HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

hatcher??

Old
02-13-2007, 04:16 PM
tips

vCash: 500
hatcher??

ek seems to be having a minor orgasm...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5441

uuh... not sure what to think about this...

tips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tips View Post
ek seems to be having a minor orgasm...
Be easy on him, the first time is always the most awkward.

Digger12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Oilerdiehard

I think he is not as bad as some are making out.

Having said that I watched a couple recent Flyer games and I am not sure if he was just having off nights but he did not just look slow, he was not keeping his feet moving and was coasting everywhere and not making a second effort at all on plays that resulted in goals.

He did not look like the guy that played for the Dallas Stars but I was at a live Flyers game last season and he was good. So who knows what one would get.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Other Little Mikey

I don't care if he's been reborn as Scott ****ing Niedermayer, it's DERIEN HATCHER. If I ever see that mother****er wearing an Oilers jersey, I would probably have to burn my own. I'm dead serious. I'd take friggin' Modano on this team (I just threw up in my mouth a little) before I'd take Hatcher. Doesn't anyone hold GRUDGES anymore, for pete's sake?!

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:31 PM
FiveFourteenSixOne
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
I don't care if he's been reborn as Scott ****ing Niedermayer, it's DERIEN HATCHER. If I ever see that mother****er wearing an Oilers jersey, I would probably have to burn my own. I'm dead serious. I'd take friggin' Modano on this team (I just threw up in my mouth a little) before I'd take Hatcher. Doesn't anyone hold GRUDGES anymore, for pete's sake?!

Not if it makes us better. Thats the bottom line. He would improve this team. End o' story. Maybe the Pitkanen/Hatcher package wasn't as bogus as many originally thought?

FiveFourteenSixOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Digger12

Quote:
If Ken Linesman could wear an Oilers jersey, then anyone can.

Still, the idea of trading for FrankenHatcher makes me feel queasy. I mean, that's got to be negative value, right? Surely this would be a favour bestowed by the Oilers, right?

I'm saying a few more Hail Mary's to my burgeoning Pitkanen shrine as we speak. C'mon, roll dem bones...

Old
02-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
haha Good thing he signed with Philly in the first place then. After the lockout Lowe tried to sign Hatcher but he already decided to sign with Philly but Hatcher's agent told Lowe he heard Pronger may be available and the rest is history...

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:33 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
I think he is not as bad as some are making out.

Having said that I watched a couple recent Flyer games and I am not sure if he was just having off nights but he did not just look slow, he was not keeping his feet moving and was coasting everywhere and not making a second effort at all on plays that resulted in goals.

He did not look like the guy that played for the Dallas Stars but I was at a live Flyers game last season and he was good. So who knows what one would get.
He looked bad when Rathje was playing, no team could have both of them, but Hatcher by himself is not near as bad as everyone sees, He is awesome on the PK, still mean as hell, and is still not bad when paired with the right kind of D,man. He and Smith on your PK would be deadly.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Other Little Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
haha Good thing he signed with Philly in the first place then. After the lockout Lowe tried to sign Hatcher but he already decided to sign with Philly but Hatcher's agent told Lowe he heard Pronger may be available and the rest is history...
Man, I said a lot of **** when I heard Darcy Tucker could become an Oiler, but this is the last straw. No, no way, no how. If we're that bad that we need Hatcher to make us better, **** it, fold the franchise. I quit.

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Man, I said a lot of **** when I heard Darcy Tucker could become an Oiler, but this is the last straw. No, no way, no how. If we're that bad that we need Hatcher to make us better, **** it, fold the franchise. I quit.
I like your attitude. That's the kind of thing I'd be saying if Tucker were to sign with the Flyers.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:38 PM
FiveFourteenSixOne
5-14-6-1

Quote:

Go on...

Tell us how you really feel

Old
02-13-2007, 04:40 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
He looked bad when Rathje was playing, no team could have both of them, but Hatcher by himself is not near as bad as everyone sees, He is awesome on the PK, still mean as hell, and is still not bad when paired with the right kind of D,man. He and Smith on your PK would be deadly.
Come on. At 3.5M there are about a million better cheaper options then Hatcher. He is the very definition of negative trade value. The only way we take on him and that salary is if Pitkanen is coming too.

And even then I am very hesitant.

02-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Oil_Magic

Send a message via MSN to Oil_Magic
If it means Pitkanen is coming then by all means i will take on Hatcher too
would he be so bad as a bottem pairing guy anyway?

Oil_Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Q038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
If Ken Linesman could wear an Oilers jersey, then anyone can.
oh, so true

I wouldn't mind seeing Hatcher as an Oiler.. he may have lost a step but geez he's still one mean SOB ...

Oilers been to soft for to much of this season... can piture it now. Stortini knocks him down, and Hatcher clubs him to make sure he doesn't get back up.

Q038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:45 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
If Marchment and Corson could wear Oiler colors, I can suffer through a couple years of Hatcher as long as it gets us Pitkanen.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:45 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Come on. At 3.5M there are about a million better cheaper options then Hatcher. He is the very definition of negative trade value. The only way we take on him and that salary is if Pitkanen is coming too.

And even then I am very hesitant.
I am not saying he is worth it, but you watch what UFA d men will get this year, half of them aren't worth what they get.
Pits I can't see happening as you will have to give up to get him, not making you any better, plus young Dmen are what we need, we are not gonna trade them.

I think IF the Oil are interested in Hatch, someone like Umberger would also be coming to the Oilers, for junk in return

Old
02-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Master Lok

Apparently we're becoming the Elephant Graveyard of hockey players. At least we don't pay premium prices like the old NY Rangers used to do. Oates, Nedved, Ulanov, Cross, harvey, now hatcher?

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Oil_Magic

Send a message via MSN to Oil_Magic
Quote:
I think IF the Oil are interested in Hatch, someone like Umberger would also be coming to the Oilers, for junk in return
All this morning Jake was joking about wanting Umberger just for his name

Oil_Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:49 PM
copperandblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
The only way we take on him and that salary is if Pitkanen is coming too.
If that's the deal then I am all for it.

I can't see Hatcher wanting to play in Edmonton anyways, so KLowe sneaks Pitkanen out of Philly by taking on Hatcher's salary and Hatcher pulls a Pronger on us and demands a trade at the end of the year or he will sit out.

All would be good again in Oilers land, except of course instead of getting Lupul, Smid and a 1st like in the deal for Pronger, Lowe has to settle for a set of used pylons a roll of sock tape and an expired crate of Gatorade but what the hell? and if he can't get that return he let's Hatcher sit out and doesn't pay for his salary anyways.

copperandblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:49 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil_Magic View Post
All this morning Jake was joking about wanting Umberger just for his name
When he does score, you will always say "Umberger with cheese"

Old
02-13-2007, 04:50 PM
PuckNut

Quote:
When he does score, you will always say "Umberger with cheese"
No. No, I won't.

PuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:50 PM
FiveFourteenSixOne
5-14-6-1

Harvey was a good Oiler and played his role well. I don't regret the Oilers picking him up one bit. The guy is the definition of class, and one hell of a role player. He's the type of player we could have used this year, with Moreau being out.

Old
02-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of the CuP View Post
Harvey was a good Oiler and played his role well. I don't regret the Oilers picking him up one bit. The guy is the definition of class, and one hell of a role player. He's the type of player we could have used this year, with Moreau being out.
I agree, when I said Elephants Graveyard, I don't necessarily mean that the players are bad when they're here. I liked harvey, Ulanov and even Cross. Even Oates had his plusses, especially training Stoll and others on face off plays. But it seems like this is the last stop station for some players before retirement or Europe.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Digger12

Let the record show that it is 10 minutes and counting from Stauffer's inevitable "I just talked with the leprechaun on my shoulder as of 15 minutes ago and he said the Oilers have NOTHING ON THE FRONT BURNER! NOTHING!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Old
02-13-2007, 04:55 PM
OntOilFan

Is the pylon budget so strained that we actually have to trade for one now?

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote