HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

THE POLL that sums up what Gainey is probably contemplating ...

View Poll Results: Does Gainey ...
Trade Prospects + Draft picks for a playoff rental ? 20 28.17%
Does he stand pat, we miss the playoffs add to the prospect pool 51 71.83%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-15-2007, 11:40 AM
BORAT

vCash: 500
THE POLL that sums up what Gainey is probably contemplating ...

So there it is folks ... do you trade 2 prospects , possibly a pick to that and young players for a '' Forsberg/Tkachuk/Horcoff etc... ''

This will result in us making the playoffs : But possibly 2 rounds in the p/offs

Or would we rather miss the playoffs and continue adding on to the prospect pool ?

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post
So there it is folks ... do you trade 2 prospects , possibly a pick to that and young players for a '' Forsberg/Tkachuk/Horcoff etc... ''

This will result in us making the playoffs : But possibly 2 rounds in the p/offs

Or would we rather miss the playoffs and continue adding on to the prospect pool ?
time to trade
either way any prospects we get will rot in hamilton anyways

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Darz

I'll pick C, might make a minor move, the team makes the playoffs, and stuns the hockey world by winning the Stanley Cup!!!!!!!

02-15-2007, 11:44 AM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
time to trade
either way any prospects we get will rot in hamilton anyways
If the Flyers ask for Carey Price and Kyle Chipchura for Forsberg, would you do it ?

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Altoid

No - Chip and Price have long careers ahead of themselves, Forsberg isn't even sure he wants to play in the NHL next season.

Altoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:47 AM
PockIsGoD

Quote:
If the Flyers ask for Carey Price and Kyle Chipchura for Forsberg, would you do it ?
Chipchura, maybe, but there is no way I trade Price for Forsberg! No freaking way!!

PockIsGoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:48 AM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
I'll pick C, might make a minor move, the team makes the playoffs, and stuns the hockey world by winning the Stanley Cup!!!!!!!
3,4,5-trimethoxy-phenethylamine or 2-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl) ethanamine = bad Darz...

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yes...I would like option C as well please.

02-15-2007, 11:57 AM
tiredman

Wait until the deadline before moving. If we are still in the playoff race (8th position or better), try to acquire a player for the playoffs. If we are below 8th position, trade UFA's for prospects/picks.

Anyway, this summer the general manager will have to clean the house and get rid of the dead wood. Re-sign the good players and dump the rest. Then try signing a few good UFA's and bring up some prospects in the NHL.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Habs13

C.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:02 PM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
3,4,5-trimethoxy-phenethylamine or 2-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl) ethanamine = bad Darz...
Bad????
Stuff is great!

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:06 PM
big_habs_fan

I wouldn't trade youth or prospects. I would however trade any of the dead weight on this team and try and move some of the players not in our long term plans. If we can get some extra picks for some of our guys, great. Players I would try and get off the books and replace with some valuable picks or youth:

Samsanov
Murray
Ryder
Rivet
Bonk
Kovalev
Niinimaa
Bouillon

Some, like Niinimaa, will be gone at years' end regardless.

big_habs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:08 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
I think option C would be awesome

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
no thats not what i meant

i mean getting NEW prospects....

i wouldnt give away any of our current ones in hamilton except ferland

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 01:49 PM
tritone

Darz called it, poutine's on me, the cup is coming home baby.

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
Quote:
Good one.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Courtnall6

Quote:
Hell no.....

Courtnall6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:21 PM
baldrick

Quote:
You must be smoking some good chit, dream on, la la la. Isn't it a beautiful day?

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Reuben

I hope gainey retools for next year, we still haven/t done anything and have to make a decision sooner than we'd like with the trade deadline being moved up. Be nice if we could trade some vets for some younger players who could step in immediately.. we have 4 ufa defenceman at seasons end.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:31 PM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS456 View Post
Wait until the deadline before moving. If we are still in the playoff race (8th position or better), try to acquire a player for the playoffs. If we are below 8th position, trade UFA's for prospects/picks.

Anyway, this summer the general manager will have to clean the house and get rid of the dead wood. Re-sign the good players and dump the rest. Then try signing a few good UFA's and bring up some prospects in the NHL.
I see you're smoking the same fine fare as Darz. Waiting for the deadline will be too late to impact this season or next, the best players will be dealt. What will prospects or picks do for next season? Nothing. You're dreaming of a big UFA signing right? Rock on.

Old
02-15-2007, 02:44 PM
tiredman

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
I see you're smoking the same fine fare as Darz. Waiting for the deadline will be too late to impact this season or next, the best players will be dealt. What will prospects or picks do for next season? Nothing. You're dreaming of a big UFA signing right? Rock on.
Well, I would rather wait than trade our UFA's. We can still make the playoffs without having to trade for anyone. And no, I'm not dreaming of a big UFA but we can still sign one or two good players (like most teams do) this summer.

Waiting for the deadline will be too late to impact this season or next, the best players will be dealt.
If this team is not good enough to reach the playoffs without having to acquire Forsberg or anyone, we have ZERO chance to win the cup.

What will prospects or picks do for next season?
Some prospects can make the team next year (Kostitsyn, Grabosky, Halak, etc.) and draft picks helps to rebuild the team (long term).

If we are not good enough to make the playoffs, I'm sorry but we must rebuild the team by keeping the good players, graduating more prospects to the NHL and getting rid of the dead wood.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:17 PM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS456 View Post
Well, I would rather wait than trade our UFA's. We can still make the playoffs without having to trade for anyone. And no, I'm not dreaming of a big UFA but we can still sign one or two good players (like most teams do) this summer.

Waiting for the deadline will be too late to impact this season or next, the best players will be dealt.
If this team is not good enough to reach the playoffs without having to acquire Forsberg or anyone, we have ZERO chance to win the cup.

What will prospects or picks do for next season?
Some prospects can make the team next year (Kostitsyn, Grabosky, Halak, etc.) and draft picks helps to rebuild the team (long term).

If we are not good enough to make the playoffs, I'm sorry but we must rebuild the team by keeping the good players, graduating more prospects to the NHL and getting rid of the dead wood.
Last summer we signed Johnson and Samsonov, Johnson is a serviceable player but Samsonov has proven a complete waste. The problem is the Habs have so much dead wood which no one wants we can't give them away and management keeps adding more, we're stuck with them for the length of their contracts. The Habs have not and are unlikely to draft any elte players nor are they willing to pay the price to acquire any. If this team is ever to contend elite players are needed. Prospects are just prospects, assets to be used. Pay the price.

Old
02-15-2007, 03:19 PM
dodecapod*

Do practically nothing and make the playoffs.

dodecapod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
You must be smoking some good chit, dream on, la la la. Isn't it a beautiful day?

Ya...your right. It's impossible for the habs to make the playoffs.

A team can get hot as quickly as it can slump. If you can rememeber the '92-'93 season the habs played like crap for the last month of the regular seaosn, but was able to right the ship when the playoffs started.

It's funny how some fans believe no matter how good or bad a team is playing, that their current state, is the state in which they will remain the rest of the year.

Darz is offline   Reply With Quote