HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole Status

Old
02-09-2007, 12:47 PM
FargoND

vCash: 500
Cole Status

Hey All,

Watched last night in Boston and saw Eric Cole helped off of the ice. I know Cole as a tough customer so I know it had to have been a serious injury. Anyone know his status?

FargoND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:53 PM
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer

Quote:
But the Canes lost Cole midway through the second period when he collided with Glen Murray, sliding into Murray's right knee with his right hip -- a likely hip pointer, a painful contusion of the hip bone and the aggravation of a hip injury Cole has been playing through lately.

Walker missed the third period after injuring his right arm pummeling Andrew Alberts during a second-period scrap.

X-rays found no major injuries for both Hurricanes. They are expected to travel with the team to Minnesota today and be re-evaluated by doctors there. On Tuesday, the team lost Cory Stillman, who will miss at least a week with a sprained right knee.

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:15 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
Cole could be back as soon as the Wild game.... or he could be out more then a week. Totally day-to-day at this point.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:50 PM
ManiacCaniac

My seat at the RBC is right beside the chute where the team goes on and off the ice, so I can see the expressions on their faces. Couple of weeks ago, Cole was helped into the dressing room holding his arm with a pained look that would make you think he had broken it in four places. I figured it was bad, but he was back out a couple of shifts later. Point being that sometimes these things look worse than they are. Hope that's the case here.

ManiacCaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:15 AM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Can someone please update me during the day on Saturday if they hear anything on Cole's status? Thanks in advance.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Cole is out. Walker will play.

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever View Post
Cole is out. Walker will play.
So I take it his hand isn't broken then? Any idea what his upper body injury was?

Cardiac_Canes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
So I take it his hand isn't broken then? Any idea what his upper body injury was?
Sore knuckles. His hand was so swollen that they couldn't tell if it was just swollen or if there was some damage done until the xrays on Friday. Turns out it was just swollen and Walker has been taking care of it and looks ready to go. Pretty safe bet that he's not going to drop them again for a while. I can imagine that Laviolette probably gave him hell for that with our forward situation the way it is.

Cole has a reaggrivation of the hip pointer, which was the mysterious "lower body injury", that kept him out of a game earlier this season. He's for sure out for Saturday, but there is no set timetable for his return. Knowing Cole though, he's not going to miss too many games. I would expect him to be a GTD for the Kings game and likely back for the NYR game.

Old
02-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

Scotty's gotta quit punching visors so much and get that hat off first

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Cane View Post
Scotty's gotta quit punching visors so much and get that hat off first
Heck, I don't even care. That was the the worst pwnage i've seen distributed from a Hurricanes perspective in quite a while.

Old
02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
thrillhous

Any updates on Cole's status? Did he practice today, is playing tomorrow at least a possibility?

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 01:27 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Caniacforever, thanks for the update last saturday on Cole's status, I wonder if you could help me out again since I'm a big Cole fan but don't get much news on him in Vancouver...

Will he play Saturday vs. the Habs?

Thanks in advance if your able to pass anything on, it's appreciated

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBCslayer View Post
Caniacforever, thanks for the update last saturday on Cole's status, I wonder if you could help me out again since I'm a big Cole fan but don't get much news on him in Vancouver...

Will he play Saturday vs. the Habs?

Thanks in advance if your able to pass anything on, it's appreciated
Cole skated before last night's game against NYR and said that it didn't feel right yet. He's going to likely be a GTD for the game against Montreal. My best estimate would be with the forward situation being the way it is, he may push himself back into the lineup early.