HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Would it take to get Cammalleri

Old
02-11-2007, 10:06 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
What Would it take to get Cammalleri

Hey all, Rangers fan here if you couldn't tell. I'm a huge Cammalleri fan, and like the Kings in general for various reasons, but I was wondering what you all felt would be a fair trade to send Cammalleri to the Rangers?
Would the Kings have interest in Montoya? It sounds as if the goaltending situation in LA is less than great, and it has been rumored since the emergence of Lundqvist that Montoya could be traded at some point and that his future may not be in New York.
If the Kings were to trade him, I'd imagine they would want some good prospects back, and the Rangers have a decent amount of prospects who could be on the move.
Anyway, just wanted to know what kind of return would be needed, thanks in advance guys.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

We have Bernier as our future Goaltender, who I feel is a way better prospect than Montoya.

To get Cammalleri, you'd have to start with Marc Staal and a 1st. And that's just to start.....

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:11 PM
RightKinger

Marc Staal or Al Montoya

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:12 PM
ExplosionsintheGine

Kings have Jonathan Bernier, he is the goaltender of the future. Im not sure, maybe Marc Staal?

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:13 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I could see the Rangers moving Montoya, but definately not Staal, and most definately not Staal and a 1st. I forgot about Bernier, how far away from playing in the NHL is he? 2 years or so?
The Rangers seem to be hoping Staal is the Leetch of the future, and he's really our only top prospect in the system, that's why I'm saying Staal probably won't be dealt anytime soon. The Rangers do have a few other good defensive prospects like Sauer, Baranka and Sanguinetti, but I'm not sure if they'd interest LA.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I could see the Rangers moving Montoya, but definately not Staal, and most definately not Staal and a 1st. I forgot about Bernier, how far away from playing in the NHL is he? 2 years or so?
The Rangers seem to be hoping Staal is the Leetch of the future, and he's really our only top prospect in the system, that's why I'm saying Staal probably won't be dealt anytime soon. The Rangers do have a few other good defensive prospects like Sauer, Baranka and Sanguinetti, but I'm not sure if they'd interest LA.
Bernier will turn pro after this season, probably be in Manchester for 07-08 but will be with the Kings after that.

As for the other prospects you mentioned, I doubt the Kings would have interest in them, especially not for their 2nd leading scorer who A) is almost scoring a point per game and B) only 24 years old and still a while away from UFA status.

My hope is for the Kings to reward Cammalleri for his play the last two seasons and give him a long-term contract with a sizeable raise.

Old
Captain Ron

Quote:
Bernier is probably 3-4 years away...but the Kings probably will not make a "serious playoff push till 2010 anyway. So to get a goalie for next season is not a "huge" priority.

Quote:
I like Sanguinetti. How about Sanguinetti and a 1st?

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ExplosionsintheGine

Bernier is about 2-3 years away, more so 3. Maybe Sanguinetti with 1 or 2 more players/picks.

Dean Lombardi wants some young D talent.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Playa Hamm*

Staal for Cammalleri.

Rags have nothing else that I would take straight up for Cammy.

Playa Hamm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa Hamm View Post
Staal for Cammalleri.

Rags have nothing else that I would take straight up for Cammy.
LOL....glad you're not in charge!

Old
02-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieJr.17 View Post
Bernier is about 2-3 years away, more so 3.
Just curious, what makes you think that?

Old
02-11-2007, 10:27 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Ah well thanks for the insight guys.
Is Cammalleri an RFA next season btw? I think I heard somewhere that he was but wasn't sure.
Would you guys say that Cammalleri is a huge piece of the future, similar to what Bernier and Kopitar are looking like, or would you say he's a player that a little down the line will be used as trade bait to try to bring in an top veteran? I feel that unfortunately that is what Prucha is going to be used as, so I'm just wondering what the Kings have in store for Cammy, in your opinions.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Ah well thanks for the insight guys.
Is Cammalleri an RFA next season btw? I think I heard somewhere that he was but wasn't sure.
Would you guys say that Cammalleri is a huge piece of the future, similar to what Bernier and Kopitar are looking like, or would you say he's a player that a little down the line will be used as trade bait to try to bring in an top veteran? I feel that unfortunately that is what Prucha is going to be used as, so I'm just wondering what the Kings have in store for Cammy, in your opinions.
Yep....RFA. He's been on a "one-year, every year" contract basis for a couple years now, IIRC.

And yes, I would say that Cammalleri is a big piece of our future. He has 8 points in his last 3 games and his confidence is huge right now. If he stays healthy, I can see him finishing the year with 80 points, and if the Kings end up dealing him it will be yet another mistake is this franchise's history.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:33 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
Yep....RFA. He's been on a "one-year, every year" contract basis for a couple years now, If I recall correctly.

And yes, I would say that Cammalleri is a big piece of our future. He has 8 points in his last 3 games and his confidence is huge right now. If he stays healthy, I can see him finishing the year with 80 points, and if the Kings end up dealing him it will be yet another mistake is this franchise's history.
I'm glad to hear he is so highly regarded. It seems that outside of LA he is probably, at least in my opinion one of, if not the most underrated players in the NHL. Aside from that, I've also heard he's a great guy off the ice. A friend of mine who lives in LA knows some people in Kings management and got to know a bunch of the players, and he said of all the guys, Cammalleri was the nicest guy on the team and made a real effort to talk to him.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Mr_Jones*

Well the last time Lombardi traded a good young player, he got Jack Johnson.

So I don't think Sanguinetti and a 2nd would do it for Cammalleri.

Mr_Jones* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:36 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
Well the last time Lombardi traded a good young player, he got Jack Johnson.

So I don't think Sanguinetti and a 2nd would do it for Cammalleri.
Speaking of Jack Johnson, what's his status lately? He seems to have fallen off the map on these boards and haven't heard much talk of him.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:41 PM
ExplosionsintheGine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
Just curious, what makes you think that?
Beriner is 18 I believe, correct?

18 + 2 = 20
18 + 3 = 21

Marc-Andre Fleury's rookie year he was 20 or 21. I think that's about right, when talking about a top prospect goaltender in regards of making his first start at the NHL level.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Mr_Jones*

Quote:
Speaking of Jack Johnson, what's his status lately? He seems to have fallen off the map on these boards and haven't heard much talk of him.
Had a great U20 WJC and continues to kick ass at UoM. (27 points in 27 games and a ridiculous +19)

Mr_Jones* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Staal and Hollweg.

Rangers can hope that Staal will turn into a Leetch type player, but Cammalleri is currently an NHL player putting up 20+ goals a season. They would take that deal and run.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Were you around here during the WJC's?

Speaking for....pretty much every Kings fan here, we CANNOT wait for Johnson to get here.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieJr.17 View Post
Beriner is 18 I believe, correct?

18 + 2 = 20
18 + 3 = 21

Marc-Andre Fleury's rookie year he was 20 or 21. I think that's about right, when talking about a top prospect goaltender in regards of making his first start at the NHL level.
Yeah, but Bernier already has 3 seasons of junior under his belt...I wouldn't be surprised if he is in Manchester next season.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:50 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Staal and Hollweg.

Rangers can hope that Staal will turn into a Leetch type player, but Cammalleri is currently an NHL player putting up 20+ goals a season. They would take that deal and run.
I'll run that deal by the guys at the Rangers board and get back to you on what the opinion is, though I'm going to guess that most Rangers fans would not want to do that...be back in a bit.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
I'll run that deal by the guys at the Rangers board and get back to you on what the opinion is, though I'm going to guess that most Rangers fans would not want to do that...be back in a bit.
I can understand that. I mean, the whole deal would be dependant on what each team needs. Obviously the Kings need young defensive help. Don't even know what the Rangers need.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:55 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I can understand that. I mean, the whole deal would be dependant on what each team needs. Obviously the Kings need young defensive help. Don't even know what the Rangers need.
The Rangers are in need of a playmaking, 2nd line center, as well as defensive help. Our D core of now is horrible. Aside from Tyutin, and maybe Ward, everyone else is a 5th or 6th defender at best in my opinion, so it's a sticky situation.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
The Rangers are in need of a playmaking, 2nd line center, as well as defensive help. Our D core of now is horrible. Aside from Tyutin, and maybe Ward, everyone else is a 5th or 6th defender at best in my opinion, so it's a sticky situation.
Yeah it'd give you something you need, and give the Kings what they need, but it's subtract from the Kings scoring NHL youth and would subtract from the Rangers subpar defensive depth. Thank god we're not GM's.