HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

RANGERS Trade Hall for Dupuis

Old
02-09-2007, 01:08 PM
JRGNYR

vCash: 500
Personally I would've rather seen Hall go for a pick or an AHL player, to open up a roster spot for somebody from Hartford. But I tend to agree with some other posters here, I think this is a sign of something else coming. I don't know how big, but I think Sather is just getting started.

I do like the scouting report on Dupuis, being "combative" as per TSN. That's something the team really needs. Having Avery and Dupuis on the same line could give other teams a real problem.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

Im liking the moves. 2 young guys who love to play the game,its better then 2 old timers who have 4 MIllion $ salaries. Hey, it isnt our own young farm guys, but they are 2 guys that will be great additions to any team, I like the deals, there good quality moves, maybe Sather is realizing something, i dont know.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
allahu akbar! there is a god!

see you in hell adam hall!

Lets see things needed a shake up, just sorry we lost Moore for Hall

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dank

i wonder what number he will be wearing, considering in Minnesota he wore 11..

and we all know he can't do that here..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i think this is a good trade for Adam Hall to be honest, i think hes going to find his game back in Minnesota. The kid has very high potential (i feel) but it was just not working here. I think its a lateral move, but i think long term Minnesota will get the better end of this deal.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Fletch

When does...

Prucha get traded?

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:15 PM
IanB

Dupuis has alot more skill than Hall, and alot more energy as well. You can see it in the way he skates - he's not physical, but he has an aggressive way about him. He'll be an upgrade for us,but he reminds me alot of Cullen.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Mort

Send a message via AIM to Mort
Pascal Dupuis will provide the Rangers with a good skating skilled penalty killer. The biggest problem with Pascal is that he has had a lot of trouble finishing, he has a reputation among Wild fans of always missing the net.

A change of scenery will probably bring some spark.

The biggest goal of his career was in game 7 against the Canucks in 2003, it turned out to be the momentum shifter, getting the Wild back in a game 2-1 just after Bertuzzi had made it 2-0 in the middle of the 2nd period. The Wild rallied to improbably win that series.

Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:19 PM
trench23

Fletch-- to add to your question, i saw this on another board..

Heard a rumor on WFAN, Rangers trying to obtain Nathan Horton for Montoya and Prucha and another player. Probably hogwash as Florida would be nuts to give him up.

Has anyone heard this? I know we were talking about wishing we got horton, but is this getting closer then we thought?

And Thank GOD Hall is gone.. pascal i think will do well for us, not in a D first system, he might be able to pot us 7-8 down the stretch i think if on the third line... still young and under 30, not a bad move at all..

trench23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:21 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench23 View Post
Fletch-- to add to your question, i saw this on another board..

Heard a rumor on WFAN, Rangers trying to obtain Nathan Horton for Montoya and Prucha and another player. Probably hogwash as Florida would be nuts to give him up.

Has anyone heard this? I know we were talking about wishing we got horton, but is this getting closer then we thought?

And Thank GOD Hall is gone.. pascal i think will do well for us, not in a D first system, he might be able to pot us 7-8 down the stretch i think if on the third line... still young and under 30, not a bad move at all..

Why would Florida be nuts to give him up? I'm a Horton fan but you make it seem like he's dominating. He hasn't done squat compared to what Semin is doing this year on the Caps and nobody even talks about him. Florida's goaltending is horrific. Goalies are the most important player on your team. A lot more important than a Horton.

dumpsathernow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:25 PM
xander

well, montoya and prucha for horton was what we where discussing a few days ago. As I said then, this is the only trade (or one of the few deals) that I wouls be happy moving Montoya in. Hopefully tht 'other player' is someone less notable like an immonen, but if it's a dubinsky I probably still mae the deal (though I would be upset about having to give up dubi.)

If the rumors about Horton being unhappy in florida, and being difficult to sign this offseason, are true then Montoya, Prucha + is a viable offer. If the rumors arn't truen then it's, indeed, hogwash.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:29 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Wow another trade. Not bad IMO. But nothing earth shattering. Seems to me that Dupuis wore out his welcome over in Minnesota for not bury his chances. At least he has chances. Hall did not. Hall quickly became a nothing player for the team so i believed that any change with him involved would be a good one. Plus no prospects or picks were given up.

Dupuis also makes 177,000 less than Hall. Clears a tad of space.

Quote:
"This is something that we've wanted for some time," said Wild assistant GM Tom Lynn in a statement. "Because the element of grit is not widely available in the trade market, we feel we are getting a player that brings more of that physical element while New York is getting more of a penalty killer. Having that toughness is definitely needed in a playoff push."
Good Job Sather, way to lie!

Since when is Hall is tough and brings a pysical element?? The Wild got robbed if thats what they want from Hall.

