HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lalime shuts out Canucks

Old
02-07-2007, 11:33 PM
senility

vCash: 500
Lalime shuts out Canucks

3-0 with 34 saves. Good for Patty. He's a first class guy, even if he's a second class goalie. He's certainly been through a lot since he left, and I'm happy to see him making the most of his opportunity.

senility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:34 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I've always liked Patrick Lalime, and even I was saddened when I knew his gig here was up.

Classy guy who was in between the pipes for many of our franchise's best and worst moments.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Savannah Skunk

Good for Lalime! Despite Lalime bashers, i always liked him. I really loved it when he literally beat Philly by himself in the five-game series. I hope he really does well and revives his career with Marty Havlat.

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Shabutie

I really hated the guy when he was with Ottawa, and I have no reason why. Well, actually it was probably because I thought his immitation of Andreas Bocelli during the canadian anthem was obnoxious (where he closed his eyes and tilted his head from side to side, with his beard and long hair).

Having said that, I thought he took alot of heat from the press and ottawa's fans. He was partially to blame (or entirely, if you're a sens fan) for the 03-04 playoff loss vs Toronto. Emery is certainly taking over quite nicely (as I thought he would) but I'm quite sure that any sens fan would take Lalime over Gerber at this time.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Fantastic thread!!!

Everyone knows I love him...I'm so glad that he got the shutout today. I hope he continues to play well, and keeps building his confidence.

I've just finished watching it on TVU. Nice to see Marty at the end with Patty give him a lengthy knock on the helmet.

He's the greatest, and did a lot for this team.

Patty

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Jennifer 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I've always liked Patrick Lalime, and even I was saddened when I knew his gig here was up.
I shed so many tears. I was so utterly heartbroken the way it finished for him here.

I just want to see him come back and have some success.

Old
02-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Air

Why is it eerie to see so many pieces of Ottawa spread across the league?

Chicago and Atlanta harbour key pieces of what we used to be. Washington is where we sent our rejects.

Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:48 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by senility View Post
3-0 with 34 saves. Good for Patty. He's a first class guy, even if he's a second class goalie. He's certainly been through a lot since he left, and I'm happy to see him making the most of his opportunity.
You could have shut out the canucks tonight.... trust me 34 shots no scoring chances. You're WAY better off with Emery and Gerber. Let me re-itterate, My DOG could have shutout the canucks...

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Jennifer 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopitsNaslundtime View Post
You could have shut out the canucks tonight.... trust me 34 shots no scoring chances. You're WAY better off with Emery and Gerber. Let me re-itterate, My DOG could have shutout the canucks...
Yes, of course. *rolls eyes*

A shut out is a shut out. Credit where it is due. Sore loser.

Old
02-07-2007, 11:51 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura_24 View Post
Yes, of course. *rolls eyes*

A shut out is a shut out. Credit where it is due. Sore loser.
You're missunderstanding me. I'm saying don't judge Lalime when he's playing a canucks team like this. Wait till he plays a real team.

Old
02-07-2007, 11:59 PM
senility

Who cares if he earned it. Nowhere did we say that we thought he was a great goale, just a phenomenal guy who gave his heart and soul to our team and we're happy to see him have another moment of glory in the NHL. If your dog had been publicly humiliated, traded to the worst team in the league, sent to the minors and then rotted there while battling through a string of career threatening injuries before finally showed signs of returning to his old self, I'd be happy for him too.

Old
02-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopitsNaslundtime View Post
You're missunderstanding me. I'm saying don't judge Lalime when he's playing a canucks team like this. Wait till he plays a real team.
Lalime has the ability to shut down any team. When he plays behind good defence, he can be a wall. Just ask the the other teams who played the Sens during their glory years. The problem with Lalime is that he is sometimes inconsistant. The only reason he left Ottawa was because of repeated failure to out-duel Cujo in the FOUR post-season Toronto-Ottawa series. Fans demanded some heads to roll. Unfortunately, one was Lalimes.

