HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 2/10/07 Raining Cats And Dogs - Coyotes VS. Panthers

Old
02-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Rattrick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-PANTHERS-10 View Post
Nathan Horton had a great game tonight along with Weiss i loved the way they both played and the defence as a whole looked good also..i was thinking of how many times are defence has played solid and our goalies have let in flucky goals.If we had a good tender back there we would have a whole lot of shutouts.
I second that thought. Our defense has been really good for most of the year. I wouldn't make a whole lotta changes if any at all with our defense. It's our offense that is in desperate need of help.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:25 PM
HPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns View Post
It's crazy when you think of it.

Bertuzzi , Stumpel and Olesz were out due to injury. Jokinen and Van Ryn are reportedly playing hurt.

And we still find a way to score 5 goals.

Craziness.
It was reported in a Finnish news paper couple of days ago that Jokinen has a groin injury and a surgery is one option...

HPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I second that thought. Our defense has been really good for most of the year. I wouldn't make a whole lotta changes if any at all with our defense. It's our offense that is in desperate need of help.
The defense is playing a lot better, but I don't understand why Martin keeps putting Bouw together with Montador. I mean, we picked up Allen and Salei so Bouw would have a better partner than Hill, and he gets paired with Monty?
It hasn't seemed to greatly hurt the team to this point, but I don't see where it's a great move down the road, nor do I see the purpose for it at all when there're better guys to pair him with.

02-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
The defense is playing a lot better, but I don't understand why Martin keeps putting Bouw together with Montador. I mean, we picked up Allen and Salei so Bouw would have a better partner than Hill, and he gets paired with Monty?
It hasn't seemed to greatly hurt the team to this point, but I don't see where it's a great move down the road, nor do I see the purpose for it at all when there're better guys to pair him with.
I did not see that at all. Bouw's been paired with Allen for the past 5 games or so. Maybe you're witnessing the occasional shift? Because yeah, I saw him out there with Monty for a few shifts and then Lojek for a few shifts. Bouw does get double shifted at times.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:27 PM
zeroG

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I did not see that at all. Bouw's been paired with Allen for the past 5 games or so. Maybe you're witnessing the occasional shift? Because yeah, I saw him out there with Monty for a few shifts and then Lojek for a few shifts. Bouw does get double shifted at times.
me neither. jbo's been with allen consistently since the vancouver game last month. he might end up with the odd guy when he's getting an extra shift, but regularly, he's been with allen. btw, anyone notice that played 7 D and only 11 F against minn? neither kiwi nor monty took any shifts up - kingston just seemed to be mixing and matching.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I think MisterBouw explained it. Bouw plays a lot more time than Allen, so when he is out there that extra time, you're gonna see him with some other guys.

Old
02-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I think MisterBouw explained it. Bouw plays a lot more time than Allen, so when he is out there that extra time, you're gonna see him with some other guys.
I did see him out there with other guys, and it didn't seem like he Monty was out with the top lines, but I was busy during the game. When I looked, he was out with Montador, but I was busy most of it. Thanks for the explanations.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 06:40 PM
FORMERGOON

If Horton is reading these boards I hope he knows not everyone changes their opinion of him every second he makes a mistake and understands how a player can go throught slumps.

FORMERGOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUDDYTHEGOON View Post
If Horton is reading these boards I hope he knows not everyone changes their opinion of him every second he makes a mistake and understands how a player can go throught slumps.
I don't think a lot of people around here fault Horton for his mistakes. I think they fault him more for his lack of effort and the fact that he just doesn't seem to give a damn.