HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Going Pro: Who Signed With Whom?

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
Thanks Darth for the link.

Doyle Woody (he covers the Seawolves for the Anchorage Daily News) was mentioning in his article over on the ADN site today that about 4 NHL teams (he didn't specify which) have expressed serious interest in signing Curtis Glencross. (I'm assuming that Chris King sparked some interest as well).
What's the story on Glencross? I haven't heard much about him before this mention. Anyone with a scouting report, some reason why teams are so serious about getting him?

Old
03-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
What's the story on Glencross? I haven't heard much about him before this mention. Anyone with a scouting report, some reason why teams are so serious about getting him?
Glencross combines grit and physical play with some scoring touch. He led the Seawolves in both scoring (21G, 13A - 34 pts) and penalty minutes (79). If you want a more detailed report I'll be happy to put one together for you later.

This time of year many NHL teams' scouts, and even some GMs are checking out the NCAA crop (drafted or not). They like to see him them in post-season since it's close to FA time and the draft. Also, the level of competition/intensity of play is higher than in the regular season for obvious reasons.

Alaska-Anchorage was one of the biggest surprises of the WCHA Final Five. No one thought they would be there, let alone beat Wisconsin to get there. Glencross and especially senior goaltender Chris King were two of the best Seawolves players in the tourney.

Old
03-23-2004, 07:04 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Defenseman Nick Kuiper (UMass) signed with the Chicago Blackhawks, as did former Badger, Goaltender Michael Brodeur.

Old
03-23-2004, 07:52 PM
TMHUNH

Quote:
Defenseman Nick Kuiper (UMass) signed with the Chicago Blackhawks, as did former Badger, Goaltender Michael Brodeur.
LOL....Can we even call Brodeur a former Badger?? Fair enough I suppose...anyways I like this thread so I will add a few more that I don't believe have been mentioned.

Jeff Miles (Vermont) ---> Norfolk Admirals
Jason Platt (Providence) ----> Toronto Roadrunners
Brett Engelhardt (Mich Tech) ---> Philadelphia Phantoms

Miles and Platt tryout for their drafted teams, and Engelhardt leaves Mich Tech as a FA after a 4 year career.

Old
03-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Kritty

Thomas Pock has signed with the NY Rangers earlier today. He also scored his first NHL goal in his first NHL game tonight against Pittsburgh.

Old
03-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHUNH
LOL....Can we even call Brodeur a former Badger??
Well, maybe BRIEFLY :p

Old
03-23-2004, 09:50 PM
Hockeypuck

Greg Mauldin signed with Columbus today so it looks like a big signing day for UMass with Pock,Kuiper,and Mauldin all signing. It's too bad for UMass that Mauldin isn't coming back for his senior year.
http://www.masslive.com/umass/republ...7393139450.xml

Old
03-24-2004, 08:04 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Can anybody give a synopsis of Mauldin's skillset?
It looks like he will be given a brief tryout on the Columbus roster to finish the season.

Old
03-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Perry91502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Can anybody give a synopsis of Mauldin's skillset?
It looks like he will be given a brief tryout on the Columbus roster to finish the season.
Hes a good player. Goal scoring touch (at least in the College Game), and very aware in his own zone. He could be a steal with that 7th rd pick. I see him as a PJ Axellsson type player

Old
03-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Perry91502

Eric Pedersen (D, Merrimack College), was selected in the first round of the UHL draft on Tuesday. Good luck Pede!

Old
03-24-2004, 09:44 PM
TMHUNH

Matt Hendricks (St. Cloud) ----> Milwaukee
Gregg Johnson (BU) -----> Binghamton

Both drafted by the parent clubs.

Old
03-25-2004, 10:36 AM
finzup77r

Send a message via AIM to finzup77r
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHUNH
Matt Hendricks (St. Cloud) ----> Milwaukee
Gregg Johnson (BU) -----> Binghamton

Both drafted by the parent clubs.
Johnson getting signed kind of suprises me, he was great as a freshman but then tailed off and never really produced like he did. I guess it is only a minor league contract so it really isn't a big deal, if he can play like he did he would definetly be a help to them

Old
03-25-2004, 01:03 PM
finzup77r

Send a message via AIM to finzup77r
http://www.mightyducks.com/pressbox/...ody.asp?id=688

Curtis Glencross of UAA signs with Anaheim

Old
03-25-2004, 01:27 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

can anyone give me a rundown of Glencross?

Old
03-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Schlep Rock

Vince Macri (Brown) will be making his professional debut tonight with Bridgeport (AHL).

Old
03-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Go4Hockeychick

Send a message via AIM to Go4Hockeychick
Parise Gone

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...arise_0231.htm

good bye and good luck....however, The Parise vs Vanek arguement can now die. Vanek 1 Parise 0

edit: I'm surprised this hadn't been posted yet.....I heard about it when I woke up this morning. It was all over the radios in GF starting at about 8am.

Old
03-30-2004, 03:35 PM
jiggs 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4Hockeychick
http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...arise_0231.htm

good bye and good luck....however, The Parise vs Vanek arguement can now die. Vanek 1 Parise 0

edit: I'm surprised this hadn't been posted yet.....I heard about it when I woke up this morning. It was all over the radios in GF starting at about 8am.
More like Parise 1 Vanek 0, cause Zach's going to the NHL, while Vanek....isn't. :p
All kidding aside, it wasn't confirmed until about 3 PM Monday, when the Devils website finally posted it after a news conference. I was looking at numerous sites, including the nhl.com one for confirmation, but nothing until then. It's disappointing on one hand, but exciting on the other. Good luck to Zach. Now we'll HAVE to bring over that Slovakian player, Rastislav Spirko, this year, I guess, to try to off-set the loss.

Old
03-30-2004, 04:20 PM
ttnorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
Jeff Dwyer of Yale (Thrashers draft pick) just signed with the team's AHL affiliate Chicago Wolves. It's often a precursor to a contract, but not always. We'll see how he does.
Wouldn't it be kind of foolish to blow off a Yale degree for an ATO? Why play a few games and have to redo an entire semester unless you know the contract is there?

How's is he doing with the Wolves?

Old
03-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Anyone near Minnesota know what Tallackson is doing? I would really like him to turn pro considering the team Albany could ice next year.

Old
03-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Anyone near Minnesota know what Tallackson is doing? I would really like him to turn pro considering the team Albany could ice next year.
Well, I'm not near Minnesota but if I hear/read any rumblings on Tallackson possibly turning pro I'll be sure to pass it along to you ASAP.

Old
03-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Well, I'm not near Minnesota but if I hear/read any rumblings on Tallackson possibly turning pro I'll be sure to pass it along to you ASAP.
OK thnx

Old
03-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Kinger1

Syracuse Crunch signed Dartmouth captain Brian Van Abel to a free agent ameteur try-out. At 6-4" he might be the crease clearing stay at home dman the Crunch are sorely lacking.

CRUNCH SIGN VAN ABEL TO A.T.O.: The Crunch announced this morning that they have signed defenseman Brian Van Abel to an amatuer try-out agreement. A native of Lino Lakes, Minnesota, Van Abel appeared in 29 games with Dartmouth (ECAC), recording 1 goal, 8 assists and 16 penalty minutes.

Link

Old
03-30-2004, 10:36 PM
TMHUNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlep Rock
Vince Macri (Brown) will be making his professional debut tonight with Bridgeport (AHL).
And has already been released

Greg Hogeboom (Miami) -----> Manchester (AHL)

also...I have the skinny on some of the UNH senior's plans...but I won't say anything until they are announced, out of respect.

Old
03-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Go4Hockeychick

Send a message via AIM to Go4Hockeychick
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
As a Minnesota fan in Minnesota....Barry Tallackson is the last person we are worried about leaving early. I wouldn't expect it to happen.

Old
03-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4Hockeychick
As a Minnesota fan in Minnesota....Barry Tallackson is the last person we are worried about leaving early. I wouldn't expect it to happen.
We will be happy to take him and develop him in Albany. The guy has serious skills. I just don't see why it takes him till the playoffs to become motivated.

Closed Thread