HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Dan Fritsche vs. Tom Fritsche

Old
02-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Bam Beet*

vCash: 500
Dan Fritsche vs. Tom Fritsche

How do their playing styles compare and what types of players do you think they will become down the road? Who has more upside? Thanks.

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 05:17 PM
VernonForrest

I watched them both before they were drafted and I felt Tom had the better offensive upside. He made a lot more happen and was a lot more willing to head into traffic. I also felt he was a better passer. I felt Danny was over rated leading up to his draft, however felt Tom was underrated and had good potential to be an effective 2 way player who could contribute to a 3rd line but also may be able to contribute to a 2nd line with the right linemates.

VernonForrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 05:29 PM
JrussJacket

Dan has probably been the best player on the CBJ roster this year. No joke. Ask any CBJ fan theyll more then likely say the same. Dan brings it every night, hes a relentless for checker and even better in the corners. I wouldnt be suprised to see danny top 20 goals this season. Maybe 25 next. Danny's the perfect 3rd line C/W right now. That being said, I think he has top 6 potential at the C position.

Living here in Columbus, Ive also seen Tom play numerous times for the Buckeyes. They really took a massive hit this season with Toms illness. Tom has excellent vision on ice. He makes quick accurate passes and has an excellent wrist shot. However, I think Tom is gonna have to adjust his game to something similar to Dans for him to succeed in the NHL.

Dan had to adjust his game to make it in the NHL. He's been a grinder since he has been with the CBJ. But for some reason, since Hitch has taken over, Dannys has played tremendous. His Offensive side is really starting to come through because he's playing good D and forechecking his AASSS off.

IMO
hope this helps.

JrussJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Bam Beet*

Thanks for the replies guys. Keep em coming.

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote