HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Most Annoying TV Hockey Personality?

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Yes Im Peter Ing

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Yes Im Peter Ing
Can you give me some examples of when he has bad-mouthed Canada? I think Cherry is generally regarded as the modern-day archetypical nationalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
If he wants this and that to change soo much, run for parliament, but most of the time he has nothing good to say about canada, but if u talk about canadian youth hockey he's all for it. He's confusing and frustrating.

Old
12-10-2003, 07:34 AM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Rightt......

They may be playing hard, but its still incredibly boring to watch.
Agreed. I have tremendous respect for the team and the organization (if BUF were half as well run as NJ they'd be respectable) but they are not the epitome of hockey excitement. Grab a lead and watch the the paint dry. That's their MO. It works. I'm not knocking it. But, to be their PBP man takes work to make the game interesting.

If it wasn't for Mike Emrick, for the most part, Devils games would be unwatchable, IMO.

Ta,

Old
12-10-2003, 08:02 AM
txpd

I have two.

one the play by play announcer on NESN for Boston home games. The most rediculous homer on TV.

two: tripp tracy for carolina....just bad.

Old
12-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan81
John Davidson is terrible IMO. What a homer. The only adjective he knows to describe the Rangers are sharp. They're either sharp or not sharp. Sam Rosen is pretty bad too IMO. He and Davidson laugh about nothing, or nothing anybody would understand. Davidson doesn't understand that the Rangers have an $80 million payroll. He thinks that where they are is fine. I also need to nominate Stan Fischler for not knowing anything about hockey.

Another bad announcer is Mike Lange. Wow. Could you have a more boring voice? His one-liners are awful. Does anyone even understand them?
Oh please. You are the classic Ranger hater over here. You come over to the rags board everytime the sabres/rangers play and talk your crap. Sam and JD are IMO one of the best broadcasting crews in the league.
Speaking on the Sabres.. some people here are bashing their PBP guy and i think hes pretty good.
So Satan, all you are is a classic ranger hater who hates everything about them from their players to their annoucers... get a freakin life.
Sam and JD

Old
12-10-2003, 11:25 AM
joechip

[QUOTE=txpd]
one the play by play announcer on NESN for Boston home games. The most rediculous homer on TV.
QUOTE]

I'll agree that the guy from Boston is a terrible homer, but, really most of them are. Even RJ in Buffalo is one, but he and Jim Lorentz at least <i> try </i> to appear even-handed.

The Dallas guys are bad too. So are the Philly guys on Comcast.

The Tampa PBP-man, Rick Pekham, calls a good game as well. But, the color-guy is awful.

Ta,

Old
12-10-2003, 11:30 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
TV- gary thorne

Radio - detroits play by play guy sounds rediculous. Nothing to do with the rivalry - just an observation.

Old
12-10-2003, 11:33 AM
Satan81

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
Oh please. You are the classic Ranger hater over here. You come over to the rags board everytime the sabres/rangers play and talk your crap.
Uh, I think you got the wrong guy. I haven't been on the Ranger forum since probably a year ago. I changed my avatar, maybe it was somebody else. But, yes, I do hate the Rangers.

Old
12-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Spaceace

Phoenix's pbp guy sounds like he's constipated.
Colorado's pbp guy's trademark "THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU!!" is the most annoying phrase EVER!!! And if any you homer Avs fans think it's not,then you are just as pathetic.

Old
12-10-2003, 11:50 AM
big_steve

steve simmons. everything he says, i disagree with. he's not so annoying as mcguire but i find that whatever he says is bull.

Old
12-10-2003, 12:09 PM
joechip

[QUOTE=nYr LunDmArK 21] Sam and JD are IMO one of the best broadcasting crews in the league.
Speaking on the Sabres.. some people here are bashing their PBP guy and i think hes pretty good.
QUOTE]

Personally, I think the Rangers coverage isn't very good. I don't think much of Sam Rosen, because he and Davidson rarely actually call the game. They talk way too much about everything except the hockey game. If Rosen called the game as much as RJ or Mike Emrick, I'd agree with you.

Davidson really does get on my nerves, because he never talks about anything <i> other than </i> the Rangers. Even on HNIC and ABC! He's really knowledgable and likable, except for his Rangers myopia. He's nearly as bad of a homer as Phil Rizzuto was for all those years calling the Yankee games.

Ta,

Old
12-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan81
Uh, I think you got the wrong guy. I haven't been on the Ranger forum since probably a year ago. I changed my avatar, maybe it was somebody else. But, yes, I do hate the Rangers.
You used to have a Satan avatar.. black sabres jersey.

Old
12-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joechip
Agreed. I have tremendous respect for the team and the organization (if BUF were half as well run as NJ they'd be respectable) but they are not the epitome of hockey excitement. Grab a lead and watch the the paint dry. That's their MO. It works. I'm not knocking it. But, to be their PBP man takes work to make the game interesting.

If it wasn't for Mike Emrick, for the most part, Devils games would be unwatchable, IMO.

Ta,
I invite everyone that says the Devils are boring to watch to check out the home and home games against the Flyers on the 12th and 13th of this month. Guaranteed these will be hard fought playoff intensity games to watch. Devils vs. Flyers earlier this season is still today the best game I've seen this season and yes I watch as much hockey as humanly possible with Center Ice every night. The hitting in that one was just crazy.

Closed Thread