HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Murray doesn't know how to do lines...

Old
02-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Buckleys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emo View Post
Heater- Spezza - Eaves
Vermette - Comrie - Alfredsson
Schaefer - Fisher - Neil
McCammond - Kelly - Schubert

This makes the most sense to me.
Pretty much the exact line up I was thinking, although I was debating swapping Neil with McAmmond to add a little more scoring touch and obviously putting Schubert and Neil on their natural wings.

That line up you posted would work for me as well.

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycountry View Post
I can't think of where else to put this, but I thought this was an interesting little blurb:

Aside from the PK, I still just don't see this. Am I the only one who thinks the pairing on that line is Comrie-Vermette, not Kelly-Vermette?
Murray's man-crush on Kelly shocks you?

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:09 PM
hockeycountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura_24 View Post
Murray's man-crush on Kelly shocks you?
Well, when you put it that way . . . no, not at all.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:10 PM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycountry View Post
I can't think of where else to put this, but I thought this was an interesting little blurb:

Aside from the PK, I still just don't see this. Am I the only one who thinks the pairing on that line is Comrie-Vermette, not Kelly-Vermette?
It's pretty clear that the real chemistry on that line is Vermette and Comrie.

But just as Murray referred to the top line as the "Kelly line" as long as he was up there, and because it is both next to impossible for him actually to say anything positive about Vermette, and equally difficult for him not to gush over Kelly, he can attribute the success of that line against the Habs to the presence of his beloved Chris Kelly.

This likely means that Neil wont be playing there which is just as well, but may also mean that Eavs,who really does play very well with Vermette and might fit in well, may not have a look there either.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:43 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Lol, well of course not. How could Murray know better than you guys?

Vermette and Comrie have had one game together and they got points. Its early for proclamations of a real chemistry. Kelly and Vermette have played together quite a while now. They have been our #1 pk unit at times, created many shorthanded goals. When Vermette was with Kelly on the 4th line Vermette put up 20 goals. He did so well in fact that everyone thought Vermette should get top line duty. Yet away from Kelly, Vermette doesn’t do as well.

Obviously its stupid Murray, not that Kelly helps Vermette when he is on a roll.

Kelly and Vermette are a well established duo with chemistry who click, are productive, defensively responsible, and offensively quick and dangerous and opportunistic. This should be a perfect spot for Comrie to flourish. If Comrie is as good as we hope, he will make that a 2nd line.

Downplay Kelly’s contribution at your own risk. You will all come around eventually.

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:13 PM
hockeycountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkwild View Post
Lol, well of course not. How could Murray know better than you guys?

Vermette and Comrie have had one game together and they got points. Its early for proclamations of a real chemistry. Kelly and Vermette have played together quite a while now. They have been our #1 pk unit at times, created many shorthanded goals. When Vermette was with Kelly on the 4th line Vermette put up 20 goals. He did so well in fact that everyone thought Vermette should get top line duty. Yet away from Kelly, Vermette doesn’t do as well.

Obviously its stupid Murray, not that Kelly helps Vermette when he is on a roll.

Kelly and Vermette are a well established duo with chemistry who click, are productive, defensively responsible, and offensively quick and dangerous and opportunistic. This should be a perfect spot for Comrie to flourish. If Comrie is as good as we hope, he will make that a 2nd line.

Downplay Kelly’s contribution at your own risk. You will all come around eventually.
To the bolded part: since when? Vermette didn't do well away from Kelly last year. This year, the bulk of his points have come playing somewhere other than with Kelly; they haven't been together very often. And I'm trying to think of who Vermette hasn't played with this year . . . if you count his PK time with Heatley, I think he's played with every forward, and hasn't looked out of place anywhere.

Secondly, this wasn't a jab at Kelly, and no one is downplaying his contribution, so do we really need to throw another pity party for him? He's certainly been more useful on that line than Neil. However, my point was that Vermette and Comrie have been together for a few games now (not one), and I thought they were gelling in spite of Neil dragging the line down. I also think their chemistry has improved steadily over the past couple of games. If there's a pair you look at keeping together going forward, I think it's them instead of Kelly-Vermette. That's all.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 05:24 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

I think Comrie Vermette look like a real good pairing going forward too. Hopefully they become a great pair. Kelly I'd think is more likely to move around on lines like a utility player.

First Kelly helps the Spezza Heater combo get going. Then he helps alfie heater become the top line in the league. Now he is helping Comrie Vermette get going. And as the coach says and as we've seen, Kelly Vermette have had great chemistry, working well together being productive as 4th line combo in the past. Now, with Comrie they make a dangerous, speedy, talented, defensively responsible scoring trio that if they are matched against slow d pairings, can give them fits. Thats all.

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote