HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perezoghin's value

Old
02-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Perezoghin's value

What can we get for a player like him? Right now, it's safe to say that he'll not stick with the team for a long time so I expect Gainey to trade him soon. What can we get for him? A good second round pick?

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Ross MacLochness

Will be next to 0 once we are done with him.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:10 PM
tritone

I don't think Perez is worth anything on the trade market at the moment BUT, in 2 years if we have traded him we will look back and regret it. Give it some time, the kid is good and he will get better.

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Mue

I would imagine that some GM would be willing to take a gamble on Zhogs reaching his offensive potential. A 2nd or 3rd round pick...or a similar prospect coming back.

I would be dissapointed though...I think Perezhogin has a lot to offer and would not want the Habs to give up on him just yet.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
I would imagine that some GM would be willing to take a gamble on Zhogs reaching his offensive potential. A 2nd or 3rd round pick...or a similar prospect coming back.

I would be dissapointed though...I think Perezhogin has a lot to offer and would not want the Habs to give up on him just yet.
Same thing for me, but I just can't see how he will stick up with the team any longer. And if we keep him, will he prefer to sign in Russia?

Old
02-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I think it's pretty clear that the coaching staff has already given up on him. He's consistently scratched in favor of guys like Downey, Murray, and Niinimaa despite this team desperately needing some offense.

Perezhogin is my favorite player and I want to see him traded. And I have no doubt at all that we will be on the losing end of that deal.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:36 PM
imnothere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
I don't think Perez is worth anything on the trade market at the moment BUT, in 2 years if we have traded him we will look back and regret it. Give it some time, the kid is good and he will get better.
Agreed.

imnothere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:47 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I jsut hope he gets traded for his own good. It's apparent we won't ever give him a shot and we need room for Kostitsyn. Kostitsyn is more valuable to the organization because of his chemistry with Grabovski and his brother Siarhei has 89 points for London in the OHL.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I jsut hope he gets traded for his own good. It's apparent we won't ever give him a shot and we need room for Kostitsyn. Kostitsyn is more valuable to the organization because of his chemistry with Grabovski and his brother Siarhei has 89 points for London in the OHL.
I think Kostitsyn is in the same boat as Perezhogin. I really don't think Carbonneau likes either of them at all.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

I think Perezhogin can be a player with great value in this team. He's a 1st rounder, he's young, his salary is not big, he skate well and is somehow tall. It's of course not a player who can bring a superstar but maybe a Eric Belanger or Mark Bell-like kind of player.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
brownman*

Perezhogin has massive value ffs, he's a very effective player. Oh wah wah, he takes hooking penalties, what is he 23?

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:52 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
I think Kostitsyn is in the same boat as Perezhogin. I really don't think Carbonneau likes either of them at all.
Carbonneau is an idiot. I don't care if Carbonneau doesn't like them, he likes Ryder and uses him to no end, which is just plain ridiculous. I'd rather lose Carbonneau than lose our most exciting offensive prospects. Actually, I want Carbonneau gone as is.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

I will highly prefer Ryder than theses 2 europeans players who dosent know how to hit and how to play intense; the real and only key of succes.

Old
02-10-2007, 03:00 PM
LeMAD

Quote:

Kostitsyn is following his development and Don Lever thinks he still has much things to learn in the minors before making the big team. As for Perezhogin, he's playing pretty badly right now and his stupid penalities don't help. He's not a bad player, but aside from his speed, he doesn't have much offensive skills. I can see him becoming a good third liner, but not much more...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:01 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
I will highly prefer Ryder than theses 2 europeans players who dosent know how to hit and how to play intense; the real and only key of succes.
Because Ryder hits and play intense???

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Mue

Quote:
Perezhogin's intensity is usually what leads to his penatlies.

and Ryder has been MIA for a long time now...

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:04 PM
dodecapod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Carbonneau is an idiot. I don't care if Carbonneau doesn't like them, he likes Ryder and uses him to no end, which is just plain ridiculous. I'd rather lose Carbonneau than lose our most exciting offensive prospects. Actually, I want Carbonneau gone as is.
Nope, you're the idiot.

dodecapod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Ryder have more points and hits than theses 2 players togheter. Ryder is not big but you can clearly see him hit peoples each games.

Old
02-10-2007, 03:10 PM
brownman*

He still sucks though.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Kruky

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear that the coaching staff has already given up on him. He's consistently scratched in favor of guys like Downey, Murray, and Niinimaa despite this team desperately needing some offense.

Perezhogin is my favorite player and I want to see him traded. And I have no doubt at all that we will be on the losing end of that deal.
Niinima is a defenceman so how can he steal Perezhogin spot?

Kruky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:16 PM
GSK*

Carbo suck.... He bench guys like Perezhogin don't want to play Kostitsyn or Grabovsky...

Damn, in any other team those two would play in the NHL since a while... He said lack of effort for Kostitsyn or whatever something like that. May be its true, but we don't give a ****, since 94 we just have "grit" players and they don't do something good, we need offense, two amazing young players rot in the AHL when they would be awesome on a line with Kovalev...

Anyway, the habs will always continue like that for couple of year, Carbonneau isn't the awnser, he should try to understand that not any players are like him, good 2-way with heart, everybody in the 80's was hungry of winning or was playing with grit and passion. Its more a business then a game right now, you should try to make a spot for youngster and try to get them go with a OFFENSIVE style.

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev/Lats
Kostitsyn-Grabovsky-Latendresse/Kovy

Waive Samsonov, Murray, Downey, that will make some space on the salary cap, and better offensive production, with bottom line of Bonk, Johnson, Begin, Perezhogin, Lapierre, Streit... A lot better.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:24 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Ryder have more points and hits than theses 2 players togheter. Ryder is not big but you can clearly see him hit peoples each games.
He played more game then both together and probably got 2 times more ice time then they got this season and he played with A LOT better offensive player and he plays on the first wave on the PP before half of the team and perez barely got a shot on the PP adn never on the first wave. It'as not too hard to get more points.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

If Perezhogin was that good, we would have putted more than 5 goals, 14 points in 51 games, and that, at his 2rd complete season.

Old
02-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
He played more game then both together and probably got 2 times more ice time then they got this season and he played with A LOT better offensive player and he plays on the first wave on the PP before half of the team and perez barely got a shot on the PP adn never on the first wave. It'as not too hard to get more points.
That's what I was going to say. I can't believe that Ryder is still on the team. I mean, he never played good since his rookie year and he's not a proven 30 goal scorer. He did it one, and that's it. He would be good on an offensive team with a few star players, but not in Montreal, where he's supposed to be the best goal scorer. If only he was able to set up a play...

Old
02-10-2007, 03:34 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruky View Post
Niinima is a defenceman so how can he steal Perezhogin spot?

Because we have Niniimaa, we can play Streit at Forward in Perezoghin's place.

I guess it kinda means Niniimaa is taking Perez spot, but it's more like Streit taking Perez spot. Something I totally agree with BTW.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote