HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Superstition

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2003, 10:01 AM
All-Star

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Some of you have really tough nuts to crack
Injuries + ? = 2 games > .500 (since the Sacred Pretzel was found...)

? can only be equal to one of two things:
1 - Addition by Substraction
2 - Sacred Pretzel

Considering the fact that Begin and Brisebois have been some of the steadiest players since the start of the season, I don't think the first option can be true, therefore, it has to be option 2!

Injuries + Sacred Pretzel = 2 games > .500

Now imagine what ? would be without the injuries:

Sacred Pretzel = ? games > .500

It just boggles the mind!

All Hail the Sacred Pretzel!!!

Old
12-19-2003, 10:22 AM
Gros Bill

Go easy on the eggnog, there, All-Star.

Old
12-19-2003, 10:29 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Some of you have really tough nuts to crack
Ouch...

Hopefully you meant "some of you "are" tough nuts to crack".

Old
12-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Ouch...

Hopefully you meant "some of you "are" tough nuts to crack".

Don't worry, I know what I was saying, I always proof-read what I'm right. .

Old
12-19-2003, 10:44 AM
Habsfunk

I've got a superstition this year involving Theodore. I've got him on my fantasy team (as well as Turco and Kiprusoff). Well, early in the year I was riding Turco for the first few weeks as I expected him to pick things up. Meanwhile Theo was racking up several wins. Finally I get sick of losing points so I start Theo as my goalie and he had those back to back games where he gave up 11 goals. So back on the bench he goes and the Habs start doing ok again. Turco continues to suck so Theo goes back in and has some more bad games. By this point I had picked up Kiprusoff, so all is well. Well, last night I see Habs vs Preds and considering Theo's play of late I decided to start him. What happens? He gets injured in the warmup and gives up 2 goals on 4 shots.

In total I think Theodore has won one game for me this year. I've had him on the bench for every one of his shutouts. Anyways, I've decided to trade him so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Its too much of a headache to deal with. I figure as long as he's not the starting goalie for my fantasy team the Habs should be fine.

Old
12-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfunk
I've got a superstition this year involving Theodore. I've got him on my fantasy team (as well as Turco and Kiprusoff). Well, early in the year I was riding Turco for the first few weeks as I expected him to pick things up. Meanwhile Theo was racking up several wins. Finally I get sick of losing points so I start Theo as my goalie and he had those back to back games where he gave up 11 goals. So back on the bench he goes and the Habs start doing ok again. Turco continues to suck so Theo goes back in and has some more bad games. By this point I had picked up Kiprusoff, so all is well. Well, last night I see Habs vs Preds and considering Theo's play of late I decided to start him. What happens? He gets injured in the warmup and gives up 2 goals on 4 shots.

In total I think Theodore has won one game for me this year. I've had him on the bench for every one of his shutouts. Anyways, I've decided to trade him so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Its too much of a headache to deal with. I figure as long as he's not the starting goalie for my fantasy team the Habs should be fine.
I'm glad you're doing your part to help the team win, Habsfunk, and not resorting to lame "rituals" and beleafs (sic).

Old
12-19-2003, 12:50 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Go easy on the eggnog, there, All-Star.
I was just doing my part to steer the thread away from Mcphee's fishnet stockings and you cracking people's nuts.:p

Old
12-22-2003, 08:22 AM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfunk

YOU STUPID CATTERPILLAR-DANDRUFF!

YOU SHOULD HAVE PLACED HIM AS BACK-UP GOALIE AGAIN!

Now we're jinxed for sure!!!

Old
12-22-2003, 08:30 AM
Darz

So, what's new in the world of the Sacred Pretzel???

Any updates there, Mcphee???

Old
12-22-2003, 08:50 AM
mcphee

Still keeping a low profile, waiting to slip into the Bell Center. can't hold out much longer. I did notice in our local independant grocer that no name pretzels were on sasle for .79/bag. Coincidence ? Is Markov involved ?

Old
12-23-2003, 03:47 AM
Gros Bill

Here are a final few notes about “The Pretzel Affair”.

I warned you all that it might be trap, set by Leafs’ fans, and look what happened. Lo and Behold, after a half decent game of hockey against one of the NHL’s hottest teams (the dreaded Maple Maybe Leafs) , a lucky bounce steals the point we should have stolen. Was it a grain of salt from your f** pretzel that made that puck bounce like that ? Look what your idle idolatry gave us : nothing. That pretzel is finito, over and out. Let’s not talk such foolishness again.

And now for a true heart-warming Christmas story :

It was the week before the night before Christmas. I was clipping my toenails, getting ready for all the celebrations. And something weird happened. All of a sudden, a vision appeared on my toe : Toe!

It was a magical moment, I felt transmogorified. I actually felt that I was cutting the hat off Toe Blake’s head, I swear to Rocket! Toe kept saying “Ouch ! Not so close”, and he kept scowling, his bulldog face staring back at me on my toe. On my Toe! It was eerie. And that’s when he said it, he said one last word, he said “Skate”. Ooooh, scary!

Well, needless to say, I have deposited the Sacred Christmas ToeNail Clipping, as some of you would call it, where it belongs (compost heap). As I have also kept the Sacred Toe where it belongs (attached to my foot).

I will finish with my good wishes for a Happy Christmas to all Habs fans, of all persuasions. Most of all, I wish you a Happy Hockey 2004, with the Canadiens in the playoffs and a crazy Cup run. And stay away from pretzels!

Old
12-23-2003, 04:19 AM
Darz

Uh...Bill. You might want to make an appointment to see someone. I mean it's cool and all that you have this sacred toenail, (at this point I'm humoring Bill, if ya can't tell) but to have your toe actually talk to you????

I think either you need a long vacation in the happy room OR this is a sign from the hab gods telling you to right your ways and to follow the pretzel. It's not to late Bill.......come back to us!!!!

Old
12-23-2003, 04:49 AM
mcphee

For God's sake Bill, pretzels are the lowest cholesterol snack food. Get a grip man.

Old
12-23-2003, 04:59 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
For God's sake Bill, pretzels are the lowest cholesterol snack food. Get a grip man.
Oh yeah ? Well, toenails have 0 cholesterol and are a good source of protein !

Old
12-23-2003, 05:25 AM
Darz

Quote:
Oh yeah ? Well, toenails have 0 cholesterol and are a good source of protein !

Yes, but they taste disgusting (so I've heard) and have never been considered SACRED!!!!

Now if you show me a toenail clipping that looks like the habs logo, I might change my mind, but until then.......

Old
12-23-2003, 05:35 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Yes, but they taste disgusting (so I've heard) and have never been considered SACRED!!!!

Now if you show me a toenail clipping that looks like the habs logo, I might change my mind, but until then.......
Merry Christmas anyways, Pretzel putz. :p

Old
12-23-2003, 05:38 AM
Darz

Quote:
Merry Christmas anyways, Pretzel putz. :p
Marry Christmas to you as well Mr. non-believer.

*Is it just me, or have you looked at preztels in a whole new light this past week or so.*

Oh yeah, the habs record since the Sacred Preztel was found:

5W-3L-1T...pretty good.

Last edited by Darz: 12-23-2003 at 05:44 AM.
Old
12-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Hey Darz...

How about posting Souray's points since the pretzel was found?

Old
12-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
Hey Darz...

Since the salty grail has been found Sheldon Souray has scored 4 goals and added 6 assits for 10 points, in 9 games played. Saku Koivu and Mike Ribiero have each posted 9 points each since the Sacred Pretzel was discovered. Jose Theodore has played well posting a 4-2-1 mark and increasing his save percentage by .002.

...and yet some still choose NOT to believe.

Old
12-23-2003, 09:28 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
Hey Darz...

I think the Sacred Pretzel hasnt even reached it's peak mystical powers yet. After Festivus, the Pretzel will lead us to glory! Believe it!

It will be a Festivus Miracle!

Old
01-07-2004, 06:00 AM
Gros Bill

Pssst ! Pssssst! Where's the pretzel? Toe wants a pretzel.

Closed Thread