HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New lines according to Sam...

Old
02-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
-Versatlity

-No ego

Again, you guys do the *****ing and moaning, cause I don't think thats how Petr is reacting at all.
Personally, I agree that Prucha gets his chances no matter what and I couldn't care less that he is on the 4th or 3rd line, just think that Dupuis-Cullen-Prucha and HBO are the better combinations..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Leprechaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Lamateena View Post
If it's not broke, let's break it.
Is your name Tom Renny????

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272
Yep, that pretty much sums it up....

Would it not make more sense to place Ortmeyer on the fourth instead of Prucha???? Perhaps that would make things too easy

Again, though, the flu thing is definately more disconcerting to me.

Leprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 02:45 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
-Versatlity

-No ego

Again, you guys do the *****ing and moaning, cause I don't think thats how Petr is reacting at all.

Nothing to do with Pruchas reaction to it, I know he is a good soldier and never complains. It is more Renneys mindset. You have a young kid who is coming off a 30 goal season in his rookie campaign, he finally seems to be gelling with a line (cullen and orts) and he gets demoted to the 4th line. Is putting a goal scorer on the 4th line showing his versatility? Its the same mindset that puts any young player from hartford on the 4th line instead of in a situation to succeed, like Nigel Dawes. The kid is a goal scorer at every level and renney throws him on the 4th line. Renneys logic escapes me at times.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 02:48 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Honestly, treatment of Prucha has been so bad this year...if Renney doesn't move him up soon, he may as well be traded...

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
So, we win the last two games by a score of 10-2 and outplay the Devils in the loss prior and we need to switch the lines up?

What the ****? If anything, I would think that Renney would be encouraged to keep them together due to the fact he finally found something that worked.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Levitate

Eh, I think Renney just really doesn't know what to do with Prucha. His relatively poor start to the season didn't do him any favors, and he's been bounced around ever since.

It'd be nice to see the coaching staff work on finding a real niche for him this offseason, but I don't see it happening. I think they'll continue plugging him in here and there until they magically find a good fit, or they trade him for a missing piece of the lineup

edit: ^^^^^ It's not much of a shakeup...if Dupius doesn't work on the 3rd line, move Prucha back up and then you're just missing Orr...who isn't exactly a lineup regular anyways.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:02 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Re: Prucha on the PP? From Sam's comments section:

Quote:
To answer a question from earlier, Prucha is still on the first power play unit so I wouldn’t worry too much about him being marginalized. That’s far more important than whether he plays on the third or fourth line. And this might be more a reflection on giving Dupuis a fair look in his first game than it is of Prucha being on the outs

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:07 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk View Post
Honestly, treatment of Prucha has been so bad this year...if Renney doesn't move him up soon, he may as well be traded...
Why? The next training camp is only half year away. Prucha will have a monstrous 07/08.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:09 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I thought that was the heart of the blog entry. I would have to assume Holt, right?
I am not sure but I thought when it comes to an emergency situation in terms of Keepers..Valiquette would be able to play in the game while hes on waivers.. so you can play him but you might lose him...

not 100% sure on that though

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:28 PM
IanB

Doesnt make alot of sense to me. Dupuis should be on the 4th line until he adjusts to the Ranger's gameplan. I'm 100% sure Dupuis can play the Right Wing (In fact, he could play Center if the Rangers were desperate enough), so why not just leave Prucha, and put Dupuis in Orr's spot?

It is one of Dupuis' first practices with the team. Its possible that its just an experiment. I dont think it would be out of the ordinary to see some experimentation done with the extra days off. This might not stick.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:32 PM
WestsideNYR

Line up

This line up now finally is better then our line up last year.
Coltor Orr should stay in the line up as we can see how much better everyone plays(Jagr etc.) when they know who has their back. I wouldn't change a thing as long as we continue to play solid all the way around.

Hossa Straka Jagr Straka Nylander Jagr
Avery Nylander Shanahan Sykora Rucchin Rucinsky
Prucha Cullen Ortmeyer Ward Betts Prucha
Hollweg Betts Orr/Dupius Hollweg Moore Ortmeyer

Malik Roszival Malik Rosival
Tyutin Ward Tyutin Kaspar
Rachunek Girardi/Pock Poti Strudwick/Ozolinsh

WestsideNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Ola

No matter if its

Dupuis-Cullen-Orts
Holly-Betts-Prucha

or Prucha-Cullen-Orts
Holly-Betts-Dupuis

thoose 3rd and 4th lines are a heck of alot better then what we saw a while ago.

Orr-Holly-Ward...

Last year our 3rd and 4th line both got allot of icetime at times. Not always, if games were thight Renney cut back on one of the lines, but not always the same line. The 4th line in many games got 3-4 minutes more then the 3rd line. Hopefully we will see the same with these lines.

I also think Prucha would beat out Dupuis for a spot if it the lines became more ranked. Prucha didnt' have a great game against Washington. But he still contributed allot, more then he did early in the year. We shouldn't have too high hopes on Pascal. In Minny he gets allot of oppertunitys to counterattack, something he won't get to the same extent here since we don't break up as many plays as they doo in the neutralzone.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Forget about the lines

The flu hit in December and the team tumbled down the standings.Another outbreak of the flu.Doesn't the MSG health plan give out flu shots
The "flu" is just a case of colds. I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Balej20*

No reason at ALL to change the lineup. Renney is playing with fire here, and that fire could soon turn into his firing.

You win back to back games in decisive fashion, so what do you do, change the formula that won you those games. Stupid, stupid, stupid. But I can't say I'm surprised.

Old
02-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Fletch

I don't think...

we should jump up and down regarding the lineup change, especially since it's to the bottom two lines and the real change is Orr's out of the lineup. Not too ecstatic about Prucha playing with Betts again, with whom he's played about 20 games and has tallied zero goals, but eh, I'm not the coach.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:23 PM
WestsideNYR

Orr stays in

NO reason Orr should be out of the lineup..
Brashear, Laraque, Fodoruk and Parros amongst many other heavyweights play everygame. Why should we be different.
Look how Detroit was manhandled in Philly last night.
We can not be soft if we want to win. Period.

WestsideNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Jim Ramsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideNYR View Post
NO reason Orr should be out of the lineup..
Brashear, Laraque, Fodoruk and Parros amongst many other heavyweights play everygame. Why should we be different.
Look how Detroit was manhandled in Philly last night.
We can not be soft if we want to win. Period.
I think those are hard guys to compare Colton Orr to. All those guys make better decisions with the puck then Orr does, but I do think he has made some strides in being a better player than he was earlier in the season. However he's still not a guy that should be a staple to your lineup every game.

I really don't see this move really changing up too much of the chemistry that we've seen the past few games. Carolina isn't really a team that you have to worry about having your heavyweight out on the ice, you have to beat Carolina with speed and good transition game.... which I think is a lot easier to do if you insert Dupuis into the lineup.

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 05:09 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Have no problem with Dupuis on the 3rd line and expected BUT I think Renney is screwingthe pooch with moving Prucha down instead of Orts....

I guess Holly-betts-Orts and Dupuis-Cullen-Prucha just makes too much sense...Still, my bet is that we see these line before too long..
I agree. If Prucha can play the right, than why not slide him over on the 3rd line and move Orts down. Orts is great and all but he doesn't have the scoring touch that Prucha has, also Prucha has some chemistry with Cullen. We've seen how he plays with Betts so we can pretty much assume that he won't do anything on the 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
I don't mind the move as long as we actually keep rolling 4 lines and give the 4th line around 10-15 minutes of ice time per game. Our depth can really pay off this way.

But yes, keep Prucha on the PP so he can at least produce there
So in other words you are going to mind the move.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
we should jump up and down regarding the lineup change, especially since it's to the bottom two lines and the real change is Orr's out of the lineup. Not too ecstatic about Prucha playing with Betts again, with whom he's played about 20 games and has tallied zero goals, but eh, I'm not the coach.
You can make the case that it was the bottom two lines that have really sparked this team to its last 2 wins. I would not touch a damn thing with this team right now.

Old
02-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I didnt want to make another thread on this subject, but over on the Pens board someone posted a thread saying that Hossa is on the trading block. Anyony hear any news on this???

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
A lot of speed on the Cullen Dupuis and Ortmeyer line, but not a lot of offense

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 06:33 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha15 View Post
I think those are hard guys to compare Colton Orr to. All those guys make better decisions with the puck then Orr does, but I do think he has made some strides in being a better player than he was earlier in the season. However he's still not a guy that should be a staple to your lineup every game.

I really don't see this move really changing up too much of the chemistry that we've seen the past few games. Carolina isn't really a team that you have to worry about having your heavyweight out on the ice, you have to beat Carolina with speed and good transition game.... which I think is a lot easier to do if you insert Dupuis into the lineup.
You'll be surprised...Carolina is one of the toughest teams in the league. During this playoff push...there are no more soft teams. Even the Wings were playing real physical last night.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 06:36 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
You'll be surprised...Carolina is one of the toughest teams in the league. During this playoff push...there are no more soft teams. Even the Wings were playing real physical last night.
Even more reason to put Prucha on the ice more often. In my NHL 2007 franchise, Prucha is leading the league in both hits and goals (he has 100 and some goals. His assists are down, though, so maybe I SHOULD move him down to the 4th line...).

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 06:46 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Too much over analyzing right now from some of you. Renney made one small switch and I dont find that to be a big deal. This 5 day break is really getting to some of you.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Fletch

You could, Balej..

of course, you can also say they shot their load and this team goes nowhere without an effective top six.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote