HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

An interesting PP stat.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2007, 12:18 AM
  #1
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,628
vCash: 500
An interesting PP stat.

For the second year running, the Streit - Souray duo is our best duo on the PP (with over 60 mins together).

This year they've registered 17 goals in 74 mins, which goes for an average of 13.7 goals per 60 mins of PP time.

While Markov - Souray have 28 goals in 162 mins, which goes for an average of 10.3 goals per 60 mins of PP time.

I hope that Streit has assured himself of a permanent roster spot for the rest of his contract..weither it's as a forward/2nd PP or Defenceman (if Rivet can't be brought back).

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 12:23 AM
  #2
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
For the second year running, the Streit - Souray duo is our best duo on the PP (with over 60 mins together).

This year they've registered 17 goals in 74 mins, which goes for an average of 13.7 goals per 60 mins of PP time.

While Markov - Souray have 28 goals in 162 mins, which goes for an average of 10.3 goals per 60 mins of PP time.

I hope that Streit has assured himself of a permanent roster spot for the rest of his contract..weither it's as a forward/2nd PP or Defenceman (if Rivet can't be brought back).
I'd be very surprised if streit isn't a full time d-man next season. Its a numbers game this season but next year is tailor made for Streit on the habs D

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 12:28 AM
  #3
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I'd be very surprised if streit isn't a full time d-man next season. Its a numbers game this season but next year is tailor made for Streit on the habs D
I disagree. I can't see a 4th line player coming up from Hamilton to fill the role Streit fills right now. Begin-Lapierre-Streit is an excellent 4th line, and keeping Streit as a forward gives us a lot of flexibility. I wouldn't be upset if Streit double-shifted as a 4th liner and on the third pairing, or something like that.

__________________
This content is hosted here with the objections of the poster.
coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 12:42 AM
  #4
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
I disagree. I can't see a 4th line player coming up from Hamilton to fill the role Streit fills right now. Begin-Lapierre-Streit is an excellent 4th line, and keeping Streit as a forward gives us a lot of flexibility. I wouldn't be upset if Streit double-shifted as a 4th liner and on the third pairing, or something like that.
Me neither, but I think that would be too much for him. To be honest, I think Streit makes a better forward than a defensemen.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.