HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Belanger To Atlanta For Vishnevski

Old
02-11-2007, 07:15 PM
TheGreatone94

vCash: 500
How about Winchester, Pouliot and a 1st? Two NHL ready prospects, and a 1st to flip for Forsberg?

TheGreatone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:20 PM
TheGreatone94

Or, if you guys need a third line centre, how about Marty Reasoner instead of one of Winchester or Pouliot? He is good in his own zone, can PK well, decent offensively and a great team guy.

TheGreatone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:25 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatone94 View Post
Or, if you guys need a third line centre, how about Marty Reasoner instead of one of Winchester or Pouliot? He is good in his own zone, can PK well, decent offensively and a great team guy.
i'd switch reasoner for winchester and i'd take that deal, regardless of whether we'd use those pieces to acquire Forsberg. I like Pouliot's game, and we could use a big C\W prospect.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:28 PM
handtrick

Observations From Practice Today

Didn't want to start a new thread, and since it is mainly about Vish...I'll put it here.

Notes from practice today:

The chemistry between Mason and Kariya is palpable. They have an ongoing competition against eachother about who beats who and continually chirp at eachother.....one time Kariya put a beautiful deke by Mason and then yelled "Suckage" in his face and quickly skated off....Mason owned Kariya more often than the other way around......they were continually chirping and laughing, etc for the entire practice.

Nichol did not dress....unknown why as he looked fine at the Ball last night....Tootoo also did not skate, as we know he has not been cleared yet.

Almost half the practice was spent on special teams......

.....Vishnevski.....
I kept a close eye on him the whole practice. Here are some things I noticed:
-Not a lot of interaction from the other players with him.....to be expected, to some degree, with the recent addition and him being Russian and all....but even somebody who had never seen the Preds before would have picked him out as the one who didn't quite fit yet.
-Skill assessment:
First pass out of the zone: Poorest of all defensemen including Zanon
Receiving the pass: Poorest of all the defensemen
Skating: very average
Point shot: weak, but on net and low.
Defensive positioning: Fair to poor at times
Hitting: Not assessible...as not one hit was laid, but certainly would have been his strongest category
Stickhandling....limited drills to demonstrate.....
Ugliness factor: quite high
Trotz spent a lot of one-on-one time with him today teaching and just talking to him obviously just getting to know him better.
I got to agree with 303 here. Vish is a depth pick up for the 3rd line probably, and to add that nastiness that we need for a playoff run. The obvious difference between him and Witt of last year are the relatively few penalty minutes as he only has 31 in 52 games this year, whereas Witt was 2nd in the league.
Granted, this was his second practice with this new team, so he will inevitably look out of place to some degree.....but, to be honest, Zanon looked like a much better defenseman out there today......will see what we see during gametime situation, which may look completely different, of course.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 06:02 AM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Nichol did not dress....unknown why as he looked fine at the Ball last night.....
Nichol's wife looked about ready to deliver at the ball....wonder if we have a baby smurf?

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 09:24 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 8001
hmm..not the stunning report that you hope to hear when picking up a new Dman, but I guess the real test will be tonight.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote