HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question About Leighton

Old
02-08-2007, 08:53 AM
NathanFoley

vCash: 500
Question About Leighton

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but wasn't there an issue with Leighton's salary (around $97K) being too big to be considered 'two way', so he had to pass through waivers to join our parent squad? I mean that's how we acquired him, right? And that was the second time he was moved this season. Did we have to put him through re-entry waivers at some point? Or am I completely off?

On that same topic, at what point can Baumgartner come back up with out passing through re-entry waivers? Is it after Feb 27 or after the season?

NathanFoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:22 AM
iceman42

He was on a conditioning assignment, so they didnt have to put him on waivers.

iceman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:38 PM
phlocky

^^^

Yeah, abd I think he could only go on the 'conditioning' assignment for up to 7 days. There is a time limet to it. As for Baumgatner, I believe he would have to pass through reentry waivers if called up any time during the season. Thus, once the regular season is over - ie, they aren't getting paid any longer - we can recall him up until the next season begins. I'm not certain if next season he's assumed to start with our team on the first day of the season (for cap space calcs) and THEN we have to send him through waivers to the minors or if we can just have him assigned there from the start. I'm not certain about that part.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:05 PM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
^^^

Yeah, abd I think he could only go on the 'conditioning' assignment for up to 7 days. There is a time limet to it. As for Baumgatner, I believe he would have to pass through reentry waivers if called up any time during the season. Thus, once the regular season is over - ie, they aren't getting paid any longer - we can recall him up until the next season begins. I'm not certain if next season he's assumed to start with our team on the first day of the season (for cap space calcs) and THEN we have to send him through waivers to the minors or if we can just have him assigned there from the start. I'm not certain about that part.
After the season is over he can be returned to the Flyers without having to past through re-entry waivers.

iceman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
It was a stupid move sending Baumer down in the first place. They gave him what, 8 games to prove himself? Then again, with all the knowledge we have now of how this season would go, there's so many things we would have done differently 8 games into the season.

Blindside9711 is offline   Reply With Quote