HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Trade PROPOSAL thread

Old
02-11-2007, 09:28 PM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
As everyone knows by now, I'm definately up for signing Cammy, as he is IMO the most underrated player in the NHL. I'd rather sign Briere than Drury though, as I don't think Drury is going to replicate this season again, and I'd rather have Briere than Gomez. Signing Gomez just to screw the Devils will probably just end up screwing us more...a la Bobby Holik. As for Eric Brewer, I'm not sure, it depends on the price...I'm all for dropping Malik, Ozo and Kaspar though...not sure about Orr just yet, he COULD play a nice role on the 4th line. Especially since he's beeming with offensive potential lately
I don't know where that post went by Immonen4mvp went but Cammallari is not a UFA. Maybe he is an RFA, but I don't know. There is no way the Kings let him walk.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Believe Me

Petr Prucha and Thomas Pock for a bag of used pucks.

Believe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:34 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believe Me View Post
Petr Prucha and Thomas Pock for a bag of used pucks.
Where'd that come from? You must be Renney!

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
McNasty

Damn i was going to offer you Mike York but frankly youd be better off taking the bag of pucks....

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:39 PM
SML

Why do people think that these players from the Devils are all in a rush to sign with us and screw the Devils over. Those guys have all signed onto the good ship Lou. They consistently take less money to stay there. They sacrifice personal stats to play in a winning system. EVERY last one of them that has left NJ to sign with us has been a disaster. Every one. In order to get one of them to come here, we have to overpay. It's not worth it. Forget Gomez. Go with Briere or Drury.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:53 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I don't know where that post went by Immonen4mvp went but Cammallari is not a UFA. Maybe he is an RFA, but I don't know. There is no way the Kings let him walk.
Yes you're correct, Cammy is an RFA...

Anyway, I posted on the Kings board asking what they would want for Cammalleri, and one poster suggested Staal and Hollweg for him.
Now, I am not ready to part with Staal by any means, and I'm guessing most of you aren't either, but was curious to see what everyone else though of that proposal, and what a counter could be. Would we be willing to trade one of Baranka, Sanguinetti or Sauer? Anyway, thoughts?

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:56 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Yes you're correct, Cammy is an RFA...

Anyway, I posted on the Kings board asking what they would want for Cammalleri, and one poster suggested Staal and Hollweg for him.
Now, I am not ready to part with Staal by any means, and I'm guessing most of you aren't either, but was curious to see what everyone else though of that proposal, and what a counter could be. Would we be willing to trade one of Baranka, Sanguinetti or Sauer? Anyway, thoughts?
I don't think I would give up Staal, but any of the other Rangers D-prospects I def. would. Cammalleri is nasty, but not worthy of Staal imo.

Since the Rangers more than likely would not deal Staal, I think I would take Sanguinetti, Dawes, Hollweg (Since that one Kings poster you mentioned wanted to include him) and probably a decent pick could get you Cammallari (Though it probably would take more a bit more). I doubt the Kings would ever trade him though, just like the Rangers wouldn't trade Staal.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:03 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
I don't think I would give up Staal, but any of the other Rangers D-prospects I def. would. Cammalleri is nasty, but not worthy of Staal imo.

Since the Rangers more than likely would not deal Staal, I think I would take Sanguinetti, Dawes, Hollweg (Since that one Kings poster you mentioned wanted to include him) and probably a decent pick could get you Cammallari (Though it probably would take more a bit more). I doubt the Kings would ever trade him though, just like the Rangers wouldn't trade Staal.
Yeah I agree with that sentiment. I would be hesitant to add a 1st round pick to that package (Of one of the defenders, Hollweg and Dawes), and I know that the obligatory 2nd rounder is looked down upon, but I'm not sure what else could be added to make it a fair proposal. Sanguinetti is probably the best fit for the Kings, as many Kings fans feel that the team is probably 2-3 years away from making a playoff push, as that is when Bernier will be emerging, and it figures that Sanguinetti will probably be getting ready for the NHL around there too, so maybe he would lure some interest.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:10 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Yeah I agree with that sentiment. I would be hesitant to add a 1st round pick to that package (Of one of the defenders, Hollweg and Dawes), and I know that the obligatory 2nd rounder is looked down upon, but I'm not sure what else could be added to make it a fair proposal. Sanguinetti is probably the best fit for the Kings, as many Kings fans feel that the team is probably 2-3 years away from making a playoff push, as that is when Bernier will be emerging, and it figures that Sanguinetti will probably be getting ready for the NHL around there too, so maybe he would lure some interest.
Sanguinetti would def. get some interest from the Kings. He would be a good compliment to Jack Johnson on their first pairing a couple years down the road. Man do the Kings have a strong future: Jack Johnson, Bernier, O'Sullivan, Kopitar, Cammallari, Tukonen, Boyle, Pushkarev, Frolov, Brown all under 25

EDIT: Looking at their top young players/prospects they lack defensive depth which is a department the Rangers are pretty deep with Staal, Sanguinetti, Sauer, Tyutin, Baranka, Pock, and Girardi. The Kings are deep up front where the Rangers are thin (Top end talent wise). Could make pretty good trade partners somewhere down the road.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:18 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Quote:
Sanguinetti would def. get some interest from the Kings. He would be a good compliment to Jack Johnson on their first pairing a couple years down the road. Man do the Kings have a strong future: Jack Johnson, Bernier, O'Sullivan, Kopitar, Cammallari, Tukonen, Boyle, Pushkarev, Frolov, Brown all under 25

EDIT: Looking at their top young players/prospects they lack defensive depth which is a department the Rangers are pretty deep with Staal, Sanguinetti, Sauer, Tyutin, Baranka, Pock, and Girardi. The Kings are deep up front where the Rangers are thin (Top end talent wise). Could make pretty good trade partners somewhere down the road.
Yeah I agree that it seems the Kings and Rangers could be nice trade partners. However, I think the Kings fans feel that we don't have any defensive studs aside from Staal and Tyutin, and I doubt we'd want to trade those 2. Sanguinetti seems like he could be a good fit for the Kings, since they really lack in defensive depth.

Old
02-11-2007, 11:31 PM
ExplosionsintheGine

Quote:
He is RFA.

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 11:41 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers get: Mark Bell

Sharks get: Immonen and Betts

Bell can play centre and LW. He is better at centre. He is not doing great but his value is somewhat low. He can use a change.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 12:16 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post

Bell can play centre and LW. He is better at centre. He is not doing great but his value is somewhat low. He can use a change.
Because of Immonen's age, I don't think he has much value. Betts also has very little value. If Immonen was 22 instead of 25 I could see San Jose being interested but not right now, especially since they're gearing for a cup run. I can only see them trading for proven veterans, not a guy who hasn't made an NHL team out of camp, and a 3rd or 4th line center.
If the Rangers were to trade Shanny (which I'm not saying they should do) I could definately see the Sharks as a suitor since they don't have a ton of real veteran presence.

Old
02-12-2007, 12:25 AM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post

Isn't Bell a UFA in June anyway? I wouldn't trade prospects for a UFA unless he's proven.
It would be a shame if Immonen and Betts went away for someone that didn't bring much in his short stint here.

Last edited by lotus: 02-12-2007 at 12:33 AM.
lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:14 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
I'm going to have nightmares tonight, thinking about that trade before I go to sleep.

Well so far Sather's deals have looked pretty OK on paper, and at least the first one has worked out thus far in actuality.

Is Malik next?
Haha, sorry dude, but those trades STILL to this day piss me off. I remember the NYR/LA Deadline Blockbuster Debacle of 96 better than I do the Zubov trade.

So far, from the looks of it, Sather is trying to improve his bottom 6 instead of making a bigger deal to improve the top 6, and hopefully it works. I would rather see them do this in an attempt to make the playoffs. If they don't make it this way, I won't be as mad. If they were to give up the future for a guy like Forbserg, then he gets hurt, and we miss the playoffs, I'd be steaming. That's been my MO this year, and I've repeatedly posted that.

As for the last part... I hope so, my friend. Seeing Malik and his 2.5 million salary gone would be nice. He's out of shape compared to last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
Prucha and Betts to San Jose for Michalek
Immonen and a pick to Phoenix for Michalek
Michalek >>>>>>>>>>>>> Prucha.

I'm a Prucha fan, but Michalek is BY FAR the better play, and will be when it's all said and done. He's younger as well. The Sharks would laugh at that deal.

As for getting Zybenek(sp?), you'll have to start with at least Sauer or Sanguinetti. Immonen has little value right now, especially having a bad year in Hartford after not making the team out of camp, and being 25 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
If Staal is the required component to land Horton there is no way I even consider it. Defenseman >>>> Forwards.
Another great point, MU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaels22 View Post
i hate the devils, hate its players, but I love the way gomez plays. extremely fast, can take it end to end, we have to sign him in the off season
Exactly. I mean... how many times has he done that to us? Wouldn't it be nice to see him doing that FOR US for a change? On top of that, if Shanahan stays... could you imagine him centering Shanny and Pruchs?!? What a line that would be. It would be hell to defend against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Pock/Immonen/Lampman for Boynton
Come on, you've gotta be kidding TBBB. You know as well as anyone on this board that those players have little to no value right now. Phoenix won't trade Boynton right now, there's just no reason to, and they especially won't trade him for our crap.

Quote:
As everyone knows by now, I'm definately up for signing Cammy, as he is IMO the most underrated player in the NHL. I'd rather sign Briere than Drury though, as I don't think Drury is going to replicate this season again, and I'd rather have Briere than Gomez. Signing Gomez just to screw the Devils will probably just end up screwing us more...a la Bobby Holik. As for Eric Brewer, I'm not sure, it depends on the price...I'm all for dropping Malik, Ozo and Kaspar though...not sure about Orr just yet, he COULD play a nice role on the 4th line. Especially since he's beeming with offensive potential lately
Two things.

As for your statement about Briere, I was actually talking about it with a friend of mine who posts on the Isles board on here. He brought up Drury, and I said that this is a career year for him. He thinks he has the ability to be a 1st line center with the numbers he's put up this year. I basically said the same thing you said. I'm glad someone else sees this, because signing him for like $5 million a year to be our 2nd line center, and then him going back to his regular numbers would be ridiculous.

As for your response to my comment about Gomez... I really don't see how it could be like Bobby Holik. Bidding 9 million for Bobby Holik was the most stupid contract ever given out. I still can't believe we did that. Gomez is a guy with world-class playmaking skills, and was a point-per-game player last year on a Devils team whose offense was anemic. There is no doubt in my mind Gomez would be at least an 80-90 point player with this team, with the offensive weapons we have. Holik was just something we never should have done. I'd EASILY sign Gomez for 6 million. I'd sign Briere for that as well. 3 years though, nothing more than that.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:19 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
As for your response to my comment about Gomez... I really don't see how it could be like Bobby Holik. Bidding 9 million for Bobby Holik was the most stupid contract ever given out. I still can't believe we did that. Gomez is a guy with world-class playmaking skills, and was a point-per-game player last year on a Devils team whose offense was anemic. There is no doubt in my mind Gomez would be at least an 80-90 point player with this team, with the offensive weapons we have. Holik was just something we never should have done. I'd EASILY sign Gomez for 6 million. I'd sign Briere for that as well. 3 years though, nothing more than that.
I know what you're saying, I'm just warry of past history. I'd love Gomez, but I think that Briere is a better goal scorer, and when it's all said and done he will be the better player. Also, I think it'll be easier to sign Briere since NJ will everything in their power to keep Gomez from MSG.

Old
02-12-2007, 01:44 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
I know what you're saying, I'm just warry of past history. I'd love Gomez, but I think that Briere is a better goal scorer, and when it's all said and done he will be the better player. Also, I think it'll be easier to sign Briere since NJ will everything in their power to keep Gomez from MSG.
I agree with you on Briere, but for what you said about Gomez, I think that applies to Buffalo. They're going to sign Briere and let Drury go, if you ask me, and I'm very wary of signing Drury to a big contract after a career year during a contract year. A year that he will probably never duplicate. I'd rather just go for the throat with Gomez, and put the kill on the Devils. But knowing them, Parise and Zajac will just fill the void. I mean, if you look at it, they have two great young centers in those two. They could realistically let Gomez go, although I don't see it happening unless someone - like the Rangers for instance - comes in an puts forth a ridiculous offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Have you seen Nick Boynton post lockout at all? Phoenix would LOVE to move him (and his contract that goes through 08-09) for an even halfway decent return. The guy has completely fallen short of every expectation of him and the Coyotes have made no secret of issue with his play at times this season.

The Coyotes were streaking a month ago, but they've fallen back down to earth. The opening of the trade floodgates in Arizona is only days away.
The players that he offered have little to no value right now. If there was little more to it, maybe Girardi or Baranka, someone who actually has potential of sticking in the NHL as a regular, I'd say sure.

Immonen is 25 years old, didn't make the team out of camp, and has sucked this year with the pack. Pock is a fringe NHL defender at 25 years old. His time is running out. Lampman isn't even close to being an NHL regular, he'll be a career minor leaguer.

Boynton may be having an off year, but he's still leaps and bounds better than those three combined. It's another classic example of trash for a half-decent player.

Old
02-12-2007, 01:46 AM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
I agree with you on Briere, but for what you said about Gomez, I think that applies to Buffalo. They're going to sign Briere and let Drury go, if you ask me, and I'm very wary of signing Drury to a big contract after a career year during a contract year. A year that he will probably never duplicate. I'd rather just go for the throat with Gomez, and put the kill on the Devils. But knowing them, Parise and Zajac will just fill the void. I mean, if you look at it, they have two great young centers in those two. They could realistically let Gomez go, although I don't see it happening unless someone - like the Rangers for instance - comes in an puts forth a ridiculous offer.

The players that he offered have little to no value right now. If there was little more to it, maybe Girardi or Baranka, someone who actually has potential of sticking in the NHL as a regular, I'd say sure.

Immonen is 25 years old, didn't make the team out of camp, and has sucked this year with the pack. Pock is a fringe NHL defender at 25 years old. His time is running out. Lampman isn't even close to being an NHL regular, he'll be a career minor leaguer.

Boynton may be having an off year, but he's still leaps and bounds better than those three combined. It's another classic example of trash for a half-decent player.
I'm not speaking to the players offered. Phoenix will move Morris or Boynton this deadline. He is far from untouchable. The always ubiquitous "plus 2nd rounder" makes such a trade much more feasible.

I've said for awhile, many teams are going to buy into the Drury "intangibles" argument and drive the price for a character 65/70 pt player to over 5.5 million. Drury is a textbook, fantastic 4 million dollar player. This offseason is going to be nuts...especially if there is any validity to Larry Brooks latest salary cap article (maybe up to 50 million).

Last edited by frozenrubber: 02-12-2007 at 01:53 AM.
frozenrubber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:15 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
I'm not speaking to the players offered. Phoenix will move Morris or Boynton this deadline. He is far from untouchable. The always ubiquitous "plus 2nd rounder" makes such a trade much more feasible.
That's fine.

My response was to TBBB, who offered our crap for Boynton. I never said he was untouchable. I just think that what TBBB offered for him will get little if anything at all, at this point.

Morris will fetch more than Boynton, if you ask me, so it's a little easier for me to see them moving him instead of Boynton. Especially if Boynton is having that bad of a year. I mean he hasn't looked great from what I'm seeing, but he hasn't looked any worse than any of our defenders... although that's not saying much.

Quote:
I've said for awhile, many teams are going to buy into the Drury "intangibles" argument and drive the price for a character 65/70 pt player to over 5.5 million. Drury is a textbook, fantastic 4 million dollar player. This offseason is going to be nuts...especially if there is any validity to Larry Brooks latest salary cap article (maybe up to 50 million).
I agree with you on Drury, I think you've hit it on the head of the nail for the most part. I'm very wary of giving him over 4 mill+ a year. I think he's easily worth 3.5 million, right on the money. But yes, someone is going to be sold on his intangibles, and he will be overpaid. Good player, I like him, but not at 4 mill+. It's a little too expensive for a guy who is having a career year in a contract year. I've seen this happen all too often with players.

Old
02-12-2007, 09:44 AM

Top 25 Available Players For Trade

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade.../topnames.html

Rangers showing interest from, Bertuzzi, Forsberg, Nagy, Tkachuk, Rucinsky and Stumpel.

#68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:53 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by #68 View Post

Rangers showing interest from, Bertuzzi, Forsberg, Nagy, Tkachuk, Rucinsky and Stumpel.
Scratch Nagy off that list as he was traded to Dallas for a 1st rounder and Tjarnquist

Old
02-12-2007, 02:00 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Quote:
Originally Posted by #68 View Post

Great, let's trade for Rucinsky for the 5th year in a row.
Man this guy keeps coming back.

Old
02-12-2007, 06:25 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Well let's say this. Guys we should be after=
Jackman, Morris, Boynton, Alberts, Vandermeer, Allen

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 07:19 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Well let's say this. Guys we should be after=
Jackman, Morris, Boynton, Alberts, Vandermeer, Allen
Hmm..The Rangers are pretty loaded on offense right now so going after a D-man is a good idea. I'm guessing the Jackman that you are referring to is Barrett Jackman, and I would go after him if he could come cheap due to his history of injuries. Morris I would possibly be interested in. Boynton I would be interested. I wouldn't go after Alberts, Vandermeer, or Allen though.

Are Boynton and Morris UFA's this summer or signed past this season?

Old
02-13-2007, 12:57 PM
o0goals

Pit-nyr

To PIT:
Prucha
Sauer
Dawes or Immonen (PIT choice)
2nd Round Draft Choice

To NYR:
Staal
Orpik

I know this won't happen, but it would help both teams. Pittsburgh has a log jam at center, and we lack a true future #1 center. Prucha or Dawes on Crosby's wing would be a killer combination for many years, since both are good finishers and Crosby is an unbelievable playmaker. Sauer is a good defensive prospect, and Orpik would help toughen our defense up immediately and going forward. I originally thought maybe the same rangers package for just Malkin, but realized how awful that would be for Pittsburgh considering Malking is on pace for numbers similar to Ovechkin and Crosby from last year.

On a side note, anyone know why Girardi isn't on our prospects page on hf?

o0goals is offline   Reply With Quote