HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

gameday music question

Old
02-10-2007, 01:17 AM
GSC

vCash: 500
gameday music question

2nd period, about 3 mins left...country-rock tune comes on at Rexall. I've heard it half a million times at least over the past few seasons, can anyone who was there or who was watching the game remember what it was?

thanks in advance, eh!

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:57 AM
VoiceOfReason

'Not sure--but somebody needs to tell the DJ that Sandstorm doesn't fire the team and/or the fans up!

VoiceOfReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:01 AM
Bergeron47

I always thought 'Reach for the Sky' by Social Distortion was completely fitting for a pump up song for the Oil

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Since we're on the subject of game day tunes... does anyone know the title of the techno horn song that plays at the start of an Oilers PP?

I know alot of ppl here hated having BEP's Pump It as our Intro song in the playoffs last year but I have to admit, every time I hear it now I get goosebumps and fondly remember our run. If we make the playoffs again I hope they bring it back.

02-10-2007, 03:32 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Music + Rexall = teh suck.

U2 - Vertigo?

Christ.

What happened to Kickstart My Heart

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:33 PM
IBleedOil247

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
Since we're on the subject of game day tunes... does anyone know the title of the techno horn song that plays at the start of an Oilers PP?

I know alot of ppl here hated having BEP's Pump It as our Intro song in the playoffs last year but I have to admit, every time I hear it now I get goosebumps and fondly remember our run. If we make the playoffs again I hope they bring it back.
I feel the same way about that BEP song. I though it was a great choice for the playoffs last year. I get chills everytime i hear the beginning of that song.

IBleedOil247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:55 PM
gongshow

question... from the oilers playoffs of last year when they first had the intro when the lights went down... there was a guy like singnin in some gospel voice... im pretty sure it was ray charlas...what was the song or clip from???? and then after it went to the piano from right now by van halen and then to pump it when the oil came out...but what was the intro voice from???? if anyone remembers?

gongshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:13 PM
JDubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshow View Post
question... from the oilers playoffs of last year when they first had the intro when the lights went down... there was a guy like singnin in some gospel voice... im pretty sure it was ray charlas...what was the song or clip from???? and then after it went to the piano from right now by van halen and then to pump it when the oil came out...but what was the intro voice from???? if anyone remembers?
Michael Buble - Feeling Good. But the one they played in Rexall is an unknown cover.

JDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:16 PM
RKD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubs View Post
Michael Buble - Feeling Good. But the one they played in Rexall is an unknown cover.
The one they played at Rexall was sung by Nina Simone.

02-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

Great tune the Oilers should be playing at Rexall right now, preferably just before the opening faceoff, is Rise Up by Desciple. Apparently Desciple is a Christian band, but the song flat out rocks and is very fitting for our stretch run. Do take the time to download and give 'er a listen, let me know what you think...

Last edited by Larry Fisher: 02-10-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Larry Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:23 PM
bodybreak
We're Back!

vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post

DJ Jean - The Launch

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:41 PM
CB420

Tha Launch is a good tune, good techno song, not a huge fan of techno but thats a good classic song, its been aroudn awhile, they played the remix version last night I noticed. 5......4......3.....2....1

Can't go wrong with any classic ACDC though, it might be overplayed, but a few classic ACDC songs really get u stoked for a big game... I know they cant play full songs, just little snippets duruing breaks, they usually play good stuff pre-game at rexall. From one of our PPV games a few weeks ago, I forget who we played, but we won, It might have been the San Jose game we won, In SJ, the boys in the room had a classic Snoop Dogg track playin, from the Chronic 2001 album it was uncensored an everything lol, so when the verse came on "its the mother **** D.O double G, back on the streets wit the **** CPT Ibet it was Raffi who threw that song on, Staois or Jason Smith dont really seem like the biggest hip-hop fans lol, but ya never know, it mighta been a veteran player most likely who controlls the music in the locker-room after wins...plus they showed on another PPV game they pack the CDs, probably have alota burned CDs too with various artists.

CB420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Walsher

The best warmup song ever was Robert Miles - Children. That was the best one - although Eminem in the 02/03 playoffs was pretty intense. Kick Start my Heart was good, the best part of the video is when Dan Cleary almost busted out laughing when he was about to drag race Smytty, always made me laugh - very Jimmy Fallon esque.

Walsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:58 PM
TakkoTime

Just 're-wound' my StarChoice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWC11 View Post
2nd period, about 3 mins left...country-rock tune comes on at Rexall. I've heard it half a million times at least over the past few seasons, can anyone who was there or who was watching the game remember what it was?

thanks in advance, eh!

That is 'Rave On' by John Cougar Mellencamp, a cover of the original Buddy Holly tune.

-Takko

TakkoTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 06:47 PM
GSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakkoTime View Post
That is 'Rave On' by John Cougar Mellencamp, a cover of the original Buddy Holly tune.

-Takko
I definitely heard that one last night, thanks Takko!

but there was another one, played just before it I want to say that was a little more country-twang...any idea?

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
DJ Jean - The Launch
Thanks dude you rock!

Jet is online now   Reply With Quote