HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If The Play-Offs Are Un-likely, Time To Deal Roloson???

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2007, 01:12 PM
  #51
HOF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy mcnasty View Post
Roli, as good as he is, is virtually untradeable due to age and contract.
Exactly. I wish Lowe signed him to a 2 year deal. We are stuck with him right until the end. That 3rd year scares me.

HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:14 PM
  #52
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Bozo Buddies
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy mcnasty View Post
Roli, as good as he is, is virtually untradeable due to age and contract.
If we can't get anything substantial for him, then IMO it's a no-brainer that you keep him. Because if you'd end up having to give up more to get another goalie than what you gave up then you are going backwards.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:16 PM
  #53
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Bozo Buddies
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot_Scorer View Post
Exactly. I wish Lowe signed him to a 2 year deal. We are stuck with him right until the end. That 3rd year scares me.
If we keep him, we had better hope that either JDD or DD are ready for the starters role at the start of that 3rd season in case his play drops significantly. That would be our only way to have a cheap replacement while we're paying him a good sized cap hit.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:24 PM
  #54
hemmingway
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
If we keep him, we had better hope that either JDD or DD are ready for the starters role at the start of that 3rd season in case his play drops significantly. That would be our only way to have a cheap replacement while we're paying him a good sized cap hit.
If - in a year and a half - JDD or DD do not look like potential starters - it's likely Edmonton will do one of these things:
  • Resign Roloson.
  • Sign a FA goalie.
  • Trade for another goalie
  • Go with two (or three) potential starters (Conkannen?!?)

I'd hate to guess which one it would be

hemmingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.