HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR-LA Trade Rumor

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2003, 07:53 AM
L.I.RangerFan

vCash: 500
NYR-LA Trade Rumor

This was on Spectors and confirmed in the original article

KINGS AND RANGERS CONSIDERING A DEAL?

THE UNION LEADER AND NEW HAMPSHIRE SUNDAY NEWS: Kevin Provencher reports "the most scouts ever" took in a recent home game of the AHL Manchester Monarchs and the Hartford Wolfpack, leading to speculation a trade may be brewing between the LA Kings and NY Rangers. The Kings are believed seeking "a big, strong top-six scorer".

Spector's Note: My thanks to regular contributor "Word" for this one. With Adam Deadmarsh sidelined indefinitely the Kings might indeed be in the market for such a player. Perhaps this might mean they're seeking a Rangers prospect as part of the deal? Or maybe there's just a minor league swap planned?

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

http://www.theunionleader.com/articl...?article=29845

If the Kings are looking for "a big, strong top-six scorer", why would this be true -"Perhaps this might mean they're seeking a Rangers prospect as part of the deal?" Might it not be the other way around? If this comment is true, who on the Kings would qualify for the return of a prospect and "a big, strong top-six scorer".

Or is this just the prelude to a minor deal as stated?

Any ideas, comments?

Carter for ???
Carter and Poti for ?????

Old
12-06-2003, 09:56 AM
BLACKBURN

Carter for Richard Petiot + Eric Belanger ?

IMO Carter has lost a lot of his trade value. With L.A. wanting a top 6 forward and not having the deph to move any of their defenceman, I cant think of a reasonable offer other than that of the offer above.

Old
12-06-2003, 02:09 PM
LondonFan

They just got Straka, not sure if they're still looking for more trades just at the moment. We might as well send them Lindros though, his injury proneness would fit right in there!

Seriously though, I dont see the two teams as good trading partners. What the Kings are looking for is what the Rangers want to hold on to. They could be looking for a centre, but with Stumpel already there I doubt they'd go for Nedved. They're pretty set on LW, could do with a RW but who would we give up? Carter? Trade value = 0. Lundmark? They have enough prospects/projects. Kovalev? Would Sather trade him?

Nope, just dont see it happening.

Old
12-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFan
They just got Straka, not sure if they're still looking for more trades just at the moment. We might as well send them Lindros though, his injury proneness would fit right in there!

Seriously though, I dont see the two teams as good trading partners. What the Kings are looking for is what the Rangers want to hold on to. They could be looking for a centre, but with Stumpel already there I doubt they'd go for Nedved. They're pretty set on LW, could do with a RW but who would we give up? Carter? Trade value = 0. Lundmark? They have enough prospects/projects. Kovalev? Would Sather trade him?

Nope, just dont see it happening.
Carter isn't playing his best hockey right now (altho he's improved lately) but dont kid yourself. His Trade value isn't zero.

Old
12-06-2003, 11:30 PM
LondonFan

I just don't see what the Kings would give up, to get Carter, that we would possibly want.

Old
12-07-2003, 03:02 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFan
I just don't see what the Kings would give up, to get Carter, that we would possibly want.
Norström!

Old
12-07-2003, 07:45 AM
LondonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
Norström!

Old
12-07-2003, 06:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
Norström!
Never happen.

Old
12-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Never happen.
Really???? You think????

Old
12-07-2003, 11:16 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

one rumor said carter for modry but i say modry is too old. i'd want a longer term investment.

(option 1) dustin brown
(option 2) denis grebeshkov
(option 3) aaron miller + petr kanko

for

carter + purinton

i'd prefer brown, an ithaca boy! he'd make some room for the czechs. grebeshkov is their best young dman but got injured so tim gleason got his spot instead. if we had miller, trading poti would be ever so easy to do!

Old
12-08-2003, 02:59 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8
one rumor said carter for modry but i say modry is too old. i'd want a longer term investment.

(option 1) dustin brown
(option 2) denis grebeshkov
(option 3) aaron miller + petr kanko

for

carter + purinton

i'd prefer brown, an ithaca boy! he'd make some room for the czechs. grebeshkov is their best young dman but got injured so tim gleason got his spot instead. if we had miller, trading poti would be ever so easy to do!
I LOVE your 3rd option.

Closed Thread