HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Peter Forsberg(again, rumors)

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Stranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czecher View Post
Glad someone has a sense of humor.
Sorry but our sense of humor stopped somewhere around the Tennessean's two recent articles attempting to scare the crap out of Nashvillians into not supporting this team anymore.

The little attendance/crappy hockey city jabs grow very old after a while.

Old
02-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Czecher

I understand. I don't think that little jab would scare anyone, though, considering I doubt many people even read that column, and if someone who didn't already like the Preds did read it, they wouldn't get it.

I posted that story on another message board and a few people got very nasty. I was just saying I was glad someone realized it was a joke. Maybe a bad one, but still a joke.

Old
02-14-2007, 05:27 PM
John Flyers Fan

How much pressure is there on the Preds to have a long playoff run this year ???

I don't mean just a "we're good enough to make along run" type of pressure ... but, we need to make something happen, to draw fan interest/attention ... to fill the building, etc. ???

Does Leipold feel that this year is crucial to the long term success of the organization ??

Is Polie under any extra pressure, to make something happen this year ??

Old
02-14-2007, 05:39 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
How much pressure is there on the Preds to have a long playoff run this year ???

I don't mean just a "we're good enough to make along run" type of pressure ... but, we need to make something happen, to draw fan interest/attention ... to fill the building, etc. ???

Does Leipold feel that this year is crucial to the long term success of the organization ??

Is Polie under any extra pressure, to make something happen this year ??
I don't think he'd ever admit to such, and I don't know that it's that dire...but I do think they recognize that this year CAN'T end in a one-and-done for the third year in a row. That's the biggest thing that makes me believe that Poile is placing this Forsberg business as "very important."

Old
02-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Czecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Sorry but our sense of humor stopped somewhere around the Tennessean's two recent articles attempting to scare the crap out of Nashvillians into not supporting this team anymore.

The little attendance/crappy hockey city jabs grow very old after a while.
One last thing: I think this gets forgotten by fans in smaller markets, but I live in New York, where the Rangers sell out every game but the team still gets very little respect. The Knicks, despite absolutley sucking for the second year in a row, get much more attention and coverage. And people around here, for the most part, laugh when they hear I'm a hockey fan. Did you know the L.A. Times has stopped sending a writer to Kings' away games? Talk about a jab!

So, take heart Preds fans, it's not just you. It's the sport as a whole that's dealing with this.

Old
02-14-2007, 05:50 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I don't think he'd ever admit to such, and I don't know that it's that dire...but I do think they recognize that this year CAN'T end in a one-and-done for the third year in a row. That's the biggest thing that makes me believe that Poile is placing this Forsberg business as "very important."
Winning the division becomes huge then. Not that anyone will be easy, but that 4/5 series is going to be a killer. A very good team is going to be gone in round one.

I'm also of the opinion that the Wings have no shot to win the Cup.

Old
02-14-2007, 05:55 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czecher View Post
One last thing: I think this gets forgotten by fans in smaller markets, but I live in New York, where the Rangers sell out every game but the team still gets very little respect. The Knicks, despite absolutley sucking for the second year in a row, get much more attention and coverage. And people around here, for the most part, laugh when they hear I'm a hockey fan. Did you know the L.A. Times has stopped sending a writer to Kings' away games? Talk about a jab!

So, take heart Preds fans, it's not just you. It's the sport as a whole that's dealing with this.
I'm a Preds fan in NYC as well, and I know what you mean. I was listening to 1050 the other morning, and they were talking about various streaks in major American sports, and trying to think of what was most impressive...the Yankees were mentioned, the Celtics...and one of the guys said, "The Islanders won 13 straight playoff series, back in the 80s" and the other guy laughed and said, "I said major AMERICAN sports, not major CANADIAN sports" and they both laughed. "Yeah, I'm sure someone has an impressive darts record, or an unbeatable bocce ball streak, if we're going outside of the major sports"

Old
02-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Mythology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Poile & Trotz will determine how close we are to winning the cup. If they feel we have a legitimate chance this year, Poile will pull the trigger. If he thinks that we are a year away then you won't see a deal like this made.

I think Poile and Trotz know the Predators a little better than the rest of us on here.
I disagree. A legitimate chance this year? The Preds are one of the top, if not the top team in the league. Thatís a fact. Forsberg is one of the top players, if not the best player in the league, and definitely the best that might be traded by the deadline. Thatís another fact. Forget legitimate chance, I am sure I am not alone in the opinion that adding Forsberg make the Preds the favorite. Best team + best player = favorite. Can you be more legitimate than favorite? How much of a bigger legitimate chance do you think they want to make a bold move?
A year away? Free agency in the new NHL changes the landscape so much everybody, even the Flyers are a year away. Worst to first is a very real possibility. Uncertainty is the only thing certain about next season.

Old
02-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Chiringuito

The Flyers need defensive help - not more forwards. I haven't seen Weber play, but to put him in the same sentence as Phaneuf is something.

So I ask this another way - Forsberg + what = Weber?

Forsberg + Flyers first round pick (likely first overall) = Weber?

Curious to see the value placed on Weber.

Old
02-15-2007, 12:10 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiringuito View Post
The Flyers need defensive help - not more forwards. I haven't seen Weber play, but to put him in the same sentence as Phaneuf is something.

So I ask this another way - Forsberg + what = Weber?

Forsberg + Flyers first round pick (likely first overall) = Weber?

Curious to see the value placed on Weber.
I don't think there's anything I can imagine that would have us part with Weber. Watching him shut down Joe Thornton tonight, outmuscle him, neutralize him...there's little that could bring back something like that. I would say Weber to us is what Malkin is to the Pens. He's the first Predator...prospect or otherwise...that I think has real potential to be not just a star, but a true SUPERstar.

Old
02-15-2007, 12:12 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I don't think there's anything I can imagine that would have us part with Weber. Watching him shut down Joe Thornton tonight, outmuscle him, neutralize him...there's little that could bring back something like that. I would say Weber to us is what Malkin is to the Pens. He's the first Predator...prospect or otherwise...that I think has real potential to be not just a star, but a true SUPERstar.
I'll add...if you guys need the help as bad as you suggest...hopefully the Flyers aren't turning their nose up at Ryan Parent. I'd hate to lose him, but in terms of pure shutdown guys, he's going to be a special one.

Old
02-15-2007, 06:02 AM
Mythology

Quote:
I'll add...if you guys need the help as bad as you suggest...hopefully the Flyers aren't turning their nose up at Ryan Parent. I'd hate to lose him, but in terms of pure shutdown guys, he's going to be a special one.
I agree that Parent is going to be a very good player. I don't think he can be the center piece. Holgren has received the vote of no confidence from Snider. If he trades Forsberg what he gets in return is probably the deterring factor if he is back as GM. Parent at this time doesn't make enough of a splash. Holmgren needs a player back he can show case now as part of the return. He needs at least one player that goes in to the Flyers line up right away, a very good player.

Old
02-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythology View Post
I agree that Parent is going to be a very good player. I don't think he can be the center piece. Holgren has received the vote of no confidence from Snider. If he trades Forsberg what he gets in return is probably the deterring factor if he is back as GM. Parent at this time doesn't make enough of a splash. Holmgren needs a player back he can show case now as part of the return. He needs at least one player that goes in to the Flyers line up right away, a very good player.
Your best bet on the Preds to do that is, as I alluded to earlier, Klein and Upshall. Both have great speed and should excel in the eastern conference.

02-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Thundermare

Quote:
SO TOTALLY AGREE!!!

The two player I wouldn't deal under any condition would be him and Radu... hek I'd say that even Suter could move for the right combo... but no way I'd trade Weber or Radu

Old
02-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythology View Post
Good luck with that then.

Old
02-15-2007, 02:53 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5491

Take it with a grain of salt though.

Old
02-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post

Rumor Mongerers shall be strung up by their balls!

Old
02-15-2007, 03:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

even if it is eklund, i'm relieved to be seeing radulov out of the equation and parent inserted, whether or not it's credible.

Old
02-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Stranger

Quote:
even if it is eklund, i'm relieved to be seeing radulov out of the equation and parent inserted, whether or not it's credible.
I wasn't worried when he mentioned Radulov. Now that his name is off the list, he is probably in the deal.

Old
02-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:

If he comes to HF to rip off hypothetical proposals, I wouldn't even be suprised. I've made two proposals where Parent is traded to Philadelphia, the most recent of which was actually probable.

Old
02-15-2007, 03:58 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger's Pancreas View Post
If he comes to HF to rip off hypothetical proposals, I wouldn't even be suprised. I've made two proposals where Parent is traded to Philadelphia, the most recent of which was actually probable.
Thats an E4 right.

Old
02-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Thats an E4 right.
e4.5C

Old
02-15-2007, 04:23 PM
handtrick

Up to this point, Eklund's info regarding Pred involvement has directly paralleled my conversations with sources who deny direct links to him [eklund].

That being said....if the sticking point is no longer Radulov, and has moved to Parent as the centerpiece plus....., the likelihood of something ultimately going down with Forsberg going to the Preds has dramatically increased.

Last edited by handtrick: 02-15-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old
02-15-2007, 04:58 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

I posted an article on Forsberg over at www.dobberhockey.com a few days ago.. covering his fantasy impact as well as what his value may be.

I talked to a few Flyer fans around the net and convinced them they would not be recieveing Weber and most likely not Radulov.

I still think it is going to be Parent+1st+later pick.

Franson does not have Parent`s name value and the Preds might value his ultimate upside more. Parent surely has more trade value as well.

Imagine try to match up against the Preds with a dominant trio of centres Forsberg, Arnott, and Legwand in a shutdown role.

Old
02-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Nashville108*

foppa will be a pred. book it.

Closed Thread