HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official GDT February 9: NY Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:00p MSG

Old
02-09-2007, 10:26 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
I just saw the video of the Hollweg "knee"....c'on guys who were talking about a suspension. Campbell is going to laugh at the fact he was given a major to begin with.

He is not getting any sort of suspension..even if he is Ryan Hollweg.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:26 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
2nd best game of the year after the Caps game....and guess who we play tomorow? Hopefully tomorow is an old-time hockey game with a huge win for NYR!

Lundqvist should play tomorrow. Play Weekes vs the Canes on Thursday

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

is it me or does colton orr all of a sudden look like eric cairns with that goatee????? man, talk about deja vu.......

Capitain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:30 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour View Post
And Ranger fans don't love tough hockey.....(they cheered as loud for the fight as they did on the goals) A little heart and guts can take you a long way....
Amazing...really is. Guess how many fights there were combined in our best 2 games? 5. The crowd was loudest during the fights. Did you hear the place after Orr's fight? I tell ya...it can make a difference!

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Witter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post
who did hollweg fight?
Ryan Craig

Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:38 PM
RedLightDistrict

You've GOT to be kidding me... the one game all year i missed on TV....LOL

Im definately staying up to watch Rangers in 60

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Larry Melnyk

Love the way a game like this can change the mood around here, if only for a little while..ANd it's games like this and the potential for this team to be good (Renney willing) why I don't want to give up on the season...

ANyway, feel so good for my man Hollweg...He needed that bad...And forget the goal, he almost outhit the entire TB team all by himself.....

And Iwould be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to my other main man, Colton Orr....Good game...

I love Avery already and the lines, WWITHOUT KROG, worked out fpretty damn well...

Not gonna overanalyze, just enjoy...

As for tomorrow night, no way in hell should Holly be suspended....And if Renney inserts either of Krog or Dupuis, for Orr or Hollweg, he should be strung up by his balls.....

Those two deserve one more game after the perfomance tonight and benching either one would send a crappy message...All that being said, I could easily see Renney over-analyzing and coming out with a 20 minute spiel on why Dupuis needs to play instead of Holly....But I'll wait till tomorrow to get pissed...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:41 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I think Betts ought to sit. He was the only guy I didn't really notice for us tonight.
Why would you sit anyone? Where would Hall be tomorow? In the press box. That's where Dupuis will have to start...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:45 PM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
nevermind playing weekes.. there's 4 full days between games, henrik should be playing as many games as possible down the stretch here.. no reason to throw him off his game which seems to be coming back to full form of late..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:48 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbunny1024 View Post
You've GOT to be kidding me... the one game all year i missed on TV....LOL

Im definately staying up to watch Rangers in 60
It means you are bad luck. Please don't watch anymore games. Thanks.

Old
02-09-2007, 10:50 PM
RedLightDistrict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
It means you are bad luck. Please don't watch anymore games. Thanks.

Noted

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:52 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Why would you sit anyone? Where would Hall be tomorow? In the press box. That's where Dupuis will have to start...
I wouldn't sit Betts. I'm with you on keeping things as they are. But if I HAD to bench someone for Dupuis, it'd be Bettsky.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:53 PM
nickrOck

in my opinion the only player that played a poor game was malik.. a few pretty questionable decisions with the puck in his own end.. also i was'nt happy with the few misques we had as a team getting the puck out of our own end.. but overall we played a full 60 minutes using all 4 lines and all 4 lines contributed which we have'nt had very often.. also cullen looked very good to me on the point on the pp, keep him there.. and great to see prucha on the 1st pp unit finally.!

btw it was nice to see orr get the 2nd star, outside of his goal i think this was his best game as a ranger.. he must of felt great skating out there as the 2nd star he took a long lap around..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

I watched the game and I thoroughly enjoyed it, very entertaining.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
I just saw the video of the Hollweg "knee"....c'on guys who were talking about a suspension. Campbell is going to laugh at the fact he was given a major to begin with.

He is not getting any sort of suspension..even if he is Ryan Hollweg.
I think a major is fair, but a suspension would be a little much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR
why start Weekes after 4 days rest? I would start him against either Philly or Chicago though.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:16 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

THANK YOU

that is all

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Speedtrials

Didn't get to see the game because of a family emergency. However, I saw the highlights and was impressed. Marcel Hossa really seems to be turning into a legitmate hockey player. Anyway I think if we can win tommorow night, this team really has a chance to build upon something.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:24 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrials View Post
Didn't get to see the game because of a family emergency. However, I saw the highlights and was impressed. Marcel Hossa really seems to be turning into a legitmate hockey player. Anyway I think if we can win tommorow night, this team really has a chance to build upon something.

Hope everything is alright Speed.

Yea, tomorrow will be very telling..if we can play tomorrow night like we played tonight..then it might me a sneak peak of the rest of the season and a hopeful shot of the playoffs.

Old
02-09-2007, 11:27 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrOck View Post
in my opinion the only player that played a poor game was malik.. a few pretty questionable decisions with the puck in his own end..
Funny how the Rangers lost the games he missed while on IR. Then he comes back and the Rangers win.

I am not sayin nuthin. I am just sayin.

02-09-2007, 11:30 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Amazing...really is. Guess how many fights there were combined in our best 2 games? 5. The crowd was loudest during the fights. Did you hear the place after Orr's fight? I tell ya...it can make a difference!
whats our record when we have a fight in a game???? The Rangers should play this gritty and tough every game, not once a month. Hopefully with Avery and Dupuis we got more gritty with speed. I wonder why though Sather would take a chance on a ufa, maybe he has plans to resign him?? I hope he dont become like Sykora and bolt.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:31 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Ive also blasted Hossa a lot, he gets props though for the way he played. orr, Hossa and Hollweg should play tomorrow against the Caps, I guess Dupuis sits tomorrow but then plays right after that.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:34 PM
FLYLine24*

Speaking of Hossa..

In my section there was some guy booing Hossa and yelling "get off the ice hossa!!" BUT....everyone around him yelled back "HOSSA has been great!", "Hossa been one of the better players!"

It was great, then the guy started chanted "HOssa Sucks!" and people around then responded with a "HO-SSA!, HO-SSA!" chant....it was nice to see people seeing he's doing a good job and playing well.

I hope Renney continues to give him a lot of icetime with quality players...hes looking like that 2nd liner we all hoped for.....

Old
02-09-2007, 11:35 PM
boredmale

I think this is the first time i cheered for you guys to win this year that you didn't lose in OT(which usually is the worst case scenerio). great game hopefully it kills some confedence in the Lightning and they go on a skid.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:37 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Speaking of Hossa..

In my section there was some guy booing Hossa and yelling "get off the ice hossa!!" BUT....everyone around him yelled back "HOSSA has been great!", "Hossa been one of the better players!"

It was great, then the guy started chanted "HOssa Sucks!" and people around then responded with a "HO-SSA!, HO-SSA!" chant....it was nice to see people seeing he's doing a good job and playing well.

I hope Renney continues to give him a lot of icetime with quality players...hes looking like that 2nd liner we all hoped for.....
That was probably donutboy! I notice the absence of his "the Rangers have garbage and Jagr is stupid threads"...........looking forward to his ripping of the team for not scoring more!
" Hossa is garbage"......." Hollweg blows"------donutboy 2/09/07

Last edited by bleedrngrblue: 02-09-2007 at 11:47 PM.
bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Block More Shots

I'd bench Orr in favor of Dupuis. Let's be honest...he scored a goal tonight but he won't be effective on a nightly basis. Taking him out of the lineup and adding Dupuis would be the right thing to do.

And I think Lundqvist should get the start in Washington AND Carolina. Both are big games, we should have our starter in. Carolina's game is huge so I'd definitely want Lundqvist in. It'd be nice to catch up to TB but let's remember, Carolina is a big target too. We've got two games in hand on them AND we face them two more times this season. We can close the gap on them by winning both games against them and the two games in hand.

A solid, complete effort by the Rangers tonight. They need to come out firing tomorrow night and get on the board quickly. Play with a sense of urgency is a good thing for this team right now.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote