OT: Theodore and Svatos on the block

Old
02-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason010304 View Post
Does Colorado want to move Svatos that bad to give up a 1st and get murray in return? Is Thomas what they are really looking for???????????

Does anybody think maybe Colorado will laugh at this deal???
I'm betting Colorado wants to save face and get Theo's cap off the books. The trade looks bad on them right now.

Svatos has been rumored to have been on the block all season. Going through the same thing Boyes is going through here, except for some reason, it seems everyone in Colorado has forgotten how much potential this kid has.

Murray gives them a true goal scorer who is playing consistently. Thomas gives them a solid backup to Budaj. Not to mention now the pie on their face for the Theodore deal is now off their face. They expected him to come in there and lead them to glory. Ouch, whoops.

The difference is, we know what we'd be getting, a goaltender coming off a couple bad years. Let's be serious, no one expects us to win the cup in the next two seasons.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:31 AM
BruinInTexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason010304 View Post
Does Colorado want to move Svatos that bad to give up a 1st and get murray in return? Is Thomas what they are really looking for???????????

Does anybody think maybe Colorado will laugh at this deal???
agreed. I don't think Colorado will give up a 1st. And from the article :

"General manager Francois Giguere's stated plan is to keep the Avs' young prospects intact, and keep building through the draft and free agency."

BruinInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:33 AM
bleedsblackandgold47
Gotta big dome, eh?

I take this trade immediately for the prospect of Marek Svatos alone. If Theodore sucks here, there's no reason we can't put him on waivers and send him to the AHL. Svatos is a can't miss prospect, not to mention we get a high first round pick. This is no-lose.

bleedsblackandgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Fair Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I'm betting Colorado wants to save face and get Theo's cap off the books. The trade looks bad on them right now.

Svatos has been rumored to have been on the block all season. Going through the same thing Boyes is going through here, except for some reason, it seems everyone in Colorado has forgotten how much potential this kid has.

Murray gives them a true goal scorer who is playing consistently. Thomas gives them a solid backup to Budaj. Not to mention now the pie on their face for the Theodore deal is now off their face. They expected him to come in there and lead them to glory. Ouch, whoops.

The difference is, we know what we'd be getting, a goaltender coming off a couple bad years. Let's be serious, no one expects us to win the cup in the next two seasons.
And why would we want to a goaltender coming off a couple bad years? For $5.5 million? I don't understand. I don't see how an unconsistent goaltender, who may not even regain his form, will help us. We might as well just let Toivonen play if nobody expects us to win the cup in the next two seasons. I'd rather have him regain his form than Theodore.

I'm not attacking you personally. I actually agree with a lot of your posts. I just don't understand why people want Theodore.

I'd take Svatos in a heart-beart, though.

Last edited by Fair Warning: 02-13-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Fair Warning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jason010304

Quote:

Yes, but are we willing to give up our first round pick to get rid of Boyes.....absolutely not.......

Jason010304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins1349 View Post
What allows us to send down Theodore and have his cap hit come off the books, and not the Avs?
The Avs can do that, but they want to unload the contract[he gets 5m if he's in the AHL regardless], hence why they're packaging a 1st with his contract.
Basically, they just don't care about the hit, they simply don't want to pay him.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Oh and the current great Cup winning tandem we have now is that much better!
It would suck to lose all those Rocket Richard trophies and all those playoff rounds that Murray has brought too.
This is the worst argument ever. You're saying if you aren't the leading goal scorer in the NHL than you are not worth having. The Bruins biggest problem is lack of scoring, not goaltending (that is so-so). If we lose Murray, we need to either use his money to sign a scorer, or obtain a scorer in the trade. Jose is terrible. Thomas's contract is just as long and at 1/5 the value. Downgrade.

Ruzicka38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:42 AM
bleedsblackandgold47
Gotta big dome, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzicka38 View Post
This is the worst argument ever. You're saying if you aren't the leading goal scorer in the NHL than you are not worth having. The Bruins biggest problem is lack of scoring, not goaltending (that is so-so). If we lose Murray, we need to either use his money to sign a scorer, or obtain a scorer in the trade. Jose is terrible. Thomas's contract is just as long and at 1/5 the value. Downgrade.
You know Marek Svatos would be coming back our way, too, right?

Old
02-13-2007, 09:44 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
30th in Goals Against says otherwise.
http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app?fetc...ewName=summary
Yep, not goaltending (that is so-so)..
*snicker*

Old
02-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFan09 View Post
And why would we want to a goaltender coming off a couple bad years? For $5.5 million? I don't understand. I don't see how an unconsistent goaltender, that may not even regain his form, will help us. We might as well just let Toivonen play if nobody expects us to win the cup in the next two seasons. I'd rather have him regain his form than Theodore.

I'm not attacking you personally. I actually agree with a lot of your posts. I just don't understand why people want Theodore.

I'd take Svatos in a heart-beart, though.
See your making it 100% about Theodore, when it's really more about Svatos and the first round pick. Theodore is what we would need to take to get the deal done. Right now he's a huge embarrasment (hence hte reason the rumor they would include a first to get him outta there) because they expected him to take them to the cup. Pie..... on..... face. How do you send that guy to the AHL without looking like an ass. He doesn't perform for us, no biggie, no one really expects him to, we waive his ass and let the salary come completely off the books end of the season anyway. Plus there is always that chance he performs here, whether it should be said or not. Either way, it doesn't matter, that's just added incentive. Right now Theo is performing roughly the same as a couple of guys everyone wants to bring in, Biron and Bryzgalov.

This is a good way to rebuild a team. Svatos is signed through 07/08, and even then is an RFA. The first is a first, not much explanation needed there.

Theodore is the 5.5 million goalie who has had 7 or so great seasons, and 2 bad ones. He is a UFA after next season, so his cap hit is temporary. Biron or Bryz come here and we get jacked anyway, they aren't carry a team goalies. Theo has been there, brings experience, can help bring along the young guys.

Meanwhile we have this kid who scores goals like nobodies business, and a 1st to play with. Plus our goalie situation is the same except now Hannu and Rask have a different mentor in Theo.

PS I dont take a good arguement as a personal bash man, no worries, thats what message boards are about.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedsblackandgold47 View Post
You know Marek Svatos would be coming back our way, too, right?
OK, so we gain a bad goalie who makes a TON of money and a player with less than 1/2 the offense that Murray has provided. Still an awful deal.

Ruzicka38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:47 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
OK, so we gain a bad goalie who makes a TON of money and a player with less than 1/2 the offense that Murray has provided. Still an awful deal.
and if he sucks, send him down[clears the full cap hit], if someone claims him BIG DEAL even better, if no one does claim him, let him rot in the minors[still no cap hit]. Its only JJ's money.
We'd get a high 1st and Svatos out of it.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Backin72

What makes anyone think Colorado is giving up their 1st round pick?

Bullfeathers, this is just a bad bad deal.

I don't want anyone else's garbage, not for one day.

Backin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:48 AM
BruinInTexas

Quote:
An awful deal on Colorado's end. Just not sure if Colorado would give up Svatos and a 1st...no matter how bad they want to be rid of Theo. If Chia could pull this off I would be ecstatic.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:49 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backin72 View Post
What makes anyone think Colorado is giving up their 1st round pick?

Bullfeathers, this is just a bad bad deal.

I don't want anyone else's garbage, not for one day.
Terry, COL is packaging a 1st as bait for a Theodore taker.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Fair Warning

Quote:
See your making it 100% about Theodore, when it's really more about Svatos and the first round pick. Theodore is what we would need to take to get the deal done. Right now he's a huge embarrasment (hence hte reason the rumor they would include a first to get him outta there) because they expected him to take them to the cup. Pie..... on..... face. How do you send that guy to the AHL without looking like an ass. He doesn't perform for us, no biggie, no one really expects him to, we waive his ass and let the salary come completely off the books end of the season anyway. Plus there is always that chance he performs here, whether it should be said or not. Either way, it doesn't matter, that's just added incentive. Right now Theo is performing roughly the same as a couple of guys everyone wants to bring in, Biron and Bryzgalov.

This is a good way to rebuild a team. Svatos is signed through 07/08, and even then is an RFA. The first is a first, not much explanation needed there.

Theodore is the 5.5 million goalie who has had 7 or so great seasons, and 2 bad ones. He is a UFA after next season, so his cap hit is temporary. Biron or Bryz come here and we get jacked anyway, they aren't carry a team goalies. Theo has been there, brings experience, can help bring along the young guys.

Meanwhile we have this kid who scores goals like nobodies business, and a 1st to play with. Plus our goalie situation is the same except now Hannu and Rask have a different mentor in Theo.

PS I dont take a good arguement as a personal bash man, no worries, thats what message boards are about.
OK, I understand what you're saying now. Thanks for clearing it up. I wouldn't do the trade without the 1st though

Fair Warning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:50 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblaine381 View Post
An awful deal on Colorado's end. Just not sure if Colorado would give up Svatos and a 1st...no matter how bad they want to be rid of Theo. If Chia could pull this off I would be ecstatic.
Its [Theo and 1st] and Svatos.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:51 AM
BruinInTexas

Quote:
Its [Theo and 1st] and Svatos.
I know

Old
02-13-2007, 09:53 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
I know
Then you can understand how COL could end up moving the 1st and Svatos then.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
I know
It's like the Malakhov deal in SJ. NJ packages a first to get his hit off the books.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:55 AM
bleedsblackandgold47
Gotta big dome, eh?

Quote:
Svatos is a decade younger than Murray in his second year in the NHL. He scored 32 goals and 50 points in 60 NHL games his rookie season. Svatos is CAN'T MISS, don't be fooled.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Backin72

Quote:
Terry, COL is packaging a 1st as bait for a Theodore taker.
OK, I must be blind, because I don't see where the #1 is mentioned.

Still, I don't do it.

Backin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:58 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backin72 View Post
OK, I must be blind, because I don't see where the #1 is mentioned.

Still, I don't do it.
Its not in that article, its been known for weeks that COL GM Giguere has been packaging a 1st rounder with Theodore.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:58 AM
BruinInTexas

Quote:
Then you can understand how COL could end up moving the 1st and Svatos then.
Are you speculating about the 1st? I didn't see it in the link but maybe I missed it. Anyways If they are willing to give up Svatos, a 1st and Theo. for Murray and Thomas...where do I sign. Theo is worth the risk.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:59 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
Are you speculating about the 1st? I didn't see it in the link but maybe I missed it. Anyways If they are willing to give up Svatos, a 1st and Theo. for Murray and Thomas...where do I sign. Theo is worth the risk.
Reply 48.