HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

***ALL Forsberg Rumours Here***

Old
02-12-2007, 01:46 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
I think 2 firsts + an NHL-ready prospect prices him out of everybody's range except Detroit...who, surprise surprise, are in the West. And are a Cup contender. And have 5 Swedes on their roster.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Kafka

According to Anaheim's GM, Phili ask from him for Forsberg TWO 1st round picks + a young player already on their roster (my guess is Perry or Getzlaf).

They are really overevaluating Forsberg, a guy they got for nothing in the first place.

I don't want Gainey to give Perezhogin+ 2 first round picks. I don't mind about letting Perezhogin go at all, but 3 first round picks for a rent is too much.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:53 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
According to Anaheim's GM, Phili ask from him for Forsberg TWO 1st round picks + a young player already on their roster (my guess is Perry or Getzlaf).

They are really overevaluating Forsberg, a guy they got for nothing in the first place.

I don't want Gainey to give Perezhogin+ 2 first round picks. I don't mind about letting Perezhogin go at all, but 3 first round picks for a rent is too much.
Damn, I don't even think I would trade Getzlaf for Forsberg straight up...

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Kostitsyn404*

An Offer Philly Couldn't Refuse? (NO RUMORS)

What do you guys think MTL would have to offer Philly in order to get Forsberg?

(Please do not move this to the Forsberg Rumors Thread, this is a thread SPECIFICALLY for proposals that would make sense, not random rumors and proposals only beneficial to MTL)

Personally speaking I think a 1st round pick and Michael Ryder would do it. They can always resign Forsberg anyways at worst. But this way, Habs get the playoff run they need(for once we have a solid shot), Philly (a rebuilding team) who already has Gagne/Pitkanen/Etc can get another pick and a solid 2nd line winger who they can keep.

I personally think it would take at least another pick or another player to complete this transaction.

One way you go, you risk not having enough depth even with Forsberg to win (hence Philly's situation).

The other way you go, you lose depth in seasons to come. Thing is, Montreal has decent depth already in their farm system, do we need more youngsters for now?

I think Ryder's time in Montreal is almost up, if we can win a stanley cup by dishing him out to Philly then I wouldn't care really.

Offer Philly Could Not Refuse: Kovalev + Samsonov + Pick for Forsberg.
Offer Montreal Would Refuse: ABOVE

This is the problem I find myself having, either way one team isn't happy, I don't think there's an easy way to do this unless you throw in a decent player like M. Ryder along with pick(s).

Plekanec being a center though, might be more likely. Especially with how he's been playing as of late. Another player Montreal wouldn't likely trade at this point in time.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:57 PM
AH

Why do you think you are so special that you need your own thread to discuss various Forsberg scenarios?

Besides that, your post makes absolutely no sense.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:58 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Offer Montreal Would Refuse: ABOVE
How could Philly not refuse that? That's $8m salary for a combined 19 goals. You're still trying to turn Montreal's garbage into gold.

A real offer Philly couldn't refuse (IMO) would be something like Kovalev, Perezhogin, Lapierre, a first round pick in 08 and a coniditional pick based on how well the Canadiens do in the playoffs.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs13

The problem with this is that if we're going for a deep playoff run, we're going to need most the assests we'd need to send the Flyers in order to make an unreffusable offfer. Therefore, 2 1sts + Perezhogin seems the best bet.

Edit for fun: The Flyers couldn't resist: Higgins + Komisarek + Huet for Forsburg... but then we'd be in deep doodoo.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Darz

Well, I think eventually the Flyers will settle on an offer of a first round pick, and a decent prospect, so for the habs to land him I think they would have to make an offer in the neighbourhood of Kostitsyn and a 1st rounder (probable with some sort of conditional pick added if Forsberg resigns).

I won't merge this right away......but I will in the near future (unless another mod beats me to it).

02-12-2007, 02:00 PM
tritone

An offer Philly COULDN'T refuse?
Ok
Koivu, Huet, Komi, first round pick 2007-08-09-10 and we pick up Koivu's salary for the next 3 years.

I doubt Philly would refuse.

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:02 PM
tiredman

Chipchura, Ryder and a first round pick.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:04 PM
brownman*

We don't have the cap room to just send a pick and a prospect; acquiring Forsberg prior to the deadline is like a $2 million cap hit if I remember correctly. Therefore, there MUST be a roster player going the other way unless the Habs were to unload cap room in the form of another roster player going to a team with cap room in exchange for a non-roster player/pick.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:08 PM
HABkings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
An offer Philly COULDN'T refuse?
Ok
Koivu, Huet, Komi, first round pick 2007-08-09-10 and we pick up Koivu's salary for the next 3 years.

I doubt Philly would refuse.
Dont forget to give them our future too, you also have to include Price.

Its only fair!

HABkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:09 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABkings View Post
Dont forget to give them our future too, you also have to include Price.

Its only fair!
Ha! I figured I had the future covered with 4 first round picks, but your right, we can throw in Price, who needs a Goalie when we'll have Forsberg up front?

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:11 PM
PK*

Alex Buturlin, Vadim Tarasov and a second rounder sounds fair to me.

PK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:12 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post

Unless that pick is 1st overall and a Crosby-potential is up for grab then yeah Philly will not refuse but otherwise this is a not a good trade for them. They are rebuilduing not trying to win the cup.

What Philly is probably looking for is something like this

Higgins (or Komisarek) + 1st rounder 2007 + conditionnal 1st rounder in 2008 if Forsberg re-signs in Montreal.

Forget about dumping our dead wood for him.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:14 PM
tiredman

Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
Unless that pick is 1st overall and a Crosby-potential is up for grab then yeah Philly will not refuse but otherwise this is a not a good trade for them. They are rebuilduing not trying to win the cup.

Higgins (or Komisarek) + 1st rounder 2007 + conditionnal 1st rounder in 2008 if Frosberg re-signs in Montreal.

I think it's way too much. Higgins would probably be enough.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:16 PM
GoodKiwi

If we give Higgins or Komisarek for Forsberg I'm officially done cheering for Montreal. This much I know.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post

No. Thanks. I still don't want to go after him at all. You can't give anything for a guy that injury prone. People have too much in mind the great top 5 player he was but not enough the Benoit Brunet's clone he's become......injury prone wise of course....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:28 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
No. Thanks. I still don't want to go after him at all. You can't give anything for a guy that injury prone. People have too much in mind the great top 5 player he was but not enough the Benoit Brunet's clone he's become......injury prone wise of course....
Forsberg could switch to a crappy RDS analyst after, then?

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:33 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

2 first round pick and a young NHL player, **** Forsberg, thas is way too much for 4 months

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:35 PM
HABkings

Quote:

Higgins (or Komisarek) + 1st rounder 2007 + conditionnal 1st rounder in 2008 if Forsberg re-signs in Montreal.

Weird you forgot too, to add price and 5 more of more 1st rounders for Fobby. Habs fan are soooo biasist!

HABkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:36 PM
LeHab

I am not saying this is what we should give but rather this is what Philly is probably expecting.

I doubt Perezhogin interests them as he has been benched already and has proven nothing other than having a nice +/- thanks to Bonk and Johnson.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:38 PM
tiredman

Quote:
I am not saying this is what we should give but rather this is what Philly is probably expecting.

I doubt Perezhogin interests them as he has been benched already and has proven nothing other than having a nice +/- thanks to Bonk and Johnson.
If they expect a Higgins + 2 first round picks type of return, the Flyers can go to hell and keep their superstar.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
2 first round pick and a young NHL player, **** Forsberg, thas is way too much for 4 months
espically if you still miss the playoffs with him in your line up .
to risky for my blood .

Try to sign him in the offseason(if he doesnt retire )

safest option

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I think Rivet might be the key to the ever improbable Forsberg to Montreal fantasy. I'm pretty sure Gainey (and us fans) would part with a prospect and a 1st.

BUT the Habs would need to add another 1st rounder (apparently) AND drop a chunk of salary (and Samsonov and Niinimaa are totally unattractive, it seems, and losing Ryder along with a 1st and a prospect is just too much).

IF Gainey could convert Rivet into a 1st round pick in a rental deal (even if they had to add Washington's 3rd rounder from the Zednik deal, or whatever other sweetener), then I think the Habs might be able to compete in the Forsberg sweepstakes.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote