HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EDM-NSH Proposal

Old
02-11-2007, 07:28 PM
TheGreatone94

vCash: 500
EDM-NSH Proposal

Since the Preds picked up Vishnevski, Marek Zidlicky seems to be expendable. I asked some Preds fans what they would want in return from us, and we came to this proposal:
MAP, Marty Reasoner, Ana 1st
for
Zidlicky

What do you guys think? Zidlicky is a top pairing guy, signed through 09/10 at a reasonable 3.35 cap hit. He is great offensively and is good in his own end. Comparable to Lubomir Visnovsky really.

Thoughts?

TheGreatone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Cerebral

I don't get why Nashville would trade one of their defencemen for a bunch of assets which won't help them now when they're hoping to go on a deep playoff run.

02-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

I don't know if that's enough to get him and I'm worried about trading 2 centers, with Stoll out for an unknown amount of time.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:34 PM
McOkMcgoMcoil

It all makes sense, exept Nash is going for it all, there is just no way they move any one. unless maybe they want to clear some cap room to bring in some one better, really the chances are slim. I would do it though, he is just what we need.

McOkMcgoMcoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:35 PM
OilerNut*

I love these trade proposals where we give up 3rd-4th line players for 1st line players.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:36 PM
TheGreatone94

Well the reasoning here is that Zidlicky is the odd man out. They also need to free up dollars to resign Timonen, Hartnell, and Dumont at the end of the year. This is a case of young guys making vets expendable. He has fallen behind on the depth chart, and doesn't get much PP time anymore. Nashville needs a third line centre and wouldn't mind a 1st and a good prospect.

Old
02-11-2007, 07:37 PM
TheGreatone94

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
I love these trade proposals where we give up 3rd-4th line players for 1st line players.
Hey, its not just something I made up on my own. Nashville fans agreed to this deal, these are guys that they wanted. Lets hope Lowe has made some calls to Nashville to see if this guy is available.

Old
02-11-2007, 07:51 PM
metallicat

Zidlicky does not make this team a contender, so I am vehemently against trading Reasoner, Pouliot and a 1st for him.

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Towelie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
I don't get why Nashville would trade one of their defencemen for a bunch of assets which won't help them now when they're hoping to go on a deep playoff run.
Bang on.

Towelie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:00 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
Nashville is bulking up and good d wins the playoffs

Oilers

IMO

looking at a -8 point gap going into tonights game

which I think may decide what Lowe may do

it is a must win game

oilers lose

they are sellers

oilers win

they are still buyers

8 points 4 games 27 games left after tonght 26 games

crunch time

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:20 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
You mean like Kobasew and Ferrence for Stuart+? Yeah, those kind of proposals are so crazy!

Nashville has fallen out of love with Zidlicky with his new contract. He could probably gotten for cheaper then expected for playoff depth.

I would still prefer to target Weber or Mezsaros though...

Hire McLellan Draft McDavid. Solidify the D and G
s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Mr Sakich

nashville has to have a long playoff run or the franchise is in trouble. They have almost zero corporate support and that threatens their viability. They have hinted that this playoff run will make or break the franchise.

smyth + smith for hamhuis and suter

smith and smyth makes them THE cup favourite in the West. Their top 4 dmen remain and they pick up smith. We get two guys who, with Smid + Greene, gives us the best young defense in hockey

Mr Sakich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:38 PM
McQuixote

If Nashville trades Zidlicky for this package or something similar, they do it after the season is over.

McQuixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:49 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonQuixote View Post
If Nashville trades Zidlicky for this package or something similar, they do it after the season is over.
have to agree there

they are bulking up for the playoffs and will get a few more vets between now and the deadline

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:09 PM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
nashville has to have a long playoff run or the franchise is in trouble. They have almost zero corporate support and that threatens their viability. They have hinted that this playoff run will make or break the franchise.

smyth + smith for hamhuis and suter

smith and smyth makes them THE cup favourite in the West. Their top 4 dmen remain and they pick up smith. We get two guys who, with Smid + Greene, gives us the best young defense in hockey
WHAT????!?!?!?!?

I know their franchise is in a tad bit of trouble, but they have no reason to do that trade, come on man, Add a pick from our side and subtract Suter from their side and it might be a bit more fair. Come on dude, These are premier young D-man, they dont come cheap..

As to the original proposal, you know, im in the middle....I'd love Zidlicky, and i dunno about the value, but man doing this to Reasoner twice in two years is cold man, real Cold, hell even Ice Cold..

McOilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Mr Sakich

that franchise is in trouble. First place yet they have less than 12,000 avg paid attendance. Under the 12,000 mark, the city of nashville has to kick in cash and, right now, it looks like that will happen.

the preds hired an elite nhl marketing guy from the rangers. One of the most respected in the nhl. He created a marketing dvd and packaged it along with a free portable dvd player and sent it to 1,000 businesses in the nashville area. They followed it up with a very aggressive telemarketing campaign. That was followed up with their sales reps following up every lead.

The net result was 10 new corporate season tickets.

Last edited by Mr Sakich: 02-11-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Mr Sakich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:20 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
WHAT????!?!?!?!?

I know their franchise is in a tad bit of trouble, but they have no reason to do that trade, come on man, Add a pick from our side and subtract Suter from their side and it might be a bit more fair. Come on dude, These are premier young D-man, they dont come cheap..

As to the original proposal, you know, im in the middle....I'd love Zidlicky, and i dunno about the value, but man doing this to Reasoner twice in two years is cold man, real Cold, hell even Ice Cold..
While I agree that we would need to add something, maybe MAP or a high pick, the idea that Smyth and Smith are cheap is insane. If they are available, the team that gets them become an instant cup favorite.

And Nash indeed does need to get some local attention or they could lose their team. Maybe a deal for young kids could be made.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:25 PM
NotoriousJatt

Send a message via MSN to NotoriousJatt
why would we trade reasoner?
we traded him last season and
he showed us he likes playin for us
and signed back with us
and we trade him again?

NotoriousJatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:48 PM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
that franchise is in trouble. First place yet they have less than 12,000 avg paid attendance. Under the 12,000 mark, the city of nashville has to kick in cash and, right now, it looks like that will happen.

the preds hired an elite nhl marketing guy from the rangers. One of the most respected in the nhl. He created a marketing dvd and packaged it along with a free portable dvd player and sent it to 1,000 businesses in the nashville area. They followed it up with a very aggressive telemarketing campaign. That was followed up with their sales reps following up every lead.

The net result was 10 new corporate season tickets.
Thats insane, They gave away free DVD players?? Was it Sony atleast?? wow, i know where you're coming from, don't get me wrong, i agree it is in trouble, and i am not trying to diss you or anything, but if your franchise is in trouble, you dont trade away Young top-end talent for Vets (unless their Super Super Super popular and Super Super skilled, which both players are, but popular they are not). I am about 87.566% sure that they wouldn't trade that, and i know where you are coming from, don't get me wrong, but i think we are asking for a bit much from our side...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
While I agree that we would need to add something, maybe MAP or a high pick, the idea that Smyth and Smith are cheap is insane. If they are available, the team that gets them become an instant cup favorite.

And Nash indeed does need to get some local attention or they could lose their team. Maybe a deal for young kids could be made.
Well if you look at the return, Hamhuis and Suter, thats pretty cheap to decent what we gave up, both are at worst #3-4 D-man and at best #1 D-man. We're trading a UFA-to-be LWer who will score 40+ goals and a excellent #3 or an ok #2 D-man signed cheap till next year. I'm saying cheap in turns of return, the package is not cheap, but in turns of return it is quite cheap...

McOilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Boilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatone94 View Post
Since the Preds picked up Vishnevski, Marek Zidlicky seems to be expendable. I asked some Preds fans what they would want in return from us, and we came to this proposal:
MAP, Marty Reasoner, Ana 1st
for
Zidlicky

What do you guys think? Zidlicky is a top pairing guy, signed through 09/10 at a reasonable 3.35 cap hit. He is great offensively and is good in his own end. Comparable to Lubomir Visnovsky really.

Thoughts?

Jesus no! Zidlicky produces on the PP sure, but we can get him in the off season season easy for zero trades, forget it. Keep what we have and get him in the off season, if you really want him that badly. Another soft Tom Poti IMO. Matt Greene has more playoff experience than that guy, has as many playoff points too..

Last edited by Boilers*: 02-11-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Boilers* is offline   Reply With Quote