Notices

Coburn

Old
02-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Cactus Jack

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Coburn

Flames fan here just wondering what is up with Braydon Coburn? I see he has yet to crack the Thrashers' lineup as an every game player. Back in his draft year, I was actually pissed we didn't trade up to get him and was mad we drafted Phaneuf Luckily for us we did, but I really thought Coburn was going to be the next Pronger. Is he headed towards being a bust or will he still develop??

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

He's developing nicely, but at the moment there are too many defensemen and he's the only one who can go down without going through waivers.

If all the money etc. was removed from the equation I'd say he'd be an 'every game player', but at the moment he isn't far enough ahead of the others to offset the disadvantage of being the easiest one to send down.

Amen evil king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 08:39 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

He won't be the next Pronger, that is for sure.

I was very pleased with his play. A very solid two way defenseman who should be in the lineup for many years to come.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 02:16 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Would you consider a deal around him that would bring Andrei Markov with the Thrashers?

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 02:46 PM

vCash: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
Would you consider a deal around him that would bring Andrei Markov with the Thrashers?
Markov is nice, but there is no point trading a future part of the core just to band aid a team that is dying a slow horrible death that only a heart transplant can save.

#37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37 View Post
Markov is nice, but there is no point trading a future part of the core just to band aid a team that is dying a slow horrible death that only a heart transplant can save.
And as much as I love Markov, heart is not what he brings to the rink. The Habs aren't moving him anyway, that's just wishful thinking by a nervous fan.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 09:58 PM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

Coburn's good. Kinda. He's likely to have the career projection of *maybe* a poor-man's Redden. I don't think he'll be quite that good, but that's prob'ly who his game matches up with. I wouldn't want to trade him, but with the way Hartley refuses to play youngsters, he's tradeable. But only if you have a slow, stone-handed third liner to come back.

RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote