HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

***ALL Forsberg Rumours Here***

Old
02-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
The problem with Vancouver is the lack of good prospects. Except Bourdon ( who had a disappointing performance with the Canucks earlier this season ), I don't see many interesting prospects.

On the other side, the Habs have guys like Halak, Price, Kostistyn, Grabovsky or even Yemelin who might be ready to play in the NHL.

EDIT!: IMO, Carey Price is our only untouchable.
You don't/shouldn't trade your (potential) FRANCHISE goalie.
When is the last time we had a tall, big goalie who can handle the puck like a defenseman? He's hopefully our "keeper" for the next 10-15 years and maybe longer...

I'm a huge Forsberg fan, but if Gainey has to give Price, 1st round, and __?__ (prospect) for Forsberg then let Forsberg go to Detroit or Vancouver...

10 years or more of Price >>>>> 2 months of Forsberg

Gainey should then go after Guerin and/or Tkachuk.

I'd rather keep Price. The potential, upside is huuuge with Price.
You build great teams with great goalies...

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-11-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Since Souray certainly will leave, why not trade him for Forsberg--this week if possible? There's a slim hope that Forsberg might be persuaded to re-sign, none for Souray. Forsberg (if healthy) could contribute at least as much as Souray for the remainder of this season. The Flyers could then put Souray on the market, and at this point Souray might fetch more of a return for the Flyers than Forsberg would.
Why would Philly want a rental?

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Halak is not untouchable and re-signing souray is not out of the question; unlikely, yes. Right now Souray seems like our Captain and he always changes the game for us. Saku has relegated to a 2nd line center.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak View Post
Why would Philly want a rental?
Because they could immediately turn around and trade Souray. GMs would be e-mailing Philly the moment they hear about the trade. The Flyers could probably extract a higher return for Souray than they would for Forsberg because of Forsberg's age and health issues.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Russians View Post
Halak is not untouchable and re-signing souray is not out of the question; unlikely, yes. Right now Souray seems like our Captain and he always changes the game for us. Saku has relegated to a 2nd line center.
I think you underestimate the likelihood of Souray's leaving as a UFA. Frankly, why should he stay even if Gainey matches the highest offer? He could go to a stronger team and/or one that plays in the west.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:22 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Because they could immediately turn around and trade Souray. GMs would be e-mailing Philly the moment they hear about the trade. The Flyers could probably extract a higher return for Souray than they would for Forsberg because of Forsberg's age and health issues.
Very true, they could get a VERY solid player for Souray. But I doubt Gainey is going to trade Souray, because of his importance to the team this season. I really want to know what Sourays intentions are, I mean if he would stay with the team or not.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
I think you underestimate the likelihood of Souray's leaving as a UFA. Frankly, why should he stay even if Gainey matches the highest offer? He could go to a stronger team and/or one that plays in the west.
I said it was likely he would leave, however I know Souray likes Montreal and loves this team. Besides he could do the Chara and go to LA. Which is a strong possibility, i am hoping that he stays though.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Let me say this

this is the second game in a row Grabovski misses without injury and cory Urquhart and Jon Gleed have been called up to Hamilton

COULD it mean Grabovski is the perezhogin we all think will be dealt for forsberg???

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:09 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Let me say this

this is the second game in a row Grabovski misses without injury and cory Urquhart and Jon Gleed have been called up to Hamilton

COULD it mean Grabovski is the perezhogin we all think will be dealt for forsberg???
Manlowe is out with a rib injury.. Grabovski is out with a knee injury. And if we traded that for Forsberg, I'd become a Philadelphia fan.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Nobak

Quote:
Silly me. I hadn't thought that through.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
lol your from the canadiens forum

i was

dynasty_Redux
Systemic Anomaly_6
D7291

and JL keeps banning me cuz i send him PM's full of crap, i still do, but it means i can only view the boards now not post on them lol, but i can still PM, its hilarious how mad he gets

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:47 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol your from the canadiens forum

i was

dynasty_Redux
Systemic Anomaly_6
D7291

and JL keeps banning me cuz i send him PM's full of crap, i still do, but it means i can only view the boards now not post on them lol, but i can still PM, its hilarious how mad he gets
Haha, when I saw the name Redux, I instantly thought "What happened to Dynasty? Is that him?". How's that Swiss jersey?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:22 PM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

Forsberg to Montreal : P.J Stock's version at Mckkibins on St Jean

Earlier on today I dropped a friend off a fairview for a Job interview, the manager there ends up taking him to Mckibbons ( the food court in fairview was too noisy ... )

He sees Stock there and once the interview is over he goes over and introduces himslef ( a couple of senior league players with stock etc ... )

this is what he thought was going to happen

Perezhogin - Halak - and a pick
or
Perezhogin and the Habs First Round pick

for

Forsberg

what I didn't expect : Kovalev might be part of that deal which would see '' Jeff Carter '' come the other way ...

take it for what it's worth ... I'd HATE to see Halak go ... toooooo dominant in the AHL ...
I don't know how accurate Stock is ... I've also heard that Niklas Sundstrom and Forsberg are good friends and that Sundstrom said Montreal was awesome ...

ROCKZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:26 PM
hockey_nut

i can live with giving up perezhogin given all the young talent we have coming up in the system (although i still think he's going to mature into a 70pt guy)... halak i guess is ok considering we have price

i wouldn't cry over the deal, but nothing that makes me jump off my chair

as for the kovalev part... doesn't really make much sense, to be honest... i can't see the flyers doing that, considering they've said NONE of their young talent (gagne, pitkanen, carter, richards, etc) are available

edit: another thing that comes to mind... Gainey said he will not trade any of his top prospects.. so,

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:26 PM
SpreeEndaz

What surprises me most is that Sundstrom thought that MTL was awesome.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:30 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen View Post
He sees Stock there and once the interview is over he goes over and introduces himslef ( a couple of senior league players with stock etc ... )

or

for

Forsberg

what I didn't expect : Kovalev might be part of that deal which would see '' Jeff Carter '' come the other way ...
PJ Stock tought too much

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:33 PM

None of those deals could work, the Habs would have to send a contract the other way, wouldn't they?

I'm not familiar with Montreal's cap space availability, but, I think they're very close to the cap so they'd have to send another salary the other way IMO

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
What surprises me most is that Sundstrom thought that MTL was awesome.

Same here

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Habs514

I am sure Gainey speaks with Stock before he calls the Flyers with his offer.

Habs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
The same PJ Stock who last summer tried convincing everyone we were about to get Malkin for about 10 assets.

But the part about Forsberg and Sundstrom being friends isn't out of the blue...they were both on a ridiculously productive line with Naslund at the WJC in the early 90's.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Side View Post

Same here
Oh course he would think Mtl was awesome, no other team would have kept him in the line-up for as long at Mtl did

02-11-2007, 06:43 PM
shimy1221*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen View Post
Earlier on today I dropped a friend off a fairview for a Job interview, the manager there ends up taking him to Mckibbons ( the food court in fairview was too noisy ... )

or

for

Forsberg

take it for what it's worth ... I'd HATE to see Halak go ... toooooo dominant in the AHL ...
I don't know how accurate Stock is ... I've also heard that Niklas Sundstrom and Forsberg are good friends and that Sundstrom said Montreal was awesome ...
i dont think u coulda spelled 'mckkibins' n e worse than u did lol...

what does p.j stock know tho...

shimy1221* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514 View Post
I am sure Gainey speaks with Stock before he calls the Flyers with his offer.
I don't get up in the morning with asking PJ Stock if its okay to open my eyes

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:50 PM
haramjada*

i can see stock having some sources, and with the play of the kosts and other youngsters in the system i can see perezhogin becoming expendable. however, i wouldn't want to let go of halak...
i'd rather part with a first round pick.
i know he has been bad, but has jeff carter fallen from the graces of flyer management?

when sunny was talking about montreal being a great city, he was probably talking about the quality of life. isn't it one of the most beautiful cities in north america?

haramjada* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:12 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Wow, I was actually thinking about possible Forsberg proposals at work today and came up with Kovalev + Perezhogin + conditional pick, or something along those lines. Let's face it, we'd have to unload a large salary somewhere to fit in Forsberg and Kovalev is pretty much the only logical choice. Nobody wants Samsonov, Koivu isn't going anywhere, and Ryder's value isn't exactly at its highest.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote