HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

connolly will be back soon...2 weeks!!

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2003, 06:27 AM
VanekFan

vCash: 500
connolly will be back soon...2 weeks!!

i was at the croc bar on chippewa last night and ran into a few sabres and one had to be tim connolly. i talking with him and asked about his injury status. he said the buffalo new has got it wrong and he is recovering well. he said he will be back in 2 weeks....maybe finally he could be the tim connolly we have been waiting to watch.

Old
11-30-2003, 06:58 AM
XTRA SKATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekFan
i was at the croc bar on chippewa last night and ran into a few sabres and one had to be tim connolly. i talking with him and asked about his injury status. he said the buffalo new has got it wrong and he is recovering well. he said he will be back in 2 weeks....maybe finally he could be the tim connolly we have been waiting to watch.

Didn't they play in Nashville last night?

It is highly doubtful that your 'new friends' were Buffalo Sabres.

You may want to revisit this site in 2 weeks and give us another progress report.

Old
11-30-2003, 07:17 AM
VanekFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTRA SKATER
Didn't they play in Nashville last night?

It is highly doubtful that your 'new friends' were Buffalo Sabres.

You may want to revisit this site in 2 weeks and give us another progress report.

yea to bad it was like 2am est...and yes he was there along with pyatt, delmore and campbell.....

Old
11-30-2003, 09:14 AM
ajsonor

Connolly could have been in town last night while the team was in Nashville, but if he isn't cleared to ride a stationary bike, he sure shouldn't be out at the bars.

Old
11-30-2003, 11:08 AM
buffalowing

Send a message via AIM to buffalowing
I highly doubt it, After playing a full hockey game than flying back home If they even did, many players would be too tired to go bar hopping at 2:00 AM......

Old
11-30-2003, 12:52 PM
Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing
I highly doubt it, After playing a full hockey game than flying back home If they even did, many players would be too tired to go bar hopping at 2:00 AM......
There's no way they got back from Nashville in time to get to Cippewa by 2am. Sorry, didn't happen. Looks like you got your chain yanked.

Old
11-30-2003, 01:06 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Sounds dubious. I think we'll need some sort of proof...

Old
11-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Sounds dubious. I think we'll need some sort of proof...

At 67 West was Delmore, Tallinder, Max, Peters, Mair, and a few others in their entourage but my bartender pal there didn't say Timmah was amongst them.

He also said they had an overflow crowd so Timmy could of been in there. It was also 3:00 am when he saw them if that helps.

Old
11-30-2003, 05:06 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker
At 67 West was Delmore, Tallinder, Max, Peters, Mair, and a few others in their entourage but my bartender pal there didn't say Timmah was amongst them.

He also said they had an overflow crowd so Timmy could of been in there. It was also 3:00 am when he saw them if that helps.
Glad they took the lose in *ahem* stride. If TC was among them, how much can we trust a brain-injured, potentially bombed Timmah?

Old
11-30-2003, 05:11 PM
Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Glad they took the lose in *ahem* stride. If TC was among them, how much can we trust a brain-injured, potentially bombed Timmah?

I doubt he was there...can't see him making roadies with the team.

Old
11-30-2003, 06:10 PM
VanekFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker

thank you tucker...finally somebody who was downtown!!!

Old
11-30-2003, 07:17 PM
Takeo

Are you kidding me? They really go straight from the airport to the bars in the middle of the night after a garbage loss?? Well, whatever. What do I care.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to 1970
This is BS. You guys are taking 2 guys seriously who both have combined post count of 18!! Guys, it's probably the same person!

Connolly might be back in 2 weeks, i don't know, but i do know these two goof balls didn't talk to him.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:35 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown37
This is BS. You guys are taking 2 guys seriously who both have combined post count of 18!! Guys, it's probably the same person!

