HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Juneau be re-inserted???

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2003, 02:36 PM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Will Juneau be re-inserted???

God I hope not!!! Begin has proven to be way more effective. What do you guys think???

Old
12-09-2003, 04:42 PM
habsfan11

why not just put him on begin's wing, or visa versa

Old
12-09-2003, 05:00 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Juneau is medically cleared to play, but CJ has no reason to break up the current lineup. Oh, and Audette has been ok'd by Doc, but he's in the same boat as M. Juneau.

Old
12-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Corey

Juneau is not done for the year, but this will surely be his last season with the Habs.

Old
12-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Juneau is not done for the year, but this will surely be his last season with the Habs.
True... his back is near its playing end. He'll likely share time with Dags though.

Old
12-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
why not just put him on begin's wing, or visa versa
that's what i would do .

Begin - Juneau - Sundstrom

Old
12-09-2003, 05:52 PM
Habsolution

Juneau is old and banged up. He's not fit anymore for a shutdown center role on a third line facing the opposition's best players.

That being said I still believe that Juneau could be useful with REDUCED ice time and responsabilities. Less ice time and defensive responsabilities could help him be more effective in the opposition end. I'd like him to center the 4th line with Kilger and Langdon on his wings. When Ward is back I'd sit Langdon.

I'd not touch the Bégin line since it frees up Bulis to play on the top two lines. Ideally Bulis would be better suited for a checking role on a contending team but considering the lack of talented offensive players on our top two lines I like seeing Bulis there.

Old
12-09-2003, 05:58 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
Juneau is old and banged up. He's not fit anymore for a shutdown center role on a third line facing the opposition's best players.

That being said I still believe that Juneau could be useful with REDUCED ice time and responsabilities. Less ice time and defensive responsabilities could help him be more effective in the opposition end. I'd like him to center the 4th line with Kilger and Langdon on his wings. When Ward is back I'd sit Langdon.

I'd not touch the Bégin line since it frees up Bulis to play on the top two lines. Ideally Bulis would be better suited for a checking role on a contending team but considering the lack of talented offensive players on our top two lines I like seeing Bulis there.
Hey Habso. I've been saying the same thing for a while. Juneau was a 4th line center before coming with us and 3 years later he isn't better then he was when he played limited time. Its obvious this is his last year, in fact I don't think any of our UFAs will be back.

Old
12-09-2003, 06:23 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
God I hope not!!! Begin has proven to be way more effective. What do you guys think???
God I hope not me too !!!
Bégin is the heart and soul of the Habs right now, and for a long time I guess. There is another player who is the heart and soul of the team, can't remember his name. ... Who's playing that jazz on the radio?, humm, so sweeet, John Coltrane is a master with his Sax.

Old
12-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution

Well put...I also think Juneau, at this point in his career, is suited for the 4th line. I also can't wait for Ward to come back. Having a 4th line of Kilger-Juneau-Ward wouldn't be that bad, they can play a checking role and would be able to chip some goals.

Old
12-09-2003, 08:25 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Well put...I also think Juneau, at this point in his career, is suited for the 4th line. I also can't wait for Ward to come back. Having a 4th line of Kilger-Juneau-Ward wouldn't be that bad, they can play a checking role and would be able to chip some goals.

Kilger ? why Kilger ? the way he played this year i don't know why you want him to play

Closed Thread