Lalime, if he can rejuvenate his career, could provide any team good goaltending. He definately is NHL calibre. As nyquil mentioned, he is a class act player, respectful, and extremely charitable towards the community. In terms of character, i think he is exemplary of what an NHL hockey player should be. I think the blackhawks are lucky to have him. He is a quiet leader in the dressing room and if his team doesn't completely abandon him, he can play with great intensity and steal games,

Old
02-08-2007, 12:01 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 2735
Will add fuel to the trade habby rumours out there

I wonder if it was true that Boucher was the back up tonight

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:
Who cares if he earned it. Nowhere did we say that we thought he was a great goale, just a phenomenal guy who gave his heart and soul to our team and we're happy to see him have another moment of glory in the NHL. If your dog had been publicly humiliated, traded to the worst team in the league, sent to the minors and then rotted there while battling through a string of career threatening injuries before finally showed signs of returning to his old self, I'd be happy for him too.
Nice. I'm still pissed off at how we treated Lalime. He never deserved to be kicked when he was down either.

Old
02-08-2007, 12:03 AM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah Skunk View Post
Lalime has the ability to shut down any team. When he plays behind good defence, he can be a wall. Just ask the the other teams who played the Sens during their glory years. The problem with Lalime is that he is sometimes inconsistant. The only reason he left Ottawa was because of repeated failure to out-duel Cujo in the FOUR post-season Toronto-Ottawa series. Fans demanded some heads to roll. Unfortunately, one was Lalimes.

Lalime, if he can rejuvenate his career, could provide any team good goaltending. He definately is NHL calibre. As nyquil mentioned, he is a class act player, respectful, and extremely charitable towards the community. In terms of character, i think he is exemplary of what an NHL hockey player should be. I think the blackhawks are lucky to have him. He is a quiet leader in the dressing room and if his team doesn't completely abandon him, he can play with great intensity and steal games,

You know what. I agree 100% with that, I remember watching Ottawa when Lalime was THE player over there. Just a total phenom. Back when Jose, Lalime, and Belfour were all just unbelievable. But just don't take tonights shutout as signs of him getting back to form. Tho he did play descent enough to stop the lame shots the canucks did get.

Old
02-08-2007, 12:04 AM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

next game he'll let in the first 5 shots you heard it here first

IdiotsPickedMyName* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:04 AM
senility

Boucher was indeed the backup.

Old
02-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardshift View Post
Will add fuel to the trade habby rumours out there

I wonder if it was true that Boucher was the back up tonight
Yes, Boucher backed up Lalime while the Bulin wall took the entire night off. It will be interesting to see how Chicago deals with having three NHL capable goaltenders. Im not sure who would keep, but with Nikolai Khabibulin's salary, i would suspect he may be the trade bait.

Old
02-08-2007, 12:09 AM
senility

Quote:
Yes, Boucher backed up Lalime while the Bulin wall took the entire night off. It will be interesting to see how Chicago deals with having three NHL capable goaltenders. Im not sure who would keep, but with Nikolai Khabibulin's salary, i would suspect he may be the trade bait.

You just know Jay Feaster would kill to have him back. The question is will he part with one of the big three to get him. If Tallon can somehow pry Richards away, you have to consider it a steal for the Hawks. If it's only Prospal plus, not so much.

Old
02-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbth View Post
next game he'll let in the first 5 shots you heard it here first
Hasek get's injured and Detroit trades for Lalime who wins a Stanley Cup with them. How do you like your crow?

Joking aside, he did very well on his conditioning stint in the AHL. He has a shutout on his 2006-2007 debut, things are looking good for him.

Old
02-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:

You just know Jay Feaster would kill to have him back. The question is will he part with one of the big three to get him. If Tallon can somehow pry Richards away, you have to consider it a steal for the Hawks. If it's only Prospal plus, not so much.
LOL, musical goalies between Tampa and Chicago. Worse... Lalime gets traded and stones us in the playoffs. Haha, poetic justice.

Last edited by Savannah Skunk: 02-08-2007 at 12:16 AM. Reason: wanted to add more
Old
02-08-2007, 12:19 AM
hockeycountry

Good for him! He's such a great guy; I really hope he can achieve some measure of success in the NHL again.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Jorge Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
... I'm quite sure that any sens fan would take Lalime over Gerber at this time.
Whoa, you're going a little far there. Yes, Lalime was a classy and likeable guy who had one great playoff series and a couple that were OK. But I don't think you fully grasp how bloody awful he was for his last season and a half here. At his worst, Gerber has never that bad.

Jorge Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:33 AM
YogiCanucks

I dunno. Cap room is an issue.

Old
02-08-2007, 12:35 AM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

Quote:
Hasek get's injured and Detroit trades for Lalime who wins a Stanley Cup with them.
Sitting on the bech watching Osgoode

IdiotsPickedMyName* is offline   Reply With Quote