HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Trade PROPOSAL thread

Old
02-09-2007, 12:15 PM
GarretJoseph*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
No way I'd trade Staal for Horton straight up. Look at the forwards this team will have to go up against for years. It's going to be a nightmare unless you have a heck of a defenseman core which I believe we will have.

Another possible deal to throw out along with my Betts and Rosival deals.

Rachunek and Immonen to Atlanta for a 2nd round pick. Atlanta probably can use another defenseman and a center. This would clear up another roster spot and allow Immonen to get a chance on another team.
I don't think any Ranger fan would trade Staal for Horton.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

I think they should trade Adam Hall for Pascal Dupuis....just a thought...it might help the penalty kill.

Capitain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:48 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Midnight View Post
I think they should trade Adam Hall for Pascal Dupuis....just a thought...it might help the penalty kill.

JOrts aka the new 'P_DupuisNYR', will be in this thread soon enough trying to give up Immonen + Malik for Brad Richards and the like..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:59 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Adam Hall and Immonen to the Hawks for Jim Vandermeer and Colin Fraser
lots of people just took this thread and starting posting a lot of crazy ideas. Like are we realistically gonna trade Jagr (who costs us a reasonable amount but would cost (cap) another team a lot) and Shanahan (who took less money to come here)? Jorts actually proposes a normal trade? What am I in? Bizzarro world?

Vandermeer and Hall are probably equal value but right now. Problem being, we have too many defensemen ATM and releasing one outright isn't realistic nor is it good asset management (unless it's Ozo). I think Immonen > Fraser. looking at stats (yeah, i know), Jarkko has a better point per game (0.65) than Fraser (0.56). I wouldn't trade Immonen for the sake of Immonen even though he's fallen behind on the depth charts behind Dubinsky (who also has lower PpG)

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I would rather keep Prucha.

Montoya, Dawes, Sauer & 3rd for Horton
talk about overpayment. PASS.

Old
02-09-2007, 10:54 PM
GOMEZ+DRURY*

the Rangers should sign the following players....

-Chris Drury
-Michael Cammalleri
-Eric Brewer

get rid of malik, ozolinsh (once and for all), orr, and kaspar

GOMEZ+DRURY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:37 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Alright, with that being said

To LA: Jari Kurri, Marty McSorley, Shane Churla

To NYR: Ray Ferraro, Mattias Norstrom, Ian Laperriere, Nathan Lafayette, Steve Larouche (The Draft Pick)

and...

To Pitt: Luc Robitaille, Ulf Samuelsson

To NYR: Sergei Zubov (screw Nedved)

On a more serious note...

I have a suggestion, rather than a proposal, but I think the Rangers should gauge what it would take to get Adam Foote. If they're looking to get defensive help, Foote might come cheap, being that he's got a high salary, and is older. Still a defenseman that I'd love to have though, one of the best shutdown defenders in the league.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:39 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by immonen4mvp View Post

-Chris Drury
-Michael Cammalleri
-Eric Brewer

I like Drury, but the Rangers should kick the Devils in the pants and sign Gomez, or at least drive the market value for him skyhigh so the Devils will have even more cap troubles. Brewer wouldn't be a bad option if they lose out in the Brad Stuart sweepstakes. You know they're going to go after one of the two defenders.

Old
02-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

Anyone who wouldn't trade Staal for Horton is brain dead.

Evil Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:59 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather View Post
Who says Florida is trading Horton?

I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening, if I were you. I don't see a reason for Florida to trade a 21 year old power forward with a world of potential that just wants some damn ice time, and is on pace to put up career bests in assists and points, could possibly match his career best in goals.

Old
02-10-2007, 01:57 AM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Alright, with that being said

To LA: Jari Kurri, Marty McSorley, Shane Churla

To NYR: Ray Ferraro, Mattias Norstrom, Ian Laperriere, Nathan Lafayette, Steve Larouche (The Draft Pick)

and...

To Pitt: Luc Robitaille, Ulf Samuelsson

To NYR: Sergei Zubov (screw Nedved)

On a more serious note...

I have a suggestion, rather than a proposal, but I think the Rangers should gauge what it would take to get Adam Foote. If they're looking to get defensive help, Foote might come cheap, being that he's got a high salary, and is older. Still a defenseman that I'd love to have though, one of the best shutdown defenders in the league.
I'm going to have nightmares tonight, thinking about that trade before I go to sleep.

Well so far Sather's deals have looked pretty OK on paper, and at least the first one has worked out thus far in actuality.

Is Malik next?

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:06 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather View Post
Sign me up for a labotomy then. Our team is seriously lacking in top defensemen and another one won't just land in our laps. And while we're in serious need of a center, Horton hasn't shown he's a 1A center. Right now he's a 1B-2A. I'm not saying he won't be a 1A but due to the rarity of top defensemen and our current D situation, he's untouchable in my books (unless you are trying to get Crosby, but we can just include Sather's left nut instead of Staal). There are some good option in the UFA market for our 2nd center problem. Chris Drury!!!

Old
02-10-2007, 03:18 AM
dynamoovechkin

Prucha and Betts to San Jose for Michalek
Immonen and a pick to Phoenix for Michalek

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:41 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
I don't think either of those teams would deal those two players.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:59 AM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
My god no for way too many reasons haha.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:42 AM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Sign me up for a labotomy then. Our team is seriously lacking in top defensemen and another one won't just land in our laps. And while we're in serious need of a center, Horton hasn't shown he's a 1A center. Right now he's a 1B-2A. I'm not saying he won't be a 1A but due to the rarity of top defensemen and our current D situation, he's untouchable in my books (unless you are trying to get Crosby, but we can just include Sather's left nut instead of Staal). There are some good option in the UFA market for our 2nd center problem. Chris Drury!!!
I'm with you. If the first two Staal's to make it to the NHL are any indication, these kids are something special. Any kid who grew up keeping the other two from scoring is probably pretty decent at it. Staal was dominant defensively from all the accounts I heard of at the WJC. Horton is a power forward, which IMO, may very well become a dead term in the NHL. If Brian Gionta can stand in front and score 40+, how "power" do you need to be? Defensemen, QUALITY defensemen, are always a prized commodity. That will never change. Look at Dion Phaneuf... Do you think the Flames would have been better off had they dealt him in exchange for some piece somewhere along the line? No way. Keep Staal. IMO, he's the primary asset that this team has right now, #1 on the untouchable list. I might be wrong, but I'll bet that I'm not.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Prucha25Graves988*

I like horton, but dont see Staal getting moved for him. I dont agree with that at all.

Top pairing D-Men are very hard to come by as , Both staals ( Jordan and eric )are looking to be superstars, and there is a nother one coming up. Its in the blood this kid will be a great D-man for along time with NYTR I feel.So he goes no where.

Now if Horton comes up in a deal and it iincludes ( not every player there but if ta couple of them have to go then good ****ing bye ) players like Montoya, Dubinsky,Callahan,Dawes,Baranka,Immonen,Jessiman etc...

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 11:51 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
If Staal is the required component to land Horton there is no way I even consider it. Defenseman >>>> Forwards.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 12:05 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
If Staal is the required component to land Horton there is no way I even consider it. Defenseman >>>> Forwards.
but you will trade montoya plus something else for him ..... say callahan?

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 12:07 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Agreed

Trade for Horton - maybe? But not using Staal.

But IŽd rather sign Datsyuk, Drury, Briere or Gionta which are all proven UFA center:s heading into 10 years of prime time. And choose a cheaper center solution now (Smolinski?) + a proven defenseman (Brewer) - if one still believes in this year. Which I do. Throw some kids, extras and picks in for attaining this. It would not totally hurt a rebuild - just stay away from Staal and a few other untouchables please!
And one solid #1 defender is a necessity on this team for the next 5 years. Which just is not there now. Get him - if possible.

Just my opinion though

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 12:21 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
but you will trade montoya plus something else for him ..... say callahan?
Montoya and Callahan for Horton + pick maybe, but I doubt it since Callahan is having an amazing season. They won't likely want to trade him off to Florida.

But I'd try and work around throwing in another player instead. Not sure who Florida would covert, perhaps they'd be seeking a defensive prospect like Sauer.

Montoya, Sauer for Horton, Pick

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 12:24 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Montoya and Callahan for Horton + pick maybe, but I doubt it since Callahan is having an amazing season. They won't likely want to trade him off to Florida.

But I'd try and work around throwing in another player instead. Not sure who Florida would covert, perhaps they'd be seeking a defensive prospect like Sauer.

Montoya, Sauer for Horton, Pick
I can't give up Sauer. He is almost as important, IMO, as Staal. I'll give up Baranka, but not Sauer.

Besides, I think it'll end up being Montoya/Prucha, plus a lesser prospect for Horton.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM
gaels22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
I like Drury, but the Rangers should kick the Devils in the pants and sign Gomez, or at least drive the market value for him skyhigh so the Devils will have even more cap troubles. Brewer wouldn't be a bad option if they lose out in the Brad Stuart sweepstakes. You know they're going to go after one of the two defenders.
i hate the devils, hate its players, but I love the way gomez plays. extremely fast, can take it end to end, we have to sign him in the off season

gaels22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:54 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Pock/Immonen/Lampman for Boynton

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:58 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by immonen4mvp View Post

-Chris Drury
-Michael Cammalleri
-Eric Brewer

As everyone knows by now, I'm definately up for signing Cammy, as he is IMO the most underrated player in the NHL. I'd rather sign Briere than Drury though, as I don't think Drury is going to replicate this season again, and I'd rather have Briere than Gomez. Signing Gomez just to screw the Devils will probably just end up screwing us more...a la Bobby Holik. As for Eric Brewer, I'm not sure, it depends on the price...I'm all for dropping Malik, Ozo and Kaspar though...not sure about Orr just yet, he COULD play a nice role on the 4th line. Especially since he's beeming with offensive potential lately

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote