HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Vishnevski to Nashville

Old
02-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Backhand

vCash: 500
Vishnevski to Nashville

Just got a text message from sportsnet trade tracker and it said Vishnevski to nashville for eric belanger.

Edit: Ya not vishnovsky....stupid sportsnet

Last edited by Backhand: 02-10-2007 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Wrong player thank god
Backhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Poochiemoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF4E View Post
Just got a text message from sportsnet trade tracker and it said vishnovsky to nashville for eric belanger. Can anyone confirm?
there's nothing on tsn about it (yet).

Poochiemoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Vishnevski from ATL to Nashville for Belanger. The link is on the Preds board.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha...ers_trade.html

02-10-2007, 12:03 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
Vishnevski from ATL to Nashville for Belanger. The link is on the Preds board.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha...ers_trade.html
Yep, you should probably change the name of the thread so that people don't think it's Visnovsky.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:03 PM
LamborGREENie

It is Vishnevski as in Vitaly Vishnevski and not Visnovsky as in Lubomir Visnovski.

LamborGREENie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Backhand

my text says and I quote "lubomir vishnovsky"...can't believe they'd make that kinda mistake

Backhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:04 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
my text says and I quote "lubomir vishnovsky"...can't believe they'd make that kinda mistake
... it's Sportsnet .

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Poochiemoo

Quote:
there's nothing on sportsnet.ca about it either.

Poochiemoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:07 PM
dynastydays

VV would have been a nice addition from the getgo. It could have been nice depth, a little less crunch time for Greene and Smid. Hes cheap in salary (too bad our owners are as well) and Eric belanger? Hes cheap in assets too.

dynastydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Declassified

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
That is unbelievable, pretty close in value to us giving up Reasoner for him.

Either Lombardi didn't want to deal with Lowe or its looking like Lowe really dropped the ball on this one.
or maybe Vish wasn't on Lowe's radar. and besides, why trade Reasoner? he's been awesome this year. Trading Reasoner for vish, just opens another hole, and Vish isnt the guy to get us inthe playoffs anyway.

maybe this opens the D market.

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:17 PM
lupultheukie

Quote:
That is unbelievable, pretty close in value to us giving up Reasoner for him.
Either Lombardi didn't want to deal with Lowe or its looking like Lowe really dropped the ball on this one.
That's Vitaly Vishnevski of the trashers, not Lubo Visnovsky of the kings.

lupultheukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:17 PM
jadeddog

wow.... i hope this means that lowe isnt going to be making any trades this year, because if he *is* wanting to pick up a dman and this offer was on the table he would have been a FOOL to not take it

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Tekneek

Yeah, Vishnevski is not anything special. He would routinely play himself out of position while going for hits. He wouldn't be an upgrade for the blueline.

Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:27 PM
jadeddog

yeah, he would be a pretty large upgrade over greene, MAB or smid on many nights

maybe lowe isnt a fan of his though? i suppose thats another possibility

Old
02-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
wow.... i hope this means that lowe isnt going to be making any trades this year, because if he *is* wanting to pick up a dman and this offer was on the table he would have been a FOOL to not take it
Who says Lowe was offered anything like this?

People are foolish to think every GM knows what every other GM is doing and where every player is getting traded to.

Gusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Tekneek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
yeah, he would be a pretty large upgrade over greene, MAB or smid on many nights

maybe lowe isnt a fan of his though? i suppose thats another possibility
You think so? What about his game says that to you? He is only an upgrade over Greene in terms of experience, but otherwise I would rather have Greene in the lineup. Vish was expected to be more than a third or fourth defenseman in Atlanta, but played his way down the depth chart. I'm guessing you haven't seen much of his play this season...?

Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:42 PM
RiversQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastydays View Post
VV would have been a nice addition from the getgo. It could have been nice depth, a little less crunch time for Greene and Smid. Hes cheap in salary (too bad our owners are as well) and Eric belanger? Hes cheap in assets too.
Yeah he would have been a decent option. I would have preferred Markov, but Vishnevski would have been OK. The only thing I don't like about his game is that he runs around looking for the big hit a little bit too much. I'm not sure if that shows up negatively in the important numbers or not.

One thing he definitely has in his favour is that he doesn't take many minors. That's an important feature for a good dman IMO because it means he's not actively trading ES scoring chances for PP opportunities.

RiversQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:44 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversQ View Post
Yeah he would have been a decent option. I would have preferred Markov, but Vishnevski would have been OK. The only thing I don't like about his game is that he runs around looking for the big hit a little bit too much. I'm not sure if that shows up negatively in the important numbers or not.

One thing he definitely has in his favour is that he doesn't take many minors. That's an important feature for a good dman IMO because it means he's not actively trading ES scoring chances for PP opportunities.
Behindthenet also has him playing some decent minutes - 170th in the league and 3rd among defensemen on the Thrashers.

I wouldn't mind having a defenseman on this team running around - the Oilers have needed a bit more of that than they've had this year, and he could probably help mentor that aspect of Greene's game a bit as well.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 01:02 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
You think so? What about his game says that to you? He is only an upgrade over Greene in terms of experience, but otherwise I would rather have Greene in the lineup. Vish was expected to be more than a third or fourth defenseman in Atlanta, but played his way down the depth chart. I'm guessing you haven't seen much of his play this season...?
no i havent, im basing my opinion on last years play, where i saw a fair bit of him.... he might be playing like crap this year, im really not sure

Old
02-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Mr Sakich

nashville is getting set to move one of its young dman for a 1st line winger. They have Webber, suter, hamhuis, Zidlicky and they just added VV. 5 of their top 8 prospects are defencemen as well.

Even if the cost is Smyth, then Lowe better be on the phone today talking to Nashville.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
nashville is getting set to move one of its young dman for a 1st line winger. They have Webber, suter, hamhuis, Zidlicky and they just added VV. 5 of their top 8 prospects are defencemen as well.

Even if the cost is Smyth, then Lowe better be on the phone today talking to Nashville.
I'm not so sure about that, Nashville has been looking to add a veteran stay-at-home defenceman all season and Vishnevski seems to fit that bill.

02-10-2007, 03:26 PM
CB420

Not a bad deal for both sides, makes sense, ATL aquires a decent 3rd line player in Eric Belanger, who can kill penalties for ATL and chip in the odd goal.

NSH aquires what they've felt they lacked in a stay at home Dman, nothing more nothing less then that. Visnevski has been to the Stanley Cup Finals with ANA back in 2003, so he does have about 20-23 playoff games on his resume from that season. Visvevski is a head hunter so he should fit into that NSH lineup pretty good, he can also drop the mits once n awhile, if a player he cheap shots decides to take some revenge with him.

CB420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:38 PM
JonQuixote

It would be nice if Nashville is putting one of their blueliners on the market. We could make good trading partners.

Hamhuis is a guy I'd break the bank for, that's for sure.

JonQuixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:50 PM
CB420

well .. on the flames boards, they are talking about Shane Doan, on a blog on hockeybuzz.com a blog by ecklund says that 2 teams are interetsed him, flamers and montreal being the 2 reportedly making pushes for him. It doesnt report however what the asking price would be for Doan, it cant be cheap, Gretz isnt an idot, Doan might be having an off year, he still knows that Doan is a valuable player on the market, it wont be cheap... if sutter thinks he can pick up doan for a few draft picks he's wrong, it's gotta cost more then that...Phoenix isnt giving him away for some stick tape and a bag of pucks. If the flamers can somehow aquire Doan, then its really gonna force Kevin Lowe to make an equal or bigger move to respond to that.

CB420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB420 View Post
If the flamers can somehow aquire Doan, then its really gonna force Kevin Lowe to make an equal or bigger move to respond to that.
Why is that? While the Oilers could certainly catch the Flames if they go on a big slump to end the season (which isn't completely out of the question - they play Buffalo and Detroit back-to-back on the road, we could very well gain 4 points on them here), Minnesota and Vancouver are the two teams we should be setting our sights on.

Cerebral is offline   Reply With Quote