HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lecavalier

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2003, 05:26 AM
Flycoon*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed
Jesus! Bertuzzi, Morrison and Sopel ... who's first-born has to be packaged with Vinny?
That would be a fair return. Torts could put Bertuzzi on Cibak's wing with Roy on the other, Morrison could center Clymer and Dingman, and Sopel could alternate in the press box with Rumble.

Trading Lecavalier solves nothing.

Old
12-27-2003, 07:25 AM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon
That would be a fair return.
Appreciate the comedy, Fly, and agree with your conclusion. But just to clarify:

Bertuzzi alone would be fair return. Throwing in BOTH Morrison and Sopel is ridiculously overpaying for Vinny. Now, I understand that any team who wants to pry Vinny out of Tampa would have to overpay, but not by THAT much.

Also, Sopel would play here. He's better than Lukowich.

Old
12-27-2003, 07:49 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
Bertuzzi alone would be fair return. Throwing in BOTH Morrison and Sopel is ridiculously overpaying for Vinny.
Heck yes. Wow is that lopsided Lopsided the other way for once, but still!

Old
12-29-2003, 06:47 PM
aapbolt

change?

Trading Vinny is not going to solve the problems facing this team right now. They need to play 60 minutes of hockey and work hard around the net. They need to put the hit on people coming down the middle and along the boards and not play soft. Tonight, there was rarely anyone around the net against the ducks, most of the shots were from farther out. We need to bring in a couple of guys who can hit and stay in front of the net, a gritty forward and/or a d-man who can give us top 4 minutes. We have assets and a trade can and should be developed. Otherwise it may be time to change coaches, although I do not think little jay will do so during the season, unless it gets realy bad. Then, yes i guess Bill Barber steps in, although I was under the assumption that he did not want to coach again- yes I know those things change- But Larry Robinson is still available. I do think jay did the right thing backing Torts publically, but something is wrong and it does not appear that anyone is doing anything to right the ship. One thing that might shake people up is if Fedo and/or smirky were traded, that might wake some folks up and potentially bring in someone who comes to play every night.

Old
01-19-2004, 12:18 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed
Sorry, not even close. We're talking about a young FRANCHISE center at a reasonable price (read: ANY team, even Edmonton, can afford to make an offer). Vinny's value has only gone up since the days of the Bonk+Spezza+Salo offers of two seasons ago.
... Because he's finally entrenched himself as a consistent-ly whiny primadonna? Any team thinking about picking him up has to worry about his attitude, coddling him and whether Tampa's last 3 coaches were really the problem.
Will he ever produce consistently and lead a team? ... Who knows, but the clock is ticking and 24 ain't as young as it used to be in this league. Right now, he looks like Chris Gratton all over again (except that Gratton actually showed progress over his first 5 years).

Quote:
Don't mean to put you out, but Edmonton, like a lot of other teams in the NHL, doesn't have enough assets to acquire Vincent Lecavalier.
Gratton:
Chris Gratton and a 4th, 2004 for Daniel Briere and a 3rd, 2004.
Chris Gratton for Brian Holzinger, Wayne Primeau and Cory Sarich.
Chris Gratton and Mike Sillinger for Mikael Renberg and Daymond Langkow

I think just about any team in the league could put together a realistic package for Lecavalier. However, I suspect Tampa fans believe we're all still wearing the same rose-coloured glasses. Let me save you the embarrassment, after six years in the NHL most of us had taken them off long ago. Lecavalier's "potential" has already been turned into a NHL player and that player is a first line centre on a non-playoff team or a 2nd liner on playoff team.

Quote:
And a lot of folks may read this and interpret it as some sort of overrating or arrogance, but those folks can think what they will.
Do ya really think so? ... Nah, wouldn't happen.

Quote:
So, I'll back up Pete C. on this one - the only fair offers start with other big-name, young (25 and under), relatively affordable star players.
Fair enough, I'll start:

Hossa for Lecavalier, a 1st and Fedotenko
Kovalchuk for Lecavalier, Kubina and Svitov
Datsyuk for Lecavalier, Polushin and Henrich

And since his name was mentioned:
Bertuzzi for Lecavalier, Khabibulin and Modin.

Old
01-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary
... Because he's finally entrenched himself as a consistent-ly whiny primadonna? Any team thinking about picking him up has to worry about his attitude, coddling him and whether Tampa's last 3 coaches were really the problem.
Is there some reason you drag up a three week old thread to treat us to a bunch of misinformation?

"Consistently whiny"? "last 3 coaches"?

Old
01-19-2004, 01:49 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Is there some reason you drag up a three week old thread to treat us to a bunch of misinformation?

"Consistently whiny"? "last 3 coaches"?
I'm just bitter because I haven't had any faith in him for a couple of years now. But then he puts up a 78 point year and looks to be breaking through.
I listen to the hype for two seconds and end up with the lazy arce on my fantasy team. (and he's producing waiver wire stats)

The reality is that Thornton, Heatley, Kovalchuk, Spezza, Hossa, Havlat, Datsyuk, Nash, etc are all getting it done while Vinny is wasting his career away. I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that Crosby will put up a 70 put season before Lecavalier ever does again.

Old
01-19-2004, 03:16 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Sotnos, might be a good idea to close this thread before I go off on Mr. McCleary, who is McClearly trolling to get a rise out of us.

Old
01-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
Sotnos, might be a good idea to close this thread before I go off on Mr. McCleary, who is McClearly trolling to get a rise out of us.
I think that's probably a good idea, joe. I really hate old threads being dragged up anyway, it's annoying and usually only leads to arguments since people usually don't realize it's an old thread.

Closed Thread