HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Knicks are closer to the playoffs than the Rangers right now

Old
02-07-2007, 04:05 PM
dave4

vCash: 500
Knicks are closer to the playoffs than the Rangers right now

Who thought back in September we'd be saying that on February 7, 2007? Not me, the Knicks were a joke, and we were a team on the way up.

But the Knicks are a half game closer to the playoffs than the Rangers today, and have two teams to climb over, while we have three. And we have Boston right behind us, while the Knicks have a couple of games on Atlanta.

Sad state.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 04:08 PM
skidrangers

Apples to Oranges, the East and Atlantic in general is a joke in NBA. However, agreed Rangers struggles have left them in rough state. Maybe I am in denial, but I really hope your in better shape then the Knicks. This post looks good for Dolan, comparing whose worst.
ha

skidrangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 107
east in nba is a joke

especially the atlantic

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 04:12 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

NBA talk now?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 04:23 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidrangers View Post
Apples to Oranges, the East and Atlantic in general is a joke in NBA. However, agreed Rangers struggles have left them in rough state. Maybe I am in denial, but I really hope your in better shape then the Knicks. This post looks good for Dolan, comparing whose worst.
ha
agreed with apples and oranges however knicks have a lot of developing talent and if not for a cap or their financial restrictions they'd be in better shape than the rangers

curry, lee, crawford each have made major strides in development this year

qrich has improved, frye started off slow but is at where he was last season, same with stef although his performance has been better than last season (not the same old stef though, whether you see that as good or bad).. then there's balkman who has provided a lot for a little.. the rest have been garbage, james, jeffries, francis etc.. giant wastes of cap space.. robinson has regressed a bit but its not hurting the team

really as good as their improvements have been, it comes down to curry, if he continues to evolve into a dominant center they are in great shape

their major problem is defense then consistency

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:16 AM
In The Flesh

yea I think the first place team in the atlantic is below .500 at least it was.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:11 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
agreed with apples and oranges however knicks have a lot of developing talent and if not for a cap or their financial restrictions they'd be in better shape than the rangers

curry, lee, crawford each have made major strides in development this year

qrich has improved, frye started off slow but is at where he was last season, same with stef although his performance has been better than last season (not the same old stef though, whether you see that as good or bad).. then there's balkman who has provided a lot for a little.. the rest have been garbage, james, jeffries, francis etc.. giant wastes of cap space.. robinson has regressed a bit but its not hurting the team

really as good as their improvements have been, it comes down to curry, if he continues to evolve into a dominant center they are in great shape

their major problem is defense then consistency
Exactly. Rip the Knicks and Isiah all you want (and believe me, I have), but at least Isiah is willing to play young guys and they have paid big dividens.

But besides, you can't really compare the two. The Raptors are in first place in the Atlantic and just recently squeaked over .500 on the year (I think they are 3 games above now). The Devils are slightly better than that.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:30 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Who's closer to getting fired....Sather or Isiah?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote