

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Good...however.

Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Ryder
Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson
Bégin-Lapierre-Latendresse
Downey or Murray - no need for both

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Dandenault
Streit-Rivet
Bouillon/Niniimaa

The experiment with Streit as a forward has been fruitful but in the end, he's a defensman

That is a winner... I still don't get why we separated the 3rd line. We know that Plek and Higgins are great together and the french 4th line would bang and disturb the other team and score a few timely goals... Pretty nice. Having Kovalev with Koivu would please him and he would probably push harder. Hopefully Carbo reads this board.

Time to go back to winning.

keemo905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 02:40 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Here's mine:

Higgins-Koivu-Samsonov
Latendresse-Plekanec-Kovalev
Streit-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Lapierre-Ryder

Ryder doesn't deserve to play on the top two lines. I would try that lineup for Thursday.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Rockomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Well Carbo seems to like Streit too much for that. He'll probably bench perez on and on. He'll would put lats on the third line with johnson and bonk and give the last spot to Begin. Or he could scratch bouillon/Rivet to make room for streit, but I think that's pretty unlikely...

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 02:41 PM
AlexMeth

Quote:
You're right, Streit did make a name for himself and he has played hard - but if you think he's a top 3 forward you should go back to watching lawn bowling.
No i don't think Streit's top 3 material...Carbo tried something for 1 game and it worked, now let's get Streit back to his 4th line/2nd PP duties.

Leaves me thinking though... how good sammy would do at lawn bowling.

Old
02-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
Here's mine:

Higgins-Koivu-Samsonov
Latendresse-Plekanec-Kovalev
Streit-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Lapierre-Ryder

Ryder doesn't deserve to play on the top two lines. I would try that lineup for Thursday.
I would try;

Sammy - Koivu - Kovalev (few games)
Higgins - Plekanec - Perezhogin (Perezhogin needs these two imo)
Latendresse - Bonk - Johnson
Streit - Lapierre - Ryder

Carbo wouldn't go for that though... He doesn't see fond of Perezhogin and certainly wouldn't allow him to jump onto the 2nd line without first having a couple of great games.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 02:51 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Samsonov Koivu Kovalev
Higgins Plekanec Ryder
Perezhogin Bonk Johnson
Latendresse Begin Streit

'nough said.
DO IT. NOW.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 02:54 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I think Sammy and Higgins on the same line would be amazing.
Exactly

Kovalev Koivu Perezhogin
Higgins Plekanec Samsonov
Johnson Bonk Ryder(Latendresse Bonk Johnson)
Streit Lapierre Latendresse/Ryder

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 02:57 PM
BadHabit

Out of all the line combos we had, I thought the Perezhogin Bonk Johnson line was the best so I can't see splitting them up. Putting Begin on the wing is perfectly fine, as long as he is in the lineup.

As for sending the wrong message to your players, I think we are beyond that point in the season. We need results, and players don't like losing all the time - this is a decision to make the team better not an individual pat on the back. Besides, I don't think higgins or ryder have played well enough to be on the first line anyhow right now. I dont think either of them would mind being shuffled around, I think kovalev would be happy to be back on the first and so would samsonov.

Old
02-07-2007, 02:57 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Perezoghin sucks. I can't see how some of you guys want him on the first line. What did he proved to deserve a promotion? A big fat nothing. Koivu, Kovalev and Higgins should step up and do better.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 02:58 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post
Amen to that...

Sorry but i'm not on the "Samsonov welcome back bandwagon".
I think most of us are in the "Why the hell did Carbo scratch him while he was doing good" Bandwagon.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 03:00 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I think most of us are in the "Why the hell did Carbo scratch him while he was doing good" Bandwagon.
Personnally, I'm on the "Carbo did great because Samsonov his a stupid little whiner!" bandwaggon.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 03:00 PM
guest1467

How bout this,

Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Streit
Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson
Latendresse-Lapierre-Ryder

I think Streit would do a better job than Ryder, and he deserves it more too. Streit had an excellent game against the Canes' he just couldnt cash in. This lineup spreads the wealth pretty good. Even the fourth line could easily chip in a couple of goals.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 03:02 PM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
How bout this,

Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Streit
Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson
Latendresse-Lapierre-Ryder

I think Streit would do a better job than Ryder, and he deserves it more too. Streit had an excellent game against the Canes' he just couldnt cash in. This lineup spreads the wealth pretty good. Even the fourth line could easily chip in a couple of goals.
Sorry buddahsmoka1, go smoka another 1. Ryder is a 30 goal scorer and does not deserve to be put on the 4th line. He needs to play with the right people to produce, that has been proven time and time again. Placing him on the 4th is just wasting his abilities for someone like Streit who might work hard, but lacks the pure skill at this moment in his career to finish and put the puck in the net.

Old
02-07-2007, 03:09 PM
HABkings

I am sooooooo confused. Everybody was on the lest trade samsonov band wagon and now everyone wants him again? Some people even want him on the first line?? Dont get me wrong I dont think he was properly used in Montreal but montreal is a complecated place to play; Rookie Coach, hardest fans to please, much different playing style then any other team... with all these taking into consinderation I still am undecided if Sammy fits in here or not. I would really like to see him given another chance to have him on the top two lines but I also wouldnt mind seeing him traded. I didnt like the idea of putting him on waivers.

HABkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 03:10 PM
BadHabit

I was never on the let's trade samsonov bandwagon. I was on the "wow if he could ever get it going he would be great" bandwagon.

Old
02-07-2007, 03:11 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Sorry buddahsmoka1, go smoka another 1. Ryder is a 30 goal scorer and does not deserve to be put on the 4th line. He needs to play with the right people to produce, that has been proven time and time again. Placing him on the 4th is just wasting his abilities for someone like Streit who might work hard, but lacks the pure skill at this moment in his career to finish and put the puck in the net.
He needs to work a lot harder. Samsonov needs to play with the good players too. Ryder should go on the 4th line for a couple of games to see what other players can do and also to send him a message.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 03:14 PM
GoHabsGO252006

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABkings View Post
I am sooooooo confused. Everybody was on the lest trade samsonov band wagon and now everyone wants him again? Some people even want him on the first line?? Dont get me wrong I dont think he was properly used in Montreal but montreal is a complecated place to play; Rookie Coach, hardest fans to please, much different playing style then any other team... with all these taking into consinderation I still am undecided if Sammy fits in here or not. I would really like to see him given another chance to have him on the top two lines but I also wouldnt mind seeing him traded. I didnt like the idea of putting him on waivers.
The fact is we have him and can't get rid of him, so let's make the best of it and try and turn him into the player we thought we were signing. Furthermore, nothing else in our top 6 has worked other than Plex so mix and match and let's try and get some people going.

Plus I said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather have Samsonov at 3.5 than Ryder at 2.2.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I still don't like Sammy with Kovy so switch Higgins and Sammy. Rest is fine with me, and then you're totally right, especially after his injury but even healthy, Bégin should never play center again.

Having said that seems that at practice today it looked like:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Kovalev-Plekanec-Johnson
Sammy-Bonk-Lats
?-?-?

Me either...I was just replying to the poster who had those lines and I just tweaked them. Although the one shift Sammy/Koivu/Kovy played together gave me faint hope they might be able to click. Ultimately you've got to go with what works best and knowing this...

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perezhogin-Plekanec-Kovalev
Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson
Bégin-Lapierre-Latendresse

There are established duos on the team and the coach should stick with thoses and find a compliment to make it a trio

417 is offline   Reply With Quote