HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Going Pro: Who Signed With Whom?

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
St. Cloud State's Bobby Goepfert will be available

Old
08-02-2007, 02:09 PM
togahcky21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAA Hockey Fan View Post
I'd disagree Teddy is a much more effective as a playmaker than he is a goal scorer. He was a playmaker in the USHL and this year he was at his best setting up versus scoring he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn most of the second half when he was trying to be a scorer.
Agreeded but hes a twig hope he gets a chance in the kings program with all the future and prospects there

Old
08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Paukovich signs with the Oilers.

Old
08-09-2007, 03:07 PM
atkinsj30

Harvard's Kevin Du signs with the Wheeling Nailers (ECHL).

Old
08-09-2007, 03:10 PM
atkinsj30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
Which college guys become available August 15? I know Drew Bagnall from SLU who won college defenceman of the year is still unsigned by the panthers, who can ill afford to pass on decent prospects......he will be available, curious if there are other quality players
I haven't seen any sign of Dylan Reese from Harvard signing with the Rangers yet. Has anyone heard anything there? I'd love to get this local product in a Penguins uniform.

As mentioned before SCSU G Bobby Goepfert will be available and the Pens have yet to sign Brown F Brian Ihnacak.

Old
08-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsj30 View Post
I haven't seen any sign of Dylan Reese from Harvard signing with the Rangers yet. Has anyone heard anything there? I'd love to get this local product in a Penguins uniform.

As mentioned before SCSU G Bobby Goepfert will be available and the Pens have yet to sign Brown F Brian Ihnacak.
From what I've been able to gather, Reese and the Rangers are pretty far apart (salary-wise) on getting a contract done. You should check out the Rangers board, they've been talking alot about Dylan's situation over there.

To be honest with you, I'm not sure if Pittsburgh will sign Ihnacak. After having good freshman and sophomore years, Brian's struggled to put up the numbers the last two seasons and his play has been average at best. He's been in and out of the Bears lineup the last two seasons as well. Not a positive sign when the NHL club holding your rights is looking to may be add you to their (pro) mix.

Old
08-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Canadien16

Goepfert won't have any problems signing somewhere he is a very talented goalie that just wasn't in the best of situations. Ihnacak had a slow last two years and that may have had to with the fact that him and the head coach did not see eye to eye. I would of agreed with you that Pittsburgh might not want to sign him had it not been for the rookie camp where he performed very well. It will be interesting to see how he does at the main camp...

Old
08-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Now former SCSU Husky Nate Raduns has signed a Try-Out Contract with the San Jose Sharks. You can read more about it
HERE

..and to those who haven't already heard/read

Geoff Paukovich left DU to sign with Edmonton. You can read about it HERE.

Old
08-10-2007, 08:22 PM
coloradorockies80

Lowell devils signed Jason Paige ( Notre Dame, mark pandolfo (former umass-lowell, played in Trenton ECHL last season), and Dave Caruso (former Ohio State goalie, played in ECHL last year).

Lowell Devils are the New Jersey Devils' AHL team. NJ Devils also own Trenton Devils (ECHL) where caruso is likely to play

Old
08-11-2007, 07:44 AM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Now former SCSU Husky Nate Raduns has signed a Try-Out Contract with the San Jose Sharks. You can read more about it
HERE

..and to those who haven't already heard/read

Geoff Paukovich left DU to sign with Edmonton. You can read about it HERE.
I would love to be at that camp because Matt Greene is going to clean his clock for the cheap hit from behind that almost ended Robbie Bina's carreer with the SIOUX.

Old
08-12-2007, 10:03 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Is the signing deadline on the 15th?

Old
08-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs View Post
Is the signing deadline on the 15th?

For drafted graduated NCAA seniors? Yes it is; after the deadline has passed they become free agents.

Old
08-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Jori

Jim O'Brien leaves the Gophers; signs a contract with the Sens. He'll likely be with Seattle (WHL) next season.

Old
08-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Rabid Husky

Being reported on the blog for the SCSU beat writer that Bobby Goepfert has signed a one year deal with the Ducks.

http://65.36.138.212/publicus/blog/r...ogID=3&ID=7166

Old
08-14-2007, 02:36 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Jim O'Brien leaves the Gophers; signs a contract with the Sens. He'll likely be with Seattle (WHL) next season.
..and this is what Bryan Murray had to say about it: "I never wanted to take a kid out of school. I never encouraged that."

Yeah right, Mr. Murray. If anyone believes that.....

Old
08-18-2007, 12:00 PM
psukan

Any college UFA signing by NHL teams that any of you see as making an NHL club or getting to the NHL very soon?

Old
08-19-2007, 12:39 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
..and this is what Bryan Murray had to say about it: "I never wanted to take a kid out of school. I never encouraged that."

Yeah right, Mr. Murray. If anyone believes that.....
It just is so weird with how teams are. Calgary pracitally took kid napped Chucko. Then you have NJ. They leave Zajac, Parise, Martin, Gionta all alone. When most felt that Martin and Gionta could have benefited from a "more physical league." Colorado left Hensick alone. O' Brien gets rail roaded. I have no problem with him signing. But why go the WHL. Thats the part i have a problem with. Same thing with Lewis last year. Okposo would have gone to the AHL or NHL. So it is very different.

GMs are saying two things. They want to get thier players more ice time and want them to play in a tough league to devolp better. He cannot break through on a deep MN team. So we send him to a weaker team. Where he can play big minutes. IMO weaker teams = weaker leagues. Its a step down. O'Brien for the second year would have been one of the younger players in D1 hockey. Now he will be of average age.

Old
08-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Pivot King

Gopher you are turning it into another NCAA vs. Major Junior argument. The WHL is definitely not "weaker", even if they have teams where O'Brien can get more icetime. Pretty sure the WCHA has weaker teams that, hypothetically, O'Brien could also earn more icetime on. Doesn't mean the whole league is weak. The WHL is arguably the toughest junior league in Canada, and with a 68 game sched, where he'll get more time to develop. Nothing helps a player grow better than playing in games, and playing in all situations. I know the Minnesota's and ND's are some of the toughest rosters to gain ice, and yes, earning icetime develops a work ethic in a player. But if a guy wants to develop, he needs to play more than O'Brien was going to, all arguments about whether he deserves it aside.

Old
08-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivot King View Post
Gopher you are turning it into another NCAA vs. Major Junior argument. The WHL is definitely not "weaker", even if they have teams where O'Brien can get more icetime. Pretty sure the WCHA has weaker teams that, hypothetically, O'Brien could also earn more icetime on. Doesn't mean the whole league is weak. The WHL is arguably the toughest junior league in Canada, and with a 68 game sched, where he'll get more time to develop. Nothing helps a player grow better than playing in games, and playing in all situations. I know the Minnesota's and ND's are some of the toughest rosters to gain ice, and yes, earning icetime develops a work ethic in a player. But if a guy wants to develop, he needs to play more than O'Brien was going to, all arguments about whether he deserves it aside.
Well said Pivot King.I've seen the Brandon Wheatkings play and I wouldn't say it is weaker competition than the WCHA and I'm a season ticket holder for the SIOUX.The one thing he will get better at than compared to college hockey and that's fighting which isn't a bad thing in my book.

Old
08-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Rabid Husky

Quote:
If he wanted more ice time in college, he probably should have chosen one of the "weaker" teams in the first place then.
Doesn't matter though, he's gone, and except in terms of depth. It's not a big loss.

Old
08-19-2007, 11:41 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Quote:
If guys like Fast, Williams, Lewis and now O'Brien just said. School is not my thing. The NCAA is not the end of the line. I want to focus 100% on hockey and not worry about being a student athlete so i left. I can see that. Maybe not like it but respect the truth.

To say i want more ice time. I want more playing time. Either earn it or do not complain. If you cannot cut it one league. Why would the same player be able to break through on another if it was not a step down. Teams like BC, BU, Mich, MN, NoDak all have players leave. For various reasons. That should just the top 10 or so NCAA as the best amateur teams around.

How much time was O'Brien getting or not getting at the U? Anyone know the stats? We roll 4 lines. He played as much even strength and short handed as any gopher forward. With 5 minutes left in our first NCAA game. O'Brien gets a goal from EJ and Peltier. We were down one goal. If we are going to roll 4 lines with 5 minutes left in a one and done game. Trust me we did it all year long.

Old
08-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Pivot King

Apparently there are not as many talented players infront of him on Seattle's roster, allowing him to come in and play more. It might be considered a step down in talent on that particular roster, but it's not a step down to go to the WHL.

Regardless, I also think he should have stuck with your Gophers, a top 5 program with a legit shot at winning every year, with 4 years to develop his skills and strength. A lot of times the players don't see it that way, prompting them to leave. It is crucial to build game skills between the ages of 16-22, you often don't see guys change their base skill levels after that, ie. guys don't become goal scorers at age 25. Apparently he'll get a chance to work on all parts of his game in real situations in Seattle.

Old
08-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Dakota Sioux

Former SIOUX Chris Porter signs with the Blues.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...6?OpenDocument

Old
08-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Jori

Drew Bagnall signs with the Kings

Old
08-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Apparently there are not as many talented players infront of him on Seattle's roster, allowing him to come in and play more. It might be considered a step down in talent on that particular roster, but it's not a step down to go to the WHL.

Regardless, I also think he should have stuck with your Gophers, a top 5 program with a legit shot at winning every year, with 4 years to develop his skills and strength. A lot of times the players don't see it that way, prompting them to leave. It is crucial to build game skills between the ages of 16-22, you often don't see guys change their base skill levels after that, ie. guys don't become goal scorers at age 25. Apparently he'll get a chance to work on all parts of his game in real situations in Seattle.
Eighhhhhhhhhh, you can see it as lateral move mostly.
But he does get to spend his signing bonus right now though.
I really think NCAA and CHL have to have a face to face about players. From 16/17 year olds playing the NCAA card to get more from interested CHL clubs to 19/20 year old NCAA players signing pro contracts.
A little more has got to be done to protect the integrity of both NCAA and CHL.

Closed Thread