HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Going Pro: Who Signed With Whom?

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanlambert

K..if he does go, they are dropping like flies there and i wouldn't be surprised if Kessel leaves and Johnson never comes depending upon where they are drafted.

Old
04-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky
K..if he does go, they are dropping like flies there and i wouldn't be surprised if Kessel leaves and Johnson never comes depending upon where they are drafted.
Totally agree.

Old
04-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux
I read on another web site that he did leave.Must be the money because he is at least 2 years away yet and that is if he ever gets to the NHL.
As a NorDak fan, I figured you would have seen Chucko enough to know that his game translates very well to the NHL, it's just a matter of what line he ends up. At the worst he's going to be a 3rd/4th line grinder, at best a 2nd line power forward type. He has underrated offensive abilities and is a solid two way player. It's too bad too many people going only on things they read and hear instead of actually seeing him because he's not as poor offensively as everyone says.

Old
04-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
As a NorDak fan, I figured you would have seen Chucko enough to know that his game translates very well to the NHL, it's just a matter of what line he ends up. At the worst he's going to be a 3rd/4th line grinder, at best a 2nd line power forward type. He has underrated offensive abilities and is a solid two way player. It's too bad too many people going only on things they read and hear instead of actually seeing him because he's not as poor offensively as everyone says.
I guess if you call 4 goals for the year a great offensive year so be it.He has been known to get injured quite a bit also.Yes I know he is a grinder that's why I think he would of fit better in the SIOUX system rather than the goofers.Good luck to the kid if he did sign.

Old
04-22-2006, 09:30 AM
PuckFan01

Chucko's status as a 1st rounder got him a better deal than Irmen and Potulny. A pretty sweet deal for a guy who achieved far less than the other two in college.

Calgary must have wanted him pretty badly because he didn't achieve much in college. Offensively, he was a bust and will be easy to replace for Minnesota. The guy above who says Chucko's offense is underrated has got to be joking. The guy has not shown very good hands, he isn't much of a playmaker and his shot is merely decent. He has grinder and defensive forward written all over him.

But he was a hard worker and a good character player. I hope he has better fortune on the next level.

Old
04-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
The Chucko signing is official.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163517&hubname=

Old
04-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs 10
Ha ha ha ha! Toronto DESERVES the crap pile that is Robbie Earl! He will get along just fine with such stellar people as Darcy "The Diver" Tucker and "Railroad" Tie Dummy! Earl is a perfect example of all that is wrong with hockey at times: a whiner, a DIVER (he got called for it many, many times this year alone!), and a baby who can't take a hit without crying about it. Cudos to the Badgers for winning, but this guy is a PUNK. I wish Toronto luck with this clown!

Welcome to a one-way ticket to my ignore list.

EDIT: I cannot stand Earl either. Guess we have something in common.

Old
04-23-2006, 10:52 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
I think alot of people had Chucko all wrong. He came to Minny and the NCAA to become better at the skating and finesse parts of the game. To me he is like a pitcher working on a new pitch in spring training. He will get rocked and look out of place. But in 2-3 years that pitch makes it into his regular arsenal and he is a 20 game winner. Chucko to me was never going to shine. But he did get better and added more to his game. When he can go all out physically and drop the gloves again. I think he will he be looked a lot differently.

Old
04-24-2006, 03:47 PM
southpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher
I think alot of people had Chucko all wrong. He came to Minny and the NCAA to become better at the skating and finesse parts of the game. To me he is like a pitcher working on a new pitch in spring training. He will get rocked and look out of place. But in 2-3 years that pitch makes it into his regular arsenal and he is a 20 game winner. Chucko to me was never going to shine. But he did get better and added more to his game. When he can go all out physically and drop the gloves again. I think he will he be looked a lot differently.
yes, but while those pitchers also work on new pitches... they actually get better at their current pitches. they don't put throwing a fastball off, so they can learn to throw a sweet slider.

you can say he came to college to work on his finesse and his skating, and i'm sure he got better in both aspects. but we're talking about someone who put up 87 points in 53 games with salmon arm. then turns around and has 22 points in 43 games for the gophers and then 13 points in 33 games as a sophomore. call it a sophomore slump, fine... but don't call it "working on finesse and skating." he vastly underachieved at the college level and you can probably attribute it to two reasons.
1) the bchl isn't the hardest league. it's a bit of a hit and miss, but for the most part you'll ususally get some good players.
2) chucko didn't fit lucia's style of play. lucia enjoys an offensive minded, speed team. chucko is built and his skills are more suited for a cycling offense that bangs in the corners and wears guys out.

he'll most likely be a 3rd/2nd liner in the nhl after a year in the ahl. he'll be way better than his stats at umn showed, as long as he can keep his temper in check. but if i was a gopher fan, i'd be extremely dissapointed with how he turned out and while i hate to see guys leave college early for the nhl, you can't blame him with how much money was thrown at him.

Old
04-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw
yes, but while those pitchers also work on new pitches... they actually get better at their current pitches. they don't put throwing a fastball off, so they can learn to throw a sweet slider.

you can say he came to college to work on his finesse and his skating, and i'm sure he got better in both aspects. but we're talking about someone who put up 87 points in 53 games with salmon arm. then turns around and has 22 points in 43 games for the gophers and then 13 points in 33 games as a sophomore. call it a sophomore slump, fine... but don't call it "working on finesse and skating." he vastly underachieved at the college level and you can probably attribute it to two reasons.
1) the bchl isn't the hardest league. it's a bit of a hit and miss, but for the most part you'll ususally get some good players.
2) chucko didn't fit lucia's style of play. lucia enjoys an offensive minded, speed team. chucko is built and his skills are more suited for a cycling offense that bangs in the corners and wears guys out.

he'll most likely be a 3rd/2nd liner in the nhl after a year in the ahl. he'll be way better than his stats at umn showed, as long as he can keep his temper in check. but if i was a gopher fan, i'd be extremely dissapointed with how he turned out and while i hate to see guys leave college early for the nhl, you can't blame him with how much money was thrown at him.
Exactly.That's why I said he would have fit in the Fighting Sioux program better because they continuosly cycle the puck.

Old
04-24-2006, 08:06 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw

If you are comparing him to Zajac in a sense using Salmon Arm. Zajac is older by almost a full year. I guess my point about spring training is that the NCAA for Kris is his spring training. He knew he was going to Olympic ice, he knew he was going to play a fast tempo game, he knew he would have to work his butt off. I think he made himself be a better skater, passer, and defensive player.

I liked Chucko and thought he was one of our better players. Did he score, no. But he checked hard, layed people out, always went 100%, cycled well did everything else but score. I think we were better when Chucko was on the ice.

I really wish the gophers could have traded Chucko for Stafford. Stafford seemed primed for the gophers up and down game and Chucko for NoDaks cycle game.

Old
04-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckFan01
Chucko's status as a 1st rounder got him a better deal than Irmen and Potulny. A pretty sweet deal for a guy who achieved far less than the other two in college.

Calgary must have wanted him pretty badly because he didn't achieve much in college. Offensively, he was a bust and will be easy to replace for Minnesota. The guy above who says Chucko's offense is underrated has got to be joking. The guy has not shown very good hands, he isn't much of a playmaker and his shot is merely decent. He has grinder and defensive forward written all over him.

But he was a hard worker and a good character player. I hope he has better fortune on the next level.
No I'm not joking. I saw Chucko play a handful of times last year and you can see that he has offensive ability. Everyone says he has none to speak of and that is just wrong. Hence the reason why his offensive abilities are underrated. I never said he was an offensive star, I never said he would be one. I simply said he has ability to put up points. He's never going to be a big star, but I can see him putting up 20 goals in the NHL, he has that ability. And if you dont' think so, maybe you need to pay closer attention to him then when you watch him, if you have watched him.

Old
04-25-2006, 10:30 AM
southpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher
If you are comparing him to Zajac in a sense using Salmon Arm. Zajac is older by almost a full year. I guess my point about spring training is that the NCAA for Kris is his spring training. He knew he was going to Olympic ice, he knew he was going to play a fast tempo game, he knew he would have to work his butt off. I think he made himself be a better skater, passer, and defensive player.

I liked Chucko and thought he was one of our better players. Did he score, no. But he checked hard, layed people out, always went 100%, cycled well did everything else but score. I think we were better when Chucko was on the ice.

I really wish the gophers could have traded Chucko for Stafford. Stafford seemed primed for the gophers up and down game and Chucko for NoDaks cycle game.
The fact that he's a year younger than Zajac and still put up those numbers (about 30 fewer than Zajac) should have meant he had a great offensive upside. Zajac hasn't had the scoring touch that many thought he would, but offensively he's heads and shoulders above Chucko (at least in college).

Old
04-25-2006, 01:10 PM
PuckFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
No I'm not joking. I saw Chucko play a handful of times last year and you can see that he has offensive ability. Everyone says he has none to speak of and that is just wrong. Hence the reason why his offensive abilities are underrated. I never said he was an offensive star, I never said he would be one. I simply said he has ability to put up points. He's never going to be a big star, but I can see him putting up 20 goals in the NHL, he has that ability. And if you dont' think so, maybe you need to pay closer attention to him then when you watch him, if you have watched him.
I saw pretty much every college game he played (many of them in person). Is that enough experience watching him?

I am not going to the point of saying he has no offensive ability at all. But he was a bust offensively in college. Particularly for a guy who was a 1st round pick and was put on a NCAA team that is known for scoring goals. I don't see a lot of offensive upside to his game. The only way I see him scoring as many goals as you are projecting is if he really scores a lot of garbage goals and tip ins. Unless Calgary is really hurting for talent at forward in the future, I doubt he is a guy who would see a lot of power play time.

And I am a person that really hopes he does well in the future. I'll be more than happy to be wrong as I want him to succeed. But I am also not biased about his future like a Flames fan is likely to be.

Old
04-27-2006, 11:35 AM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Chris Collins...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone signed this Hobey Baker finalist yet?

Old
04-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyorr4ever
Chris Collins...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone signed this Hobey Baker finalist yet?
No, not yet.

Old
05-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Inside College Hockey is reporting that MSU's Drew Miller has signed with Anaheim. Neither the Spartans nor LSJ sites have any reports on it yet. If they do, I'll post the link to the story.

Old
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Jori

Stafford signs with Buffalo

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/14490973.htm

Old
05-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/14490973.htm
Quote:
UND forward Drew Stafford signed a three-year professional contract with the Buffalo Sabres early Wednesday morning, foregoing his final year of eligibility at UND.

Stafford, who currently is in Riga, Lativa, playing at the World Championships, said he got "the best deal possible."

Old
05-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
Inside College Hockey is reporting that MSU's Drew Miller has signed with Anaheim. Neither the Spartans nor LSJ sites have any reports on it yet. If they do, I'll post the link to the story.
http://www.uscho.com/news/id,12603/M...ateForAHL.html

Old
05-25-2006, 03:36 AM
Rabid Husky

SCSU's Konrad Reeder has signed with Colorado of the CHL

http://www.coloradoeagles.com/news/?id=4713

Old
06-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Rabid Husky

SCSU's Billy Hengen has signed with New Mexico of the CHL

Old
06-13-2006, 05:48 AM
Rabid Husky

More Huskies signing....Jason Montgomery and Josh Singer have signed with Tulsa of the CHL

Old
06-28-2006, 02:07 AM
Rabid Husky

SCSU's T.J. McElroy has now signed with Greenville (ECHL)

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...106280016/1002

Old
07-03-2006, 02:51 AM
Rabid Husky

INCH has a new list of potential flight risks up

http://insidecollegehockey.com/7Arch...risks_0441.htm

Closed Thread