I think Hollweg might be on his way out in a bigger deal, because Avery was brought in and fills his role and now Dupuis is another lower line player. In fact Betts should watch his back as well.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 02-09-2007 at 01:36 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:34 PM
trench23

Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
Why would Florida be nuts to give him up? I'm a Horton fan but you make it seem like he's dominating. He hasn't done squat compared to what Semin is doing this year on the Caps and nobody even talks about him. Florida's goaltending is horrific. Goalies are the most important player on your team. A lot more important than a Horton.
Hey buddy, ease back now.. i didnt make this up, said i read that exact quote on another board (sams blog)... i just wanted to know if there was truth to it.. kinda scared about it to be honest.. i have never made a trade proposal once on this board, and honestly, dont knwo where hortons value is cause i dont see him enough. just was looking for feedback, cause i felt it was a lot to give, but again, dont know how good horton can be.

trench23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:36 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Wow another trade. Not bad IMO. Seems to me that Dupuis wore out his welcome over in Minnesota for not bury his chances. At least he has chances. Hall did not. Hall quickly became a nothing player for the team so i believed that any change with him involved would be a good one. Plus no prospects or picks were given up.

Dupuis also makes 177,000 less than Hall. Clears a tad of space.

Good Job Sather, way to lie!

Since when is Hall is tough and brings a pysical element?? The Wild got robbed if thats what they want from Hall.

I'm quite pleased with this trade as Adam Hall is one of the players I detested being on this team.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:41 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
i wonder what number he will be wearing, considering in Minnesota he wore 11..

and we all know he can't do that here..
I think he wears 21

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Garv23

Nothing mind blowing. If Dupuis brings good energy, then I'll be happy. I agree with the folks here saying something biggers coming. We shall see..

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Fletch

But do you quickly become...

hateful of Dupuis? He sounds a heck of a lot like Hall. Hall came here after scoring 14 goals last season, and was a top penalty killer on one of the top PK teams in the league. Here's Dupuis, a guy with 10 goals and 3 assists, and is a decent PKer, whcih nets to...? He's also a left winger, so now on the left there's Avery, Straka, Prucha, Hossa and Dupuis. Dupuis averages about 16 minutes per game. Will this be another case of acquiring a guy and play him differently, kind of like Hall, and then we're in the same situation? I dunno...

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:44 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I hope Hall can turn it around, he's seems like a good guy.

I agree with a couple of above posters that not only was this move made to improve the team, but also to show the rest of the slackers that if you underachieve and don't bust your ass, you'll be moved (although maybe that's not a bad thing, considering the current state of our team).

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
He put up a 20 G 28 A season. In other words, he's a heck of a lot better than garbage like Betts, Hossa and Hollweg. I'm not sure about his speed but I would assume he's fast. With Avery, seems like the Rangers want to become a faster team with more offense. That seems to be the early pattern I'm seeing.
shocker. another post where donutboy bashes Betts, Hossa, and Hollweg. (Yawn)

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:50 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

How does this trade indicate something bigger is coming?The Rangers took the first decent offer for Hall and it saves them the embarrassment of not having to tender a QO of over $1 million to Hall for 2007-08

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:53 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Judging from the NHL Highlights on this guy, he can skate 10X faster than Hall, can open the ice up for sure better than Hall. Goes to the net with speed better than Hall, can kill penalties which makes up for the loss of Ward.

Seems he plays with alot more energy than Hall which is a good thing for the Rangers.

The Wild seem like they were frustrated because he couldn bury his chances, but liek i said before, at least he has chances and creates some himself, unlike Hall and Ward who rarely got to the net. As long as hes responsible defensively, which he probably is to a degree because hes a penalty killer, i see an upgrade here. The question is how will he be used and will he get the time he got in Minn.

Not a huge upgrade by any means.

But the Rangers are better with him than Hall. Hall just blew this year. Good luck to him in Minn.

Old
02-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Balej20*

Remember, Dupuis has played in the defense first system for years. Maybe if he is outside of that system, he can put up some more points. Who knows.

To me, this is a 'whatever' kinda trade. I just hope this doesn't take Hollweg out of the lineup.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:55 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

At the time, Hall for Moore seemed like a good deal. We were all happy to get a potential power forward but the reality/hindsight of it was we never had the lineup to support his development. I originally thought Shanahan was gonna play LW to his (Hall) RW but that turned out to be misinformed. He couldn't produce on the third line with Betts and Hossa and just didn't get enough ice time on the 4th until he fell off the map completely. A shame. Furthermore, we got ourselves into a real buttjam losing Moore. We no longer had that energy 4th line Renney had confidence to play in almost any situation, nor did Renney go with a young center like I think was originally intended. What resulted was a mish-mash of center experiments which ultimately caused inconsistent lines for much of the season and can be blamed for harmed team and line chemistry.

Dupuis - I like this player. Has offensive upside (105 points in 61 games his last season in the Q, career high in NHL 20-28-48 in 80 games), skates well, and is a solid two way player. Just wasn't working out for Minnesota of late so we probably got the better player in this change-of-scenery trade.

Besides, when is the last time we had a Quebecois on the team? Was it Quintal?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
How does this trade indicate something bigger is coming?The Rangers took the first decent offer for Hall and it saves them the embarrassment of not having to tender a QO of over $1 million to Hall for 2007-08
And this is another big reason why.

Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Yeah gotta agree there. I can't imagine that Dupuis was in any type of demand if we were able to snag him for Hall, so it's hard for me to believe that he'll make any trade offer from us more attractive. I think it was just shaking things up, dropping a guy who didn't pan out.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote