HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Superstition

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2003, 06:50 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Superstition

We had some friends over on Saturday and I was putting some pretzels into a bowl, when what do I find, but 1 perfect pretzel in the form of a CH. I knew it was an omen and I immediately hid it away from both kids and dogs. As the Habs won Saturday, I'll assume that I found a lucky pretzel. I'm not sure whether to hide it or paint it red. Talk about lame threads, but still, I'd hate to be responsible for a slump.

Old
12-08-2003, 06:54 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
We had some friends over on Saturday and I was putting some pretzels into a bowl, when what do I find, but 1 perfect pretzel in the form of a CH. I knew it was an omen and I immediately hid it away from both kids and dogs. As the Habs won Saturday, I'll assume that I found a lucky pretzel. I'm not sure whether to hide it or paint it red. Talk about lame threads, but still, I'd hate to be responsible for a slump.
Build a shrine with the pretzel in the middle. These pretzels are making me Thirsty!

Old
12-08-2003, 06:54 AM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
now we know where the ghosts of the fourm went

they now work in a pretzel factory LOL

Old
12-08-2003, 06:57 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Only eat or modify it once they lose...

Old
12-08-2003, 06:59 AM
mcphee

i'm worried about possible retrieval if one of my dogs eat it.

Old
12-08-2003, 06:59 AM
Darz

Guard the blessed prezel with your life Mcphee!!!!!!

Old
12-08-2003, 07:03 AM
Gros Bill

OTH, McPhee, what if it's a trap ? It might be a "bad-luck" pretzel, in which case, only destroying it will allow the Habs to once again become Champions. Something like throwing it into a sewer where the Forum was. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T EAT IT ! You think it will make you stronger, but in fact it could eventually turn you into a Leafs' fan. Hmmm, I saw a movie like that once ...

Old
12-08-2003, 08:00 AM
Bob Bastards

Man take a picture of it and post it. I can't wait to see that.
I am in favor of building a shrine for it. You should try to find an old chinesse wizard in the china town to see if the pretzel is good or evil. You could then decide to place it in the shrine if the aura is a good one or send it to the Maple Leaf arena for bad luck in the other case...

Old
12-08-2003, 08:04 AM
HABitude

You should ask George Bush jr. about lucky pretzels. lol

Old
12-08-2003, 08:09 AM
habsfan19

put it in a frame
if we lose, eat that pretzel!

Old
12-08-2003, 08:15 AM
mcphee

Bill, now I'm scared, all morning I've been thinking about re-naming my dogs to Wendel and Douggie. I keep getting the urge to see a parade though some part of me knows it will never come.

Bob, as soon as I update my technical abilities, I'll post it.

Habitude, What is the Bush connection, did he choke on one or something ?

Old
12-08-2003, 08:16 AM
Teezax

that pretzel will be eaten by about 21h30 tonight.

Old
12-08-2003, 08:19 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Bob, as soon as I update my technical abilities, I'll post it.
Thanks dude...

Quote:
Unfortunatly he escape the pretzel, it was a nice try anyway...

Old
12-08-2003, 08:20 AM
Darz

Quote:

Yup. The leader of the free world was almost taken out by a prezel. What a dumbass!!!

Old
12-09-2003, 03:14 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Did you by any chance snack on the Pretzel during the last few minutes of the third last night? Montreal's luck appeared to be holding until then...

If you didn't, that darn pretzel let us down when it most mattered. Maybe you should try painting it or modifying it somehow...

Old
12-09-2003, 03:27 AM
mcphee

i'm confused, is it lucky because they played well or unlucky because they lost ? I don't handle stress well. Makes me want to eat junk food, oops.

Old
12-09-2003, 03:33 AM
Darz

Quote:
i'm confused, is it lucky because they played well or unlucky because they lost ? I don't handle stress well. Makes me want to eat junk food, oops.

DON'T EAT THE PRETZEL!!!!!. It was a great effort. If we put forth that kind of effort on a nightly basis, we will win alot of hockey games this year....Have some chips instead.

Old
12-09-2003, 06:43 AM
GB

vCash: 370
Send a message via ICQ to GB
Quote:
It's lucky, but obviously not lucky enough to defeat the curse of Leclair. Maybe cover it in Maple Syrup next time we play the Flyers. Or throw it in Leclair's eye.

Old
12-09-2003, 06:51 AM
habfan4

Courier the pretzel to the Bell Centre immediately, this holy relic must be buried in the CH at centre ice.

I also think you'll need to change your nick to "McPhee Keeper of the Sacred Pretzel"

Old
12-09-2003, 06:54 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Courier the pretzel to the Bell Centre immediately, this holy relic must be buried in the CH at centre ice.

I also think you'll need to change your nick to "McPhee Keeper of the Sacred Pretzel"
I will pay the courier if it will help!

Old
12-09-2003, 07:00 AM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Crap, they're talking on the Leafs board about sneaking into your house and RIPPING IT OFF mcphee.

DON'T LET THEM DO THIS!!!

Guard your house. Get a doberman. Hire security and lock the pretzel in a safe. Or if you want I'll send a courier to secretly pick it up and bring it over to my house (he wears his goat disguise).

P.S. Take a few pictures of the Pretzel and post them so we can use them as avatars.

Old
12-09-2003, 07:10 AM
Gros Bill

Give it to me, McPhee, I'll know what to do with it (heh heh heh).

I said GIVE IT TO ME ! It's mine, I saw it first anyway. It's MY precioussss.

Old
12-09-2003, 07:50 AM
mcphee

There aren't enough Leaf fans to defeat me and the Pretzel. OK, here's my plan. My daughter will be at the Bowie concert Saturday. Shall I trust her to hide the Pretzel within the bowels of the Bell Ctr., or shall I let those who are false believe I did. My only concern is in the form of note to self. The coat pocket Mcphee, not the pants pocket.

Brisebois, I'm not afraid of the stealth of the Leaf fans, crinoline makes that rustling noise when they walk.

Old
12-09-2003, 08:07 AM
Necrophile

Quote:
There aren't enough Leaf fans to defeat me and the Pretzel. OK, here's my plan. My daughter will be at the Bowie concert Saturday. Shall I trust her to hide the Pretzel within the bowels of the Bell Ctr., or shall I let those who are false believe I did. My only concern is in the form of note to self. The coat pocket Mcphee, not the pants pocket.

Brisebois, I'm not afraid of the stealth of the Leaf fans, crinoline makes that rustling noise when they walk.
McPhee, we must assemble a small army of CH fans to accomplish the task. Everyone must have a different task in order for the unit to be efficient.

McPhee hides in the middle of the small army of fans. Guy! leads the way, distracting Leaf fans with his detailed post-game reports. If one of those Leaf guys slips away from Guy!, then we send Plekanec to hold them back further, and confuse them with french ramblings. If some of the Leaf fans manage to break away from both Guy!'s and Plekanec's coverage, then Darz tries to lure them to a dark corner by promising some free beer, at which point one of our (Big M1ke, Komisarek8, Mike Komisarek) will beat them savagely. Then Necrophile will "dispose" of the bodies. After this, the coast will almost be clear, but just to be sure we will send Andrei Kastsitsyn on the ice to fake an epileptic seizure, at which point no one will be paying attention to McPhee, who will safely store the SACRED PRETZEL .

It must be done...

Old
12-09-2003, 08:12 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
McPhee, we must assemble a small army of CH fans to accomplish the task. Everyone must have a different task in order for the unit to be efficient.

McPhee hides in the middle of the small army of fans. Guy! leads the way, distracting Leaf fans with his detailed post-game reports. If one of those Leaf guys slips away from Guy!, then we send Plekanec to hold them back further, and confuse them with french ramblings. If some of the Leaf fans manage to break away from both Guy!'s and Plekanec's coverage, then Darz tries to lure them to a dark corner by promising some free beer, at which point one of our (Big M1ke, Komisarek8, Mike Komisarek) will beat them savagely. Then Necrophile will "dispose" of the bodies. After this, the coast will almost be clear, but just to be sure we will send Andrei Kastsitsyn on the ice to fake an epileptic seizure, at which point no one will be paying attention to McPhee, who will safely store the SACRED PRETZEL .

It must be done...
Hey what about me!? I am a follower of the SAcred Pretzel. I want to help. Can I at least poke the bodies with a tree branch or something?

Closed Thread