Connolly might be back in 2 weeks, i don't know, but i do know these two goof balls didn't talk to him.
Except Tucker says that he didn't see Connolly, so actually read before you go all internet rambo on someone.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:

I know one of them personally, and he doesn't usually BS. That said, it doesn't back up TC being downtown. Maybe he was, I've seen him out, maybe he wasn't.

Old
12-01-2003, 09:24 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

I saw delmore at SOHO on wednesday night before thanksgiving, he walked by us on the balcony. I didn't say anything cuz I was somewhat surprised to see our whipping boy out, he's fairlY small.

Old
12-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Junior

Send a message via AIM to Junior Send a message via Yahoo to Junior
come on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Are you kidding me? They really go straight from the airport to the bars in the middle of the night after a garbage loss?? Well, whatever. What do I care.

I suppose you never went to a bar after a bad day at work???

Just because they are hockey players and make millions doesn't mean they cant go out and have a good time, next time you make a whopper and put onions on it instead of lettuce, and your favorite BK customer brings it back, we better not see you out having a drink at a local establishment, you better go home and think about how you screwed up that poor guys burger.

Get Real

Old
12-01-2003, 12:26 PM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres Real GM
I suppose you never went to a bar after a bad day at work???

Just because they are hockey players and make millions doesn't mean they cant go out and have a good time, next time you make a whopper and put onions on it instead of lettuce, and your favorite BK customer brings it back, we better not see you out having a drink at a local establishment, you better go home and think about how you screwed up that poor guys burger.

Get Real
zing

Old
12-01-2003, 03:42 PM
dittoheadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekFan
he said the buffalo new has got it wrong and he is recovering well. he said he will be back in 2 weeks....maybe finally he could be the tim connolly we have been waiting to watch.
Funny how short most of those guys are w/out skates, and a program that lists them all at 6'0" at least... Start the clock on whether or not this is: rumor, conjecture, or uhhhh fact

Old
12-01-2003, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
Except Tucker says that he didn't see Connolly, so actually read before you go all internet rambo on someone.
You've just won the dumbass of the day award. Thanks for playing.

Old
12-01-2003, 07:22 PM
BG43

Well, I definately believe that this guy could have seen them that night. They do this kind of thing. I know that one night after a game vs Montreal in Montreal.. I was in Buffalo late at night and I saw a couple of the Sabres soon after.. so it's not like that's a crazy thing. It happens and the guys that he has mentioned do frequent spots like that..

The thing that I don't believe is the 2 week thing.. that's just not going to happen. Tim is confident he'll be back.. but two weeks is too soon and it isn't very likely..

Old
12-02-2003, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BironsGirl43
Well, I definately believe that this guy could have seen them that night. They do this kind of thing. I know that one night after a game vs Montreal in Montreal.. I was in Buffalo late at night and I saw a couple of the Sabres soon after.. so it's not like that's a crazy thing. It happens and the guys that he has mentioned do frequent spots like that..

The thing that I don't believe is the 2 week thing.. that's just not going to happen. Tim is confident he'll be back.. but two weeks is too soon and it isn't very likely..
BG43 - Hey long time no see! How have you been? How was Switzerland?

Old
12-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Tucker

Quote:

Actually I never talked to anyone...I wasn't there. One of my dear friends fiances is the owner of 67 West and I associate with many of the bartenders and bouncers there.

I could care less what you believe or don't believe but don't misrepresent what I posted...thank you.

Old
12-09-2003, 07:26 PM
BG43

Quote:
BG43 - Hey long time no see! How have you been? How was Switzerland?

Lukas, buddy!!!!!

I know what you mean.. I'm fan-freakin-tasic.. how about yourself?

Switzerland was super.. I wish it was still summer. What is new in your world? Still keeping tabs on soccer I assume!

Old
12-10-2003, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BironsGirl43
Lukas, buddy!!!!!

I know what you mean.. I'm fan-freakin-tasic.. how about yourself?

Switzerland was super.. I wish it was still summer. What is new in your world? Still keeping tabs on soccer I assume!
We'll talk thru PM

Closed Thread