HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Jays sign Ligtenberg

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2003, 12:52 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

vCash: 500
Jays sign Ligtenberg

is he a lefty or righty ?

Old
12-08-2003, 12:54 PM
DocHolliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
Righrt handed reliever, closer for Atlanta one year. Has lost some velocity since elbow(I think) surgery, but should be a solid setup guy for the Jays. Put up some decent numbers in Baltimore and he has some of the best sideburns in the game

Old
12-08-2003, 12:54 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
Righty I think

Old
12-08-2003, 12:56 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

good we need a setup man
politte kind of lost it

Old
12-08-2003, 01:10 PM
Leaf Army

Probably signed to be a set-up guy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a chance to be the closer.

He's a good pitcher and he's going to be a great addition to the bullpen. Nice signing.

Old
12-08-2003, 01:13 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Whats his first name again?

Old
12-08-2003, 01:18 PM
DocHolliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto80
Whats his first name again?
Kerry

Old
12-08-2003, 01:19 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Kerry
ahhh thats it

Old
12-09-2003, 04:35 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Every little bit helps. The bullpen was horrid last season so this is not a bad signing. The Jays need to add atleast another arm or two to the pen tho and pickup another decent started.
Pat Hentgen should be a good starter for the jays and after the arm surgery it was said he wouldn't be him self for about about 7-8 months.
That predictions seemed to be right on track because after the allstar brake Pat was one of the better pitchers in the league and hopefully he can carry that over this season and give the jays a quality 2nd to third starter...

Old
12-09-2003, 12:15 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

he had tommy john surgery, that figures :mad:

i'd rather they go for more rule 5 guys, like lopez

Old
12-10-2003, 10:34 AM
BringITon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwilliams
who cares
This probably from a guy that will be on a bandwagon once Toronto starts winning championships again. Typical Toronto baseball fan. What do you expect from a hockey town like Toronto. The same will happen with the Raptors you watch.

Don't get me wrong I am a huge Leaf backer, but I will be the first to admit that I would rather support a team that is trying to win with the resources they have available instead of supporting a team that does not want to spend the resources available. The Leafs are one of the richest in the league, probably on the same scale as the Yankees and Red Sox in baseball. So why don't they act like it? At least the Jays have been trying with the little they have.

All these Toronto fans will all be sorry when we loose the Raptors, Jays and Argos franchises. Then we'll be left with another 40 years waiting for a championship from the Leafs. Toronto wants an NFL franchise RIIIGGGHHHTTT !!!!! You can't support what you got and you want that, forget it. Never happening until we get the old school mentality out that the Leafs are it and nothing else.

Old
12-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringITon
This probably from a guy that will be on a bandwagon once Toronto starts winning championships again. Typical Toronto baseball fan. What do you expect from a hockey town like Toronto. The same will happen with the Raptors you watch.

Don't get me wrong I am a huge Leaf backer, but I will be the first to admit that I would rather support a team that is trying to win with the resources they have available instead of supporting a team that does not want to spend the resources available. The Leafs are one of the richest in the league, probably on the same scale as the Yankees and Red Sox in baseball. So why don't they act like it? At least the Jays have been trying with the little they have.

All these Toronto fans will all be sorry when we loose the Raptors, Jays and Argos franchises. Then we'll be left with another 40 years waiting for a championship from the Leafs. Toronto wants an NFL franchise RIIIGGGHHHTTT !!!!! You can't support what you got and you want that, forget it. Never happening until we get the old school mentality out that the Leafs are it and nothing else.

Or from a guy that doesn't give two craps about seeing a baseball post on a hockey board.

Closed Thread