HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

If Crosby was drafted by Anaheim...?

Old
02-13-2007, 02:55 AM
Canucks19*

vCash: 500
If Crosby was drafted by Anaheim...?

Well we all know it came down to Pittsburgh and Anaheim, and the winner was Pittsburgh, my question to you is, if Anaheim had won the lottery, do you think Crosby would be able to put up the same numbers there. I think he woudn't just because he was able to get to play with Mario, and live with him, I think this played a huge factor in Crosby's success in the NHL, he obviously must have learned a lot from Mario... Do you think he would have had the same success playing in Anaheim(So far in his career)...???

Canucks19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Bardo Thodol*

yes

Bardo Thodol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:15 AM
Talentless Practise*

Yes

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:15 AM
Bardo Thodol*

no

Bardo Thodol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:19 AM
BigT2002

nope, a lot harder to have 80+ points when you have a team of hall of famers on your team.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:29 AM
coolwasabi

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, who knows. If Anaheim had won Crosby, they'd be a very, very different team. You can't just theoretically insert Crosby into the Ducks' current lineup. The moves that Burke made would have been different, I'm sure. That said, Crosby + Nieds/Pronger + Selanne on the ice at the same time = OMG.

coolwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:30 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwasabi View Post
Short answer, yes.

Long answer, who knows. If Anaheim had won Crosby, they'd be a very, very different team. You can't just theoretically insert Crosby into the Ducks' current lineup. The moves that Burke made would have been different, I'm sure. That said, Crosby + Nieds/Pronger + Selanne on the ice at the same time = OMG.
I will agree with that, but he wouldn't be taking near as many shots as he does now and his D-men would be touching the puck as well. Plus the style of play is a lot different than we have gotten used to watching him in now.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:31 AM
Canucks19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwasabi View Post
Short answer, yes.

You think carlyle would have given the number one spot to Crosby in his first year...?

Old
02-13-2007, 03:50 AM
revolverjgw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks19 View Post
You think carlyle would have given the number one spot to Crosby in his first year...?
It would be pretty funny if he didn't. Not ''haha'' funny, though.

revolverjgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:57 AM
Panopticon

I always tell myself not to think about things like these, but I still do. And it's always as fun.

If Crosby was in Anaheim this season, he would have more points and Selšnne would win the Richard and it would take key injuries to stop them from winning the Stanley Cup.

EDIT: Also, Pronger would lead d-men in points. Their PP would kill.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:58 AM
Canucks19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroSennin View Post
I always tell myself not to think about things like these, but I still do. And it's always as fun.

If Crosby was in Anaheim this season, he would have more points and Selšnne would win the Richard and it would take key injuries to stop them from winning the Stanley Cup.
What do you think would happen to Mcdonald and Getzlaf?

Old
02-13-2007, 03:59 AM
Dawit49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardo Thodol View Post
yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardo Thodol View Post
no
Posthunter, plz go away.

Dawit49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:09 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

If Crosby was drafted by the Ducks, and Ducks fans chime in here if I'm wrong, the people of LA would think he was a relative of Bing Crosby.

Seriously.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:10 AM
Pinkfloyd

If the Ducks had won Sidney Crosby, would they still have made the deal for Pronger? I don't know to be honest because if Crosby is there, Edmonton might've been expecting a different piece rather than Smid or Lupul and whether Anaheim would've gone with that is a whole other argument.

We'll never know. ^^

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:12 AM
BritSabre

I think he would have been as successful in Anaheim. I think the influence of Mario helped him a great deal, but if he was in Anaheim, he'd have had more talented potential line-mates with Selanne, Lupul and McDonald. I'd take them last year over Recchi, LeClair and Malone.

BritSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:15 AM
PJT

Send a message via AIM to PJT
The fact that he entered Pittsburgh alongside veterans such as Mario Lemieux, Mark Recchi, Zigmund Palffy, John Leclair and Sergei Gonchar certainly helped his rapid maturity and all-around game, but to suggest that those players made a significant contribution to padding his stats is a little off. Crosby took on the role as team leader about midway through the 05-06 season, and since then has become successful due to his ability to turn a core of AHL players into a legitimate hockey team on the ice through his playmaking abilities. He's just one of those players who makes everyone around him better, and I think you will see that by his assist totals thus far in his career. Last season he made Colby Armstrong, who in all rights is no more than a 3rd line winger on any .500 team, look like a legitimate starter.

I do believe however that Crosby would be just as hyped and just as successful on just about any team he would play for, his drive is just too great. If he has the ability to possibly lead the Penguins into the playoffs, who finished 2nd to last in the league last season and who this season are 4th in the East (with 9 members on their roster who were AHLers last season), then he surely would be tearing it up elsewhere. He has still yet to play on a line with a true winger aside from the 39 year old Mark Recchi.

PJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 05:51 AM
66-29-33

He would not be as mature as he is now, and he would be far less abused like he is, nobody playing dirty on him, or hooking and holding, etc.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
If the Ducks had won Sidney Crosby, would they still have made the deal for Pronger? I don't know to be honest because if Crosby is there, Edmonton might've been expecting a different piece rather than Smid or Lupul and whether Anaheim would've gone with that is a whole other argument.

We'll never know. ^^
If Crosby was in Anaheim, I would suspect Anaheim would have been willing to give away a player like Getzlaf.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 07:29 AM
wukwinn

Send a message via AIM to wukwinn Send a message via Yahoo to wukwinn

wukwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 07:34 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Well it's not like Anaheim didn't have veterans to learn from. They still had Teemu Selanne, Scott Niedermayer, Sean O'Donnell, and I guess you can throw Fedorov in there. They're still guys who know how to play the game.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Vanek2112

Well, it's not like it was actually down to Anaheim and Pittsburgh for Crosby. They reported the results in reverse order to make it more exciting. It only seemed like it was down to those two teams. Pittsburgh was chosen first. Anaheim just happened to be chosen 2nd. Teams like Buffalo and NYR had just as good of a chance at getting Crosby as Pittsburgh did and a better chance than Anaheim.

Vanek2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Brazz
This boat is 4 real!

Quote:
Well we all know it came down to Pittsburgh and Anaheim, and the winner was Pittsburgh, my question to you is, if Anaheim had won the lottery, do you think Crosby would be able to put up the same numbers there. I think he woudn't just because he was able to get to play with Mario, and live with him, I think this played a huge factor in Crosby's success in the NHL, he obviously must have learned a lot from Mario... Do you think he would have had the same success playing in Anaheim(So far in his career)...???
Actually when they did the draft they pulled Pittsburghs ball first then Anaheim, Carolina etc etc etc. and just read them in reverse order to build suspence. So really and ball could have been pulled after Pittsburghs . Crosby is an amazing talent and would be putting up huge numbers if he played in any one of the 30 NHL teams

Brazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 10:56 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wukwinn View Post
haha i like that

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Takeo

Quote:
I think he woudn't just because he was able to get to play with Mario, and live with him, I think this played a huge factor in Crosby's success in the NHL, he obviously must have learned a lot from Mario.
I would venture to say that had little to nothing to do with his early success. The kid is talented, period, whether he lived with Super Mario or Oscar the grouch.

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 10:58 AM
LuG61
2015 Playoff Saviour

vCash: 1015
i nearly pooped my pants when it was in the final 2

LuG61 is offline   Reply With Quote