HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2 Mathias Brunet's articles about Fischer and S.Kostitsyn

Old
02-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Le depisteur

vCash: 500
2 Mathias Brunet's articles about Fischer and S.Kostitsyn

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...128/CPSPORTS01

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...128/CPSPORTS01

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
"Je l'utilise même parfois à la défense lors des infériorités numériques parce qu'il est solide dans ses batailles pour la rondelle, de dire Gagner."

"Ses mises en échec me surprennent toujours. Il maîtrise parfaitement la mise en échec de la hanche et il l'utilise souvent quand il joue à la pointe lors des supériorités numériques. Parfois, un deux contre un se dessine pour l'adversaire et il réussit à pincer le joueur qui a la rondelle pour faire avorter le jeu."

"Et surtout, il n'a peur de rien ni de personne. Il n'a jamais craint de se faire frapper. C'est une qualité qui nous fait croire qu'il va réussir."

Translation (not the greatest at this):

-Sometimes play defense on the PK 'cause he's great at winning 1 on 1 battles.

-Always surprised by his bodychecks, mostly the hip checks that makes him succeed in breaking 2 on 1's when playing the PP.

- But mostly he's afraid of nobody. Never afraid of being hit. They think it's a quality that make them believe he'll succeed.

Not a definition of a soft player if you ask me....

Dave Gagner (assistant in London and ex-NHL player) also said in this article that he predicts a top 6 spot for Kosty Jr in the NHL. But still needs consistency but who doesn't at that young age anyway.

Great articles!

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Subban Fan

SK could be a huge huge steal... We have a very deep pool of prospects at forward position with guys like AK, Grabo, SK, Maxwell, White, Chip...I think we can afford to move one to improve our team this year...

Subban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1 View Post
SK could be a huge huge steal... We have a very deep pool of prospects at forward position with guys like AK, Grabo, SK, Maxwell, White, Chip...I think we can afford to move one to improve our team this year...
And try to draft more defensemen in the future...

Old
02-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1 View Post
If so, I know I won't be popular with this.....but I think I would move Chip. Don't see a lot of offensive potentiel in him, didn't see it at Juniors, still don't see it at the AHL level. Understand he's a rookie and all but to get something you have to give and that would be the risk I'd be taking, depending on who we could get anyway.

We have enough 3rd liners in the making, not enough 1st and 2nd. And Chipchura doesn't have the offensive ability nor the speed to ever work on the 1st 2 lines....mind you I always said Higgins wouldn't be able either so.....

Old
02-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If so, I know I won't be popular with this.....but I think I would move Chip. Don't see a lot of offensive potentiel in him, didn't see it at Juniors, still don't see it at the AHL level. Understand he's a rookie and all but to get something you have to give and that would be the risk I'd be taking, depending on who we could get anyway.

We have enough 3rd liners in the making, not enough 1st and 2nd. And Chipchura doesn't have the offensive ability nor the speed to ever work on the 1st 2 lines....mind you I always said Higgins wouldn't be able either so.....
Perezhogin could be also move... more than Chipchura, IMO...

Old
02-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Perezhogin could be also move... more than Chipchura, IMO...
Definately....but return should still be higher in Chipchura's case than Perez.

Old
02-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Definately....but return should still be higher in Chipchura's case than Perez.
Why not a package with both?

Old
02-08-2007, 09:51 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
The bablefish page translations are priceless lol.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:20 AM
NewHabsEra*

Brunet Rulezzz!!!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Boulette Cannon

Wow, great words for Kosty jr. Glad to see he's a dominant player. Can't wait to see him in action in the NHL!

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGGINS! View Post
Wow, great words for Kosty jr. Glad to see he's a dominant player. Can't wait to see him in action in the NHL!
The greatest thing about him is that tons of people thought he would never repeat what he did last year with this all-star lineup they had. Fortunately, they do have the Kane-Gagner duo but then with plays that I've seen on the London site, he's making them look better too.

And words from your coach, the way he's expressing it, makes me think a great deal out of him.

Old
02-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Talent Analyst

I really hope that he'll be in Hamilton roster next year .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:09 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:

I've been saying that since a while...

ChemiseBleuHonnete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:40 PM
FTowwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGGINS! View Post
he does dominate in the OHL. I watch him play atleast once every weekend, and can he ever dominate the offensive zone. So strong on his skates, cuts to the net real well, good release, he even hits! he could end up being a 2nd liner for us in the future

FTowwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:58 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:

I understand where you're coming from, but I think Chips is one of our untouchables. But I am biased when it comes to those type of players. He is just so smart on the ice and no he's not the fastest, but he's not slow either, it's almost like Bonk. You win with character guys like that. I envision a future 3rd line of White - Chipchura - D'Agostini. Plus like you said, like Higgins, he might be able to produce in the NHL, there is a possibility Chips even turns into a 2nd line centre. You never know.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 06:41 PM
antidot

33 points in 12 games since the Juniors Champs !!!!

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote