HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Superstition

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 06:37 AM
All-Star

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Have you ever seen the so-called sacred pretzel? Have you even seen a photo of it ? If you ever do see a pic of it, how do you know it's not a fake? What with this pretzel being McPhee's claim to fame, I wouldn't put it past him to "enhance" certain details (although he's far from a technical wizard, he might corrupt someone who is - no offense, McPhee).
The Sacred Pretzel is like one of the ancient gods... The more people believe; the stronger and more real it gets. Turn away from your erring ways, and all will be forgiven.

All Hail The Pretzel!!!

Old
12-11-2003, 06:39 AM
Darz

Phhh.......whose ever heard of a lucky sweater, or a lucky hat. Those things are just meaningless little posessions that people attach a 'lucky' tag to. They truthfully have no powers. What we are talking about in THIS case is a pretzel that kinda looks like the habs logo.

It has been foretold about for a long time. I remember watching an old Dick Irvin Sr. interview where he spoke about the coming of a salted snack in the shape of the habs logo, I believe Howie Morenz's last words were 'Find the pretzel', Aurel Joliat was overheard saying he hoped he could live long enough to get a chance to see the sacred pretzel.

I recall after the '93 cup win the Rocket stating there would be no more Cup wins until the pretzel was found and it's security was to be the habs fans greatest challenge, as without the salty grail all would be lost. He spoke of a dark era (Houle) followed by a slow rise again to glory. He also spoke of a dark presents that would arise after the finding of the preztel and that it would take over the weaker hab fans and turn them against the pretzel.

The words 'To you from failing hands we throw' is about the passage of the pretzel. If we fail, we not only spiral the habs franchise into doom, we let down all hab fans past and present.

WE MUST NOT FAIL.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:52 AM
Démon Blond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Phhh.......whose ever heard of a lucky sweater, or a lucky hat. Those things are just meaningless little posessions that people attach a 'lucky' tag to. They truthfully have no powers. What we are talking about in THIS case is a pretzel that kinda looks like the habs logo.

It has been foretold about for a long time. I remember watching an old Dick Irvin Sr. interview where he spoke about the coming of a salted snack in the shape of the habs logo, I believe Howie Morenz's last words were 'Find the pretzel', Aurel Joliat was overheard saying he hoped he could live long enough to get a chance to see the sacred pretzel.

I recall after the '93 cup win the Rocket stating there would be no more Cup wins until the pretzel was found and it's security was to be the habs fans greatest challenge, as without the salty grail all would be lost. He spoke of a dark era (Houle) followed by a slow rise again to glory. He also spoke of a dark presents that would arise after the finding of the preztel and that it would take over the weaker hab fans and turn them against the pretzel.

The words 'To you from failing hands we throw' is about the passage of the pretzel. If we fail, we not only spiral the habs franchise into doom, we let down all hab fans past and present.

WE MUST NOT FAIL.
*Salutes*

Reporting for duty, Sir! I shall guard the Sacred Pretzel with my life!

LONG LIVE THE HABS AND THE SACRED PRETZEL!

Old
12-11-2003, 06:56 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:

WE MUST NOT FAIL.
Oh learned one, see if you can figure out what this refers to :

BITE ME !

Old
12-11-2003, 07:57 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:

BITE ME !
Have faith fellow brother. Have faith in the Pretzel.

Old
12-11-2003, 09:02 AM
Darz

Quote:

BITE ME !
The dark side has seemed to tightened it's grip on our good friend Gros Bill.

We need to get a high priest in here to perform some sort of exorcism and bring Bill back from the dark side. I'd do it but I don't know the chants and so forth. Maybe Brisebois can try his luck at it, as I have just named him the High Priest of the Sacred Pretzel.

Not sure what has given me the powers to name him that, but....

Old
12-11-2003, 09:36 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:

We need to get a high priest in here to perform some sort of exorcism and bring Bill back from the dark side. I'd do it but I don't know the chants and so forth. Maybe Brisebois can try his luck at it, as I have just named him the High Priest of the Sacred Pretzel.

You named Brisebois High Priest ??? What's the matter with you, he's a rabbi, for cripes' sakes ! (no offence intended, Brisebois). Maybe if it was a sacred bagel ...

Old
12-11-2003, 09:53 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Maybe if it was a sacred bagel ...
Bagel Shmagel

Eat the bagel pretender; worship the Sacred Pretzel!!!

Old
12-11-2003, 10:01 AM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
This pretzel is truly special

Old
12-11-2003, 10:17 AM
habfan4

Quote:
You named Brisebois High Priest ??? What's the matter with you, he's a rabbi, for cripes' sakes ! (no offence intended, Brisebois). Maybe if it was a sacred bagel ...
I've gotten go with Gros Bill on this one.

Perhaps Brisebois should be relabeled the "Mystic Overseer of the Sacred Pretzel" - it's a nondenominational title.

Old
12-11-2003, 10:18 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
I've just finished reading the whole 4 pages and came up with the conclusion that you guys are on crack.

In related news, where do I sign?!?!?

Old
12-11-2003, 10:19 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
I've just finished reading the whole 4 pages and came up with the conclusion that you guys on crack.

In related news, where do I sign up?!?!?
You dont signup.. you just believe! Believe in the Pretzel and all it's glory!

Old
12-11-2003, 10:29 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Do I have to shave my pube and give all my possessions to Julien or something?

Just to make it official....

Old
12-11-2003, 10:37 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
I've gotten go with Gros Bill on this one.

Perhaps Brisebois should be relabeled the "Mystic Overseer of the Sacred Pretzel" - it's a nondenominational title.
Alright, let it be known that Brisebois has been given the title of 'Mystic Overseer of the Sacred Pretzel'

Also habfan4 has been given the title of 'Guy who figures out cool titles for other posters' Of course I assume he'll change thar title to something that sounds better than that.

Gros Bill still keeps his title as 'the non believer'

Old
12-11-2003, 10:44 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Alright, let it be known that Brisebois has been given the title of 'Mystic Overseer of the Sacred Pretzel'

Also habfan4 has been given the title of 'Guy who figures out cool titles for other posters' Of course I assume he'll change thar title to something that sounds better than that.

Gros Bill still keeps his title as 'the non believer'
I resent that. I believe in the Canadiens, not in some oversalted, carb-laden JUNKfood.

Pagans, all of you.

Old
12-11-2003, 11:11 AM
habfan4

Quote:
I resent that. I believe in the Canadiens, not in some oversalted, carb-laden JUNKfood.

Pagans, all of you.
The Sacred Pretzel is not JUNKfood - You Blasphemer!

You realize you're only making it worse on yourself.

Old
12-11-2003, 01:23 PM
Necrophile

Non-believing fools! Behold my new avatar, and bow down to the great might of the Sacred Pretzel .

You are not worthy of a picture of the Pretzel itself, but my new avatar is a representation of McPhee using it for ritual purposes.

If you want the full animation (GIF), I can send it to you by e-mail!

Old
12-11-2003, 03:20 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
OH-MI-GOSH!!!

Look what I just found!!! could this be our sacred pretzel??????????

Old
12-11-2003, 03:33 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

( again )

Old
12-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:

WE MUST NOT FAIL.
Ah Darz, you are the learned one.

Legend has it that shortly after J. Ambrose O'Brien founded the Montreal Canadiens, he was stopped on a dark street one night by a shadowy and mysterious figure. That shadowy and mysterious figure, who in fact was the local pretzel maker, foretold the many successes of the Montreal franchise. He also foretold of the dark era, and the coming of the pretzel, approximately 10 years after their 24th Stanley Cup.

McPhee, you are indeed the chosen one, and your time has come. You will lead us from the darkness of mediocrity, into the bright light of a better day. At certain times during the Habs season, you must wear the pretzel as a talisman, to ward off evil spirits. You will know when to wear it, the powers that be will guide you.

DO NOT WEAR THE PRETZEL WHEN YOU FEED THE GOATS!!!

Ah, the sacred pretzel has surfaced, the universe is unfolding as it should.....

Old
12-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
DO NOT WEAR THE PRETZEL WHEN YOU FEED THE GOATS!!!
Wiser words have never been spoken.

mcphee, I have received a reply to my prayers. G-d tells me that you are 'the one'.

It is time. Use the pretzel wisely.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Just read through the last few pages of this thread...I don`t think I`ve ever read so many consecutive posts that made me laugh. And since I`ve been a beliver since day 1....when do I get my cool nicname

I BELIEVE HALLELUIA

Old
12-11-2003, 06:52 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

the mission ; protect the pretzel againts the dark side....

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 12-11-2003 at 07:06 PM.
Old
12-12-2003, 03:15 AM
mcphee

It all started when I bought the pretzels because they were on sale. The chosen one is cheap. I've always known that a purpose in my life would someday be revealed. I guess world hunger will have to wait. I'm afraid that "The Pretzel" cannot be hid in the Bell Centre this weekend. If Bowie cancels his show, "The Pretzel" will spend time in a 21 year old flower child's NDG appartment, where I suspect that her roomates are infidels. I will wait in my fortress, until I receive a sign. on a more pressing matter, we must help retrieve Bill from the forces that have taken over his will. We must confront Bill, or Scmiegel, or whatever he is going by. My sources tell me that he is in a rooming house near the old Forum under the alias, Larry Hillman.

Old
12-12-2003, 03:28 AM
Gros Bill

Pretzels? We don't need no stinkin' pretzels !

Closed Thread