HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

MEETING SAKU KOIVU Tomorrow

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2003, 10:06 AM
montreal25m

vCash: 500
MEETING SAKU KOIVU Tomorrow

Just wanted to send a quick note. My girlfriend is Finnish and tomorrow night it is the Finnish Christmas Party. I will be attending the dinner. Saku shows up all the time if he is around. He shows up after the game. Since it is a home game, he will be there. He is on table number 8, mysefl at table 6. Anyway, just thought I will pass that along.

Nash

Old
12-05-2003, 10:22 AM
Natural Habs Fan

take a picture and we'll believe you

Old
12-05-2003, 10:28 AM
montreal25m

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
Yeah I might just do that for you budd...trust me..I am 29 have nothing to gain or proof to you.

Old
12-05-2003, 10:30 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
Merry Christmas :p

Old
12-05-2003, 10:34 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Give the guy a break. He didn't say that Koivu would be traded to Detroit for Yzerman.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:38 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Is it so impossible that he would see Koivu at a Finnish party? I met Ryan Walter, Stephane Richer and Guy Carbonneau at a Softball Game in Gatineau in 1990 or 91.... Do I have to try and reach them and record the phone call and ask if they remember me from that softball game 13 years ago? Maybe a lie detector test? I'm happy for him if he's meeting Koivu.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:49 AM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

Your girlfriend is Finnish ? You lucky SOB
I must visit Scandinavia someday, it looks SO beautiful !

Old
12-05-2003, 12:27 PM
DJyellow

Send a message via ICQ to DJyellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal25m
Just wanted to send a quick note. My girlfriend is Finnish and tomorrow night it is the Finnish Christmas Party. I will be attending the dinner. Saku shows up all the time if he is around. He shows up after the game. Since it is a home game, he will be there. He is on table number 8, mysefl at table 6. Anyway, just thought I will pass that along.

Nash
I believe you

I met him a few times too, all chance encounters... once at the restaurant, and twice at the mall (with his brother Mikko who was undrafted at the time)

Old
12-05-2003, 12:42 PM
zurg999

Quote:

Nash
Please shake the man's hand and thank him for his years of dedication to the franchise.

Old
12-05-2003, 12:48 PM
caper13

hope you meet him good luck.

Old
12-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Inertiatic

Have fun! Saku is a great guy.

Once, he practiced with my Atom hockey team since my coach played Junior with him! Ever since then he's been my favourite player

Old
12-05-2003, 02:52 PM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyF
Your girlfriend is Finnish ? You lucky SOB
I must visit Scandinavia someday, it looks SO beautiful !

Yeah, Montreal has a little of everything. That's what makes it so special to the eyes of many.

Old
12-05-2003, 03:21 PM
theo6060

Quote:

Nash
I know I can't speak for everybody, but if you talk to him let him know that a lot of us die hards are going to back him no matter what. Even though he only has 1 goal this season, we know there will be more to come and we will support him.

Old
12-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Natural Habs Fan

Quote:
Yeah I might just do that for you budd...trust me..I am 29 have nothing to gain or proof to you.
Heh, I didn't mean anything by it, I just wanted to see pictures of Finnish chicks.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:

Nash
That's awesome!!! I'm jealous

Old
12-06-2003, 05:17 AM
montreal25m

bringing thedigital ...

I will get some pictures for you guys. I am hoping to chat with him a bit. My girlfriend's friend who is Finnish, dating a french canadian here in Montreal met him at Mcgibbons a couple years ago. Anyway, he just said my girlfriend is finnish etc.... Saku told him next time he is in Finland during the summer, call him and maybe they can come to there summer cottage. Anyway, to make a long story short. He was in Finland last summer gave him a call, he anwsered but it was just a bad time. The impressive thing about all this is that he didn't give a wrong number.

In terms of Finland, beautiful country. Been there twice already. Been with my girlfriend for almost 3 yrs. They love there hockey there. They have a population of around 5 million total and they still produce incredible hockey players. There just as passionate as Canadians about there hockey. For those of you interested in getting a glance or meet him after the game, he will be showing around 11. The Christmas Party is at the Mount Stephen Club on Drummond.

Old
12-06-2003, 07:57 AM
Habs

Quote:
My girlfriend's friend who is Finnish,
Forget Koivu, I just want to meet your girlfriend.

Old
12-06-2003, 10:53 PM
Shazbot

i guess i missed my chance but damn! i would've showed up for the finnish girls - screw saku

Old
12-07-2003, 08:25 AM
teemu_s

Send a message via ICQ to teemu_s Send a message via MSN to teemu_s
Actually 6th December is the Independence Day of Finland. Hope you had a nice party. We didn't but that's another story. (I can tell you that restaurant we were really screwed up the service!)

Old
12-07-2003, 08:42 AM
Claude4Eva

Hope you got to meet Saku, I have met him a few times and he's a really nice guy!

Old
12-07-2003, 11:12 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
I know I can't speak for everybody, but if you talk to him let him know that a lot of us die hards are going to back him no matter what. Even though he only has 1 goal this season, we know there will be more to come and we will support him.
He has 2 goals now

8 points in 14 games, I believe

Old
12-08-2003, 05:10 AM
montreal25m

Unfortunatly...

Unfortunatly he didn't make it there. Apparently the Canadians Christmas party was after the game. I don't know. Anyway, it was a great time. He was one of many sponsors for the Finnish Christmas Party. He gave away 3 sets of tickets, prizes lots of Koivu Bobble heads lol. Actually the last set of tickets was given away via an auction. Right behind the bench. Anyway, I stopped my bidding at $250, it went for $315 for the pair.

Old
12-08-2003, 05:58 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Unfortunatly he didn't make it there. Apparently the Canadians Christmas party was after the game. I don't know. Anyway, it was a great time. He was one of many sponsors for the Finnish Christmas Party. He gave away 3 sets of tickets, prizes lots of Koivu Bobble heads lol. Actually the last set of tickets was given away via an auction. Right behind the bench. Anyway, I stopped my bidding at $250, it went for $315 for the pair.
Koivu Bobble heads??? I hope you stocked up on those I can`t find any Habs players.

Closed Thread