HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik Lundqvist

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Henrik Lundqvist

Whats with this guy? Is he ever soming over here? Iv'e heard great things about him, but it doesnt feel like we'll see him in a Ranger uniform. What's the deal here? Does he not wanna come? Does he want too much money? Is he overrated?

Old
12-06-2003, 11:32 PM
LondonFan

Dunham-Markanen-Blackburn.

Old
12-06-2003, 11:54 PM
riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Whats with this guy? Is he ever soming over here? Iv'e heard great things about him, but it doesnt feel like we'll see him in a Ranger uniform. What's the deal here? Does he not wanna come? Does he want too much money? Is he overrated?
If I told you that Henrik is a friend of former Ranger Johan Holmqvist and Johan told Henrik a few things about how the Rangers organization works, would I need to speculate any further ? :p

Old
12-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
If I told you that Henrik is a friend of former Ranger Johan Holmqvist and Johan told Henrik a few things about how the Rangers organization works, would I need to speculate any further ? :p
And isn't he a Smith-draftee?

Old
12-07-2003, 07:17 AM
Larry Melnyk

Lundqvist is only 21-22 years old, give him some time...He's playing in a great league (SEL) and against skilled competition....He kicked ass last year (under 2.00 GPA and a wicked Save Pct of over .930/.940) leading Frolunda to the Championship...His numbers aren't as good this year (but they are still damn good), but he's playing on a younger team...He's played every single game and he's still regarded as the best (or top 2) young Swedish goalie.....He's developing quite nicely where he is, let hjim be....And post lock-out, my bet is that he is the Ranger's goalie not Blackburn, who's development and technical game has been stalled the last two years...

Old
12-07-2003, 07:26 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Lundqvist is only 21-22 years old, give him some time...He's playing in a great league (SEL) and against skilled competition....He kicked ass last year (under 2.00 GPA and a wicked Save Pct of over .930/.940) leading Frolunda to the Championship...His numbers aren't as good this year (but they are still damn good), but he's playing on a younger team...He's played every single game and he's still regarded as the best (or top 2) young Swedish goalie.....He's developing quite nicely where he is, let hjim be....And post lock-out, my bet is that he is the Ranger's goalie not Blackburn, who's development and technical game has been stalled the last two years...
Honestly, I see him as a better option than Blackburn (I did last year two when I saw him, just kept my mouth shut since I didn't feel like getting blasted). He is more agile and, let's face it, his numbers are amazing. I know, I know... Numbers don't mean jack squat most of the time, but still. Lundqvist is an amazing goalie.

Old
12-07-2003, 07:39 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
Honestly, I see him as a better option than Blackburn (I did last year two when I saw him, just kept my mouth shut since I didn't feel like getting blasted). He is more agile and, let's face it, his numbers are amazing. I know, I know... Numbers don't mean jack squat most of the time, but still. Lundqvist is an amazing goalie.
He's my favorite prospect, too bad there's not that much coverage on him. He's dominating against great competition at the age of 22 so I would not be surprised to see him between the pipes instead of Blackie in 3 years or so.

Old
12-07-2003, 07:44 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
And isn't he a Smith-draftee?
no he was drafted by sather

Old
12-07-2003, 07:46 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Blackburn's still a kid and unfortunately his injury has knocked him out this year.

I think it rather unfair to assume he would hot have made great progress playing with Hartford this year.

Old
12-07-2003, 07:47 AM
NYR469

lundqvist came over for the prospect camp in calgary so that proves that he is interested in coming over...

the plan, as it was laid out last summer, was to leave lundqvist in sweden 1 more year while blackburn was the #1 goalie in hartford. then next summer, get lundqvist signed and make him the #1 goalie in hartford next year (with blackburn moving back up to ny)...

after blackburn's injury, this may change cause they would rather have both guys as #1s on their respective clubs rather than splitting time, but there is a better than 60/40 chance that lundqvist will be signed next summer (or whenever the lockout ends)

Old
12-07-2003, 11:05 AM
Barnaby

Is he a Rockstrom pick? It sounds like it. He sounds like he could be a real diamond in the rough.

Old
12-07-2003, 04:34 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Is he a Rockstrom pick? It sounds like it. He sounds like he could be a real diamond in the rough.
Yes he was a Rockstrom pick along with Holmqvist and Asplund. What's funny is out of all three Lundqvist was drafted the latest: 7th round, 205th overall.

Old
12-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
Yes he was a Rockstrom pick along with Holmqvist and Asplund. What's funny is out of all three Lundqvist was drafted the latest: 7th round, 205th overall.
I think Asplund was a horrible pick that year... =/

Old
12-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Barnaby

How did he look in the development camp? You keep hearing about the guys we know like Blackburn and Tyutin and how they looked there. This guy impress anyone?

Old
12-07-2003, 10:51 PM
Edge

Quote:
How did he look in the development camp? You keep hearing about the guys we know like Blackburn and Tyutin and how they looked there. This guy impress anyone?
he looked good but like a lot of young european goalies he needs to work on two things.

A. He didn't play his angles great, that doesn't mean that can't be changed. it's more an error in judgement then a game hindering flaw {though Johan never really did get over it while in the rangers system and from what i've heard, not much has changed over in minnesota.

B. He needs to work on his side to side a little. i mean its hard because we got spoiled by richter but like blackburn, labarbera, etc. he just doesnt move post to post fast enough.

Closed Thread