HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leetch, Any News?

Old
02-12-2007, 09:24 PM
ban16*

vCash: 500
Leetch, Any News?

I haven't heard anything about him in months. People on this board are much more informed than me. Is there any chance he may play this year? If so, Rangers have to be favorite for him to play for, and we can use him on the powerplay.

Last edited by ban16*: 02-12-2007 at 09:49 PM.
ban16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:29 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

As much as I really, really love Leetch, he was stubborn and did not want to come back even though the Rangers had interest. He could not let go of that grudge and now instead of being on the Rangers finishing his career here he is in boston unemployed. Its a real shame

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:31 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
As much as I really, really love Leetch, he was stubborn and did not want to come back even though the Rangers had interest. He could not let go of that grudge and now instead of being on the Rangers finishing his career here he is in boston unemployed. Its a real shame
ye he said it himself, that he couldn't get over getting traded. He felt tied to NYC and then poof... traded. So yeah, im sure he still holds that grudge against the Rangers, specifically our GM.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:46 PM
The Thomas J.*

Do a search on Leetch, there was a thread posted with a link to an NY times article about 10 days ago, gives indepth insight to whats going on with him.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:46 PM
RinkOnEStreet

The Times article from a week or so ago made is seem like he was content spending the season in Boston with his family. I can't see him coming back while Slats is still here.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
He's waiting for Mark Messier to take over and sign him for 6 years.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Pizza

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Stoney La Rock

That article in the Times made me want to cry. Leetch will always be a Ranger. I don't have a problem with the fact that he was traded, but the way it was done was low-class, so poorly handled by management. He deserved better.

Judging by everything that has been written, it doesn't seem like he'll be playing anywhere again, and if he makes the decision to officially retire, I wish the Rangers would consider doing something like the 49ers did for Rice and sign Leetch to a one-day contract so he can retire a Ranger.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 07:47 AM
Dash2110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipsydoodle View Post
That article in the Times made me want to cry. Leetch will always be a Ranger. I don't have a problem with the fact that he was traded, but the way it was done was low-class, so poorly handled by management. He deserved better.

Judging by everything that has been written, it doesn't seem like he'll be playing anywhere again, and if he makes the decision to officially retire, I wish the Rangers would consider doing something like the 49ers did for Rice and sign Leetch to a one-day contract so he can retire a Ranger.
I brought up that idea once in a conversation and I believe I was told there would be complications doing that with the new CBA, maybe something along the lines of a minimum salary that's required and then part of that going against the cap. Maybe some can explain better to see if that's realistically possible.

Dash2110 is offline   Reply With Quote