HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 2/10/07 Raining Cats And Dogs - Coyotes VS. Panthers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2007, 12:08 PM
  #51
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,900
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-PANTHERS-10 View Post
Nathan Horton had a great game tonight along with Weiss i loved the way they both played and the defence as a whole looked good also..i was thinking of how many times are defence has played solid and our goalies have let in flucky goals.If we had a good tender back there we would have a whole lot of shutouts.
I second that thought. Our defense has been really good for most of the year. I wouldn't make a whole lotta changes if any at all with our defense. It's our offense that is in desperate need of help.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:25 PM
  #52
HPanther
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Finland
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns View Post
It's crazy when you think of it.

Bertuzzi , Stumpel and Olesz were out due to injury. Jokinen and Van Ryn are reportedly playing hurt.

And we still find a way to score 5 goals.

Craziness.
It was reported in a Finnish news paper couple of days ago that Jokinen has a groin injury and a surgery is one option...

HPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:43 PM
  #53
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I second that thought. Our defense has been really good for most of the year. I wouldn't make a whole lotta changes if any at all with our defense. It's our offense that is in desperate need of help.
The defense is playing a lot better, but I don't understand why Martin keeps putting Bouw together with Montador. I mean, we picked up Allen and Salei so Bouw would have a better partner than Hill, and he gets paired with Monty?
It hasn't seemed to greatly hurt the team to this point, but I don't see where it's a great move down the road, nor do I see the purpose for it at all when there're better guys to pair him with.

__________________
Future now!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:15 PM
  #54
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 17,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
The defense is playing a lot better, but I don't understand why Martin keeps putting Bouw together with Montador. I mean, we picked up Allen and Salei so Bouw would have a better partner than Hill, and he gets paired with Monty?
It hasn't seemed to greatly hurt the team to this point, but I don't see where it's a great move down the road, nor do I see the purpose for it at all when there're better guys to pair him with.
I did not see that at all. Bouw's been paired with Allen for the past 5 games or so. Maybe you're witnessing the occasional shift? Because yeah, I saw him out there with Monty for a few shifts and then Lojek for a few shifts. Bouw does get double shifted at times.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:27 PM
  #55
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,184
vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I did not see that at all. Bouw's been paired with Allen for the past 5 games or so. Maybe you're witnessing the occasional shift? Because yeah, I saw him out there with Monty for a few shifts and then Lojek for a few shifts. Bouw does get double shifted at times.
me neither. jbo's been with allen consistently since the vancouver game last month. he might end up with the odd guy when he's getting an extra shift, but regularly, he's been with allen. btw, anyone notice that played 7 D and only 11 F against minn? neither kiwi nor monty took any shifts up - kingston just seemed to be mixing and matching.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:53 PM
  #56
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,900
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
The defense is playing a lot better, but I don't understand why Martin keeps putting Bouw together with Montador. I mean, we picked up Allen and Salei so Bouw would have a better partner than Hill, and he gets paired with Monty?
It hasn't seemed to greatly hurt the team to this point, but I don't see where it's a great move down the road, nor do I see the purpose for it at all when there're better guys to pair him with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I did not see that at all. Bouw's been paired with Allen for the past 5 games or so. Maybe you're witnessing the occasional shift? Because yeah, I saw him out there with Monty for a few shifts and then Lojek for a few shifts. Bouw does get double shifted at times.
I think MisterBouw explained it. Bouw plays a lot more time than Allen, so when he is out there that extra time, you're gonna see him with some other guys.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:03 PM
  #57
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I think MisterBouw explained it. Bouw plays a lot more time than Allen, so when he is out there that extra time, you're gonna see him with some other guys.
I did see him out there with other guys, and it didn't seem like he Monty was out with the top lines, but I was busy during the game. When I looked, he was out with Montador, but I was busy most of it. Thanks for the explanations.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 06:40 PM
  #58
FORMERGOON
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Panther territory
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
If Horton is reading these boards I hope he knows not everyone changes their opinion of him every second he makes a mistake and understands how a player can go throught slumps.

FORMERGOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:01 PM
  #59
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,900
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUDDYTHEGOON View Post
If Horton is reading these boards I hope he knows not everyone changes their opinion of him every second he makes a mistake and understands how a player can go throught slumps.
I don't think a lot of people around here fault Horton for his mistakes. I think they fault him more for his lack of effort and the fact that he just doesn't seem to give a damn.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.