HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Would it take to get Cammalleri

Old
02-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa Hamm View Post
Very interesting. I think the rags give up a bit more than us but pretty even. I would probably do that ddeal though.
Agreed, they do give up a little more in the deal but they are the ones trying to run while the Kings can be patient. They can keep Camms and be happy or get this package and be happier. But the Rags I think need to do something to improve right now and also to satisfy/activate Shanahan. The Ranger fans can pretty much assume that when in the playoffs, Jagr and his line will face the opposition's best neutralizers so having scoring in the 2nd line and beyond will be crucial.

- R

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Playa Hamm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Agreed, they do give up a little more in the deal but they are the ones trying to run while the Kings can be patient. They can keep Camms and be happy or get this package and be happier. But the Rags I think need to do something to improve right now and also to satisfy/activate Shanahan. The Ranger fans can pretty much assume that when in the playoffs, Jagr and his line will face the opposition's best neutralizers so having scoring in the 2nd line and beyond will be crucial.

- R

As much as a I don't want to trade Cammy and hopes he stays a King, I would be interested to see what kind of numbers he could up in the East........playing with Jagr.........

Playa Hamm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Sniper7

Send a message via Yahoo to Sniper7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieJr.17 View Post
Bernier is about 2-3 years away, more so 3. Maybe Sanguinetti with 1 or 2 more players/picks.

Dean Lombardi wants some young D talent.
Bernier is 2 years away, he'll be starting for the Monarchs next season. For Cammy how well he's playing and his up side; Stall, Sanguinetti and a 1st. If you listened to the Breakfest with the GM, DL talked about Cammy a few times and he loves how he plays. Cammy is one of the 5 players that this team is being built around. The only way he's getting moved is for a huge payment, but he's not going anywhere.

Sniper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Haik

Cammelleri
Armstrong
Norstrom

for

Marc Staal

Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Playa Hamm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
Cammelleri
Armstrong
Norstrom

for

Marc Staal

WAY too much.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:03 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper7 View Post
Bernier is 2 years away, he'll be starting for the Monarchs next season. For Cammy how well he's playing and his up side; Stall, Sanguinetti and a 1st. If you listened to the Breakfest with the GM, DL talked about Cammy a few times and he loves how he plays. Cammy is one of the 5 players that this team is being built around. The only way he's getting moved is for a huge payment but, he's not going anywhere
Did you listen to the same Breakfast with the GM that I did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Lombardi
"If Cammy's Agent see's him as a 35 goal scorer, he'll want a number (salary figure) that's way different than what we see him at..."

"I don't know if we had enough information to give Cammy what he wanted..."

"The closer he gets to free agency the harder and harder it's gonna be (signing Cammy long term)...Someday I might have to give Cammy 5M over 10 years and it might not turn out."

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Canadian View Post
"Emoticon-only posts also will be considered spam"

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=315216

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:18 AM
Playa Hamm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
"Emoticon-only posts also will be considered spam"

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=315216
are you a mod in training ?

Old
02-12-2007, 02:19 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa Hamm View Post
are you a mod in training ?
Yes. I want to be just like Caniacforever.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:23 AM
Osprey

The only reason that all of this trade talk with Cammalleri is coming up is that he doesn't have a multi-year contract. If he had one like Frolov, then, like Frolov, no one would be considering trading him. Let's give Lombardi the chance to lock Mike up long-term this Summer. If something reasonable can't be reached, then sign him for another one-year and trade him, either before the season or at this time next year. A long-term contract is more in the Kings' interest and favor than a prospect or two that's a year or more away and may never be as good as Mike. Giving it a go deserves one more chance.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:29 AM
Osprey

Quote:
You mean bitter at a player who wouldn't sign a contract with your team? Are you subconsciously bitter towards Cammalleri, Beauty? Let's explore these feelings of bitterness. Please, take a seat on the coach.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:10 AM
Venom_17

I am a strong advocate of putting Bernier on the Ryan Miller development plan. Slow and steady. IMO Fleury himself was rushed and it screwed up his development to an as of yet unknown degree.

As a Kings fan, I think the Rags get robbed in a Cammalleri for Staal straight-up trade. Yes, Cammalleri is a 35 goal scorer but Staal is a sure-thing future #2 dman. I'll take the dman any day!

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:50 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Why not give up Anze while we're at it?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 04:01 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Bernier is 2 years away, he'll be starting for the Monarchs next season. For Cammy how well he's playing and his up side; Stall, Sanguinetti and a 1st. If you listened to the Breakfest with the GM, DL talked about Cammy a few times and he loves how he plays. Cammy is one of the 5 players that this team is being built around. The only way he's getting moved is for a huge payment, but he's not going anywhere.
Cammy is definitely not trash we're trying to dump. I love the guy and I think he has some special clutch leadership inside of him in the Messier vein. I don't know, I've just picked it up from watching him as the captains of his previous teams and his tournament leadership.

But as for Bernier, I could see him in a Kings uniform as the backup in two years. But I really don't believe he is in that .1% of all goaltenders like Roy or Cam Ward who will start as a rookie and make a major impact. And that's who we will need; someone who is a full starter with experience in 2010 ready to take us past the 2nd round of the playoffs where we get run out by whomever is the best experienced team in the west, thus giving us enough playoff experience so that we can make four or five real Cup runs 2011-12 to 2015-2016. I don't want to be Colorado. I want us to be like Detroit or even New Jersey, or possibly the Penguins of the early 90s.

- Ror

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 04:47 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
You mean bitter at a player who wouldn't sign a contract with your team? Are you subconsciously bitter towards Cammalleri, Beauty? Let's explore these feelings of bitterness. Please, take a seat on the coach.
Judges ruling...

Yes, I do believe that was a joke from Mr.Osprey.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 04:48 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
Setting your goals low, so that success is easier...interesting approach.

Old
02-12-2007, 04:49 AM
koncepts

Send a message via Yahoo to koncepts
i think a better fit for cammy would be with atlanta !!!

TO ATL Cammy , Sopel

to LA Exelby , Lewis

koncepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 05:13 AM
dabeechman

I have never really followed the history of the Kings, but when I was looking around tonight I saw that the Kings traded Aki Berg at the deadline in 2001 for Adam Mair and a 2nd rounder who turned out to be Cammalleri.

Wow...talk about a lopsided trade

Old
02-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Staal and Hollweg.

Rangers can hope that Staal will turn into a Leetch type player, but Cammalleri is currently an NHL player putting up 20+ goals a season. They would take that deal and run.
Hollweg?!?!?
Are you serious buddy?
C'mon...

Cammalleri will be our leading scorer at the end of the season.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Michigan Wolverine

Quote:
Yeah, but Bernier already has 3 seasons of junior under his belt...I wouldn't be surprised if he is in Manchester next season.
Quote:
Bernier is 2 years away, he'll be starting for the Monarchs next season.
IIRC, Bernier will continue to be too young to play in Manchester until after NEXT season. So a 2-year minimum ETA is a pretty reasonable guess, and he won't be in Manchester next year.

Last edited by Michigan Wolverine: 02-12-2007 at 05:51 AM.
Michigan Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 06:30 AM
King Blazer

Visnovsky
Kopitar
Frolov
Cammalleri
JMFJ

I'm not sure Lombardi is going to be able to retain all of these guys long-term...

Visnovsky hits UFA next season...
Cammalleri hits UFA in 2-seasons...
Kopitar hits RFA in 2-seasons...
Frolov hits UFA in 3-seasons...
If JMFJ signs this off-season, he'll hit RFA in 3-seasons...

IMO, the time to lock-up Cammalleri to a contract like Frolov's was at the same time they did Frolov's, two seasons ago. For whatever reason or reasons, that didn't happen. So now, they're in a tough spot with Cammalleri. He producing and arbitration eligible. There's really no reason for the Kings to do a contract like Frolov's with Cammalleri at this point, given that with Frolov's contract, the Kings probably paid him a bit more than market value up front with the hope of making it back up toward the end. In other words, for the Kings to do a Frolov type contract with Cammalleri, they'd start overpaying him now and hope to make it up in the end. It just doesn't work in this case. Overpaying Cammalleri now would likely bring them into the $3.5-$4M range...

Last edited by King Blazer: 02-12-2007 at 06:55 AM.
King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 06:32 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Wolverine View Post
If I recall correctly, Bernier will continue to be too young to play in Manchester until after NEXT season. So a 2-year minimum ETA is a pretty reasonable guess, and he won't be in Manchester next year.
I believe you are correct. NHL or Juniors for Bernier until he's 20-yrs old or has played 4-seasons in the Juniors. He's currently in his 3rd season of Juniors...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:33 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Visnovsky
Kopitar
Frolov
Cammalleri
JMFJ

I'm not sure Lombardi is going to be able to retain all of these guys long-term...

Visnovsky hits UFA next season...
Cammalleri hits UFA in 2-seasons...
Kopitar hits RFA in 2-seasons...
Frolov hits UFA in 3-seasons...
If JMFJ signs this off-season, he'll hit RFA in 3-seasons...

IMO, the time to lock-up Cammalleri to a contract like Frolov's was at the same time they did Frolov's, two seasons ago. For whatever reason or reasons, that didn't happen. So now, they're in a tough spot with Cammalleri. He producing and arbitration eligible. There's really no reason for the Kings to do a contract like Frolov's with Cammalleri at this point, given that with Frolov's contract, the Kings probably paid him a bit more than market value up front with the hope of making it back up toward the end. In other words, for the Kings to do a Frolov type contract with Cammalleri, they'd start overpaying him now and hope to make it up in the end. It just doesn't work in this case. Overpaying Cammalleri now would likely bring them into the $3.5-$4M range...
Looking at Cammy's point production, I would consider $3.5-$4M cheap.

Theses stats are for the 05-06 season:

Gomez 33G 51A 84PTS

Briere 25G 33A 58PTS

Gagne 47G 32A 79PTS

Each one of these players recieved at least $5M the following offseason. Cammy is currently on pace for 78PTS (33G 45A).

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
Hollweg?!?!?
Are you serious buddy?
C'mon...

Cammalleri will be our leading scorer at the end of the season.
Basically it'd come down to a #2 d-man and a fan favorite for a 30 goal scorer.

Hollweg would come in and be just as much if not moreso of a fan favorite as Avery without all of the distractions, plus he's from L.A.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:40 AM
treason47

Send a message via AIM to treason47
why are Kings fans so insistent on trading Cammalleri Look at his point prduction. He is obviously producing why trade him at all? stop thinking like dave taylor kings fans. stop trading for trading sake and keep the players that are bringing on ice results such as cammy. I say we keep camms. BIG mistake moving cammalleri. look at his age and his point production he will be a 80-90 point player. camm = next martin st.louis just wait for it.

treason47 is offline   Reply With